Sennheiser Momentum vs Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) P7
Jan 30, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #61 of 141
Yes and forget the Momentum in terms of comfort.

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #63 of 141
I ended up returning the P7's..... was to hot for my ears and not comfortable after 30-45 minutes for me. For comfort, the Sennheisers seemed better. I just didn't care for the sound

Feb 2, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #64 of 141
I ended up returning the P7's..... was to hot for my ears and not comfortable after 30-45 minutes for me. For comfort, the Sennheisers seemed better. I just didn't care for the sound

Why do you even buy those headphones if you don't care the sound 
blink.gif

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #65 of 141
  Why do you even buy those headphones if you don't care the sound 
blink.gif

It takes time to get used to a new sound signature. It's unwise to dismiss a pair of headphones based on a brief 5-10 minute demo, so some people would buy a pair of headphones and test-drive em for a few weeks to get a better accurate judgement of if the headphones are suited for their preferences. After a while, you can realize that you just don't care for the sound lol.

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #66 of 141
  It takes time to get used to a new sound signature. It's unwise to dismiss a pair of headphones based on a brief 5-10 minute demo, so some people would buy a pair of headphones and test-drive em for a few weeks to get a better accurate judgement of if the headphones are suited for their preferences. After a while, you can realize that you just don't care for the sound lol.

if you mean don't care about the sound by choosing your preference, i do agree with that. I find M100 a bit muddy and P7 having a pretty U-shaped signature, currently happy with my momentum
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #67 of 141
  if you mean don't care about the sound by choosing your preference, i do agree with that. I find M100 a bit muddy and P7 having a pretty U-shaped signature, currently happy with my momentum
biggrin.gif

hahah glad you found what you like. considering how subjective & preference-based our selection of headphones are, I kinda find it silly when people get offended or into heated arguments when they have different preferences.

the majority of well-reviewed 'audiophile-geared' headphones on the market now have great sound quality, and you just need to try out a few different pairs to find one with a sound signature that suits your listening preferences & tastes the best :)

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #68 of 141
Sorry to jump in on this thread with a noob question, bit I'm hoping to understand what I'm hearing instead because I've never articulated this before.

Went back to yodobashi camera the other day and sat down for a half our each with the two headphones and what I originally thought is that the p7 sounds so much darker but richer in sound across the board. I should have taken notes as I was listening. And the bass really hits unlike my HD439's, but I am not actively searching for a phone with bass per say, but it definitely hits more. While the Momentums sound warmer and brighter. Does deeper and darker for the P7 and warmer and brighter for the Momentums make sense? I know all of us hear things differently, I'd just like to confirm my understanding of what I heard.

Cheers!

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #69 of 141
To me, the Momentum is definitely darker (meaning less treble presence) But it has a kind of wispy nature to its treble, which may give the impression that it's brighter. The P7 has more treble presence, but the treble is significantly better defined and more natural. 

As for warmth, yes the Momentum is the warmer sounding of the two. 

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #71 of 141
So much to learn and understand, but I'm really enjoying listening to different types of headphones. There doesn't seem to be a one quiver headphone so this might take a while!

From one who used to own both at the same, the P7 is definitely superior to these ears. Higher resolution (especially noticeable in the treble), tighter bass and better openness and focus to the sound. 

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #72 of 141
So much to learn and understand, but I'm really enjoying listening to different types of headphones. There doesn't seem to be a one quiver headphone so this might take a while!

like money4me said, usually when you're comparing just straight out good headphones especially the expensive ones, go and find which one you like. I listened to people saying V-Moda M100 is fantastic and straight out bought it from amazon, after a week I returned it. Always try them if you can before buying one or find a shop with great return policy 
biggrin.gif

From one who used to own both at the same, the P7 is definitely superior to these ears. Higher resolution (especially noticeable in the treble), tighter bass and better openness and focus to the sound. 

The last 2 times I tried P7, it feels like they have a slight U-shaped sound signature, don't know if it's true or not. The bass and treble in P7 feels separated from one another compared to momentum for me. I wonder how these 2 compare to Focal spirit classic / pro and NAD Viso HP50

Feb 11, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #73 of 141
like money4me said, usually when you're comparing just straight out good headphones especially the expensive ones, go and find which one you like. I listened to people saying V-Moda M100 is fantastic and straight out bought it from amazon, after a week I returned it. Always try them if you can before buying one or find a shop with great return policy 
biggrin.gif

You might try to get from V-MODA directly, as it seems recently there are a lot of fakes from Amazon that people are getting.

The last 2 times I tried P7, it feels like they have a slight U-shaped sound signature, don't know if it's true or not. The bass and treble in P7 feels separated from one another compared to momentum for me. I wonder how these 2 compare to Focal spirit classic / pro and NAD Viso HP50

Ture, the P7, or B&W, sound sig in general is not for everyone.

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #74 of 141

You might try to get from V-MODA directly, as it seems recently there are a lot of fakes from Amazon that people are getting.

I don't know for sure, when I tried to register them on V-moda's website the registration number went through. I tried them once in an apple store and it sounded absolutely fantastic, that's why i was sure that it will be great. After I bought it everytime I listen to music there will be this bass hiss that will keep on going and I thought this is because of bloated bass or something. Does your M100 have that characteristic too or is it just mine that was defective?

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #75 of 141
  I don't know for sure, when I tried to register them on V-moda's website the registration number went through. I tried them once in an apple store and it sounded absolutely fantastic, that's why i was sure that it will be great. After I bought it everytime I listen to music there will be this bass hiss that will keep on going and I thought this is because of bloated bass or something. Does your M100 have that characteristic too or is it just mine that was defective?

No it should NEVER have that kind of hiss.  However, what exactly is your source?  Have tried it across different platforms like PC or iPod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back