Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 2 (MTW2)
Dec 3, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #166 of 228
I tend to find that the MW2 are meant to twist into your ear but the plastic just pushes out against the more central parts of my ear and it hurts so I have to have them more loose and out of my ear.

The Sony XM3s I had before and they were so bulk I couldn't do any gym work or anything.

Dec 6, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #167 of 228
I tend to find that the MW2 are meant to twist into your ear but the plastic just pushes out against the more central parts of my ear and it hurts so I have to have them more loose and out of my ear.

The Sony XM3s I had before and they were so bulk I couldn't do any gym work or anything.
You are right, the Sony's fit is terrible, sony should seriously reconsider a similar design to the MTW2. I find the MTW2 a bit painful at time as well, I sti hace Tim February 1st to return them.

Dec 9, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #168 of 228
Hi, Thanks for the answer.

Update: The issue with sound happens mainly after long period of music listening. When I just pick up headphones from the case and use them as a headset they sound relatively good, but if I listen to music for an hour and then switch to headset mode - then sound issues occurs. Looks like something overheating or so.
I'm planning to observe more. If this going to persisit, I'll probably address to service center, as you advised.

One more question, just curious what it this hole on the front of the right headphone?
FYI, we've forwarded your question to the product managers, just in case we can connect with you for any more insight :) Just in case anyone else reading this has a similar experience.

There are various microphone holes arrayed around the MTW2 enclosure. These are used for voice capture during calls, the active noise cancelling, and having several at different angles improves the beamforming performance of voice capture.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Dec 13, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #169 of 228
Love my MTW2 but checking here to see how others' ANC performs. I frequently exercise with a fan on in the room. The ANC on my MTW2 does virtually nothing to cut the fan noise. Like zero. It changed the tone of the fan but that's about it. By comparison, my Bose QC TWS almost kill the fan entirely. I realize the MTW2 probably doesn't perform better than the Bose I'm this area I'm pretty disappointed. Is it possible that my set is faulty? Or is the ANC just not situated for this? Thanks.

Dec 13, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #170 of 228
Love my MTW2 but checking here to see how others' ANC performs. I frequently exercise with a fan on in the room. The ANC on my MTW2 does virtually nothing to cut the fan noise. Like zero. It changed the tone of the fan but that's about it. By comparison, my Bose QC TWS almost kill the fan entirely. I realize the MTW2 probably doesn't perform better than the Bose I'm this area I'm pretty disappointed. Is it possible that my set is faulty? Or is the ANC just not situated for this? Thanks.
Mine cuts fan noise perfectly.

Dec 18, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #172 of 228
Following up. Tried a reset. The ANC literally does nothing. I can hear it turn on and I can hear the background static but man I do not think it cuts noise at all. Like literally zero. Is it possible they are faulty? Any ideas? Thanks.

Dec 18, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #173 of 228
I just read a series of long threads on reddit with multiple users complaining about the ANC on these. Many said like me that the ANC does literally nothing. When I say nothing I mean zip zilch. It doesn't cut any noise. It actually adds noise. The Reddit thread included many who went for an exchange and had the same result. This makes no sense to me since the reviewers all praised the ANC. Something is clear wrong and I'm not the only one complaining. Sennheiser since you are monitoring this can you please chime in? Do I have a faulty set? Thanks.

Dec 18, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #174 of 228
Following up. Tried a reset. The ANC literally does nothing. I can hear it turn on and I can hear the background static but man I do not think it cuts noise at all. Like literally zero. Is it possible they are faulty? Any ideas? Thanks.

I’ll keep an eye out on this thread because my MTW-2 AE does the same thing when I turn ANC on. I don’t use this feature anyway, but if there is an issue with the ANC, I’ll want to send mine back for warranty replacement.

Dec 18, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #175 of 228
I’ll keep an eye out on this thread because my MTW-2 AE does the same thing when I turn ANC on. I don’t use this feature anyway, but if there is an issue with the ANC, I’ll want to send mine back for warranty replacement.
The more I research this the more I think the ANC is just awful. It "might" ever so slightly reduce the very low end hum of my fan but it's barely perceptible and I may be imagining things. Overall the fan is quieter with it off. Either that or there are an awful lot of faulty units out there based on the reddit thread. I hope Sennheiser chimes in.

Dec 18, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #176 of 228
The more I research this the more I think the ANC is just awful. It "might" ever so slightly reduce the very low end hum of my fan but it's barely perceptible and I may be imagining things. Overall the fan is quieter with it off. Either that or there are an awful lot of faulty units out there based on the reddit thread. I hope Sennheiser chimes in.

@Sennheiser, can you chime in on whether ANC on the MTW-2 has been a problem?

Dec 18, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #178 of 228
Like I said before, the ANC on mine matched or surpassed the sony wf-1000xm3.

Dec 20, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #179 of 228
Like I said before, the ANC on mine matched or surpassed the sony wf-1000xm3.
Can not agree with this.
Passive noise isolation of MTW2 is good enough, but ANC is not. 1000xm3 is much much better at this point. Also you can customise Sony’s ANC settings.

Attachments

• 1ADFCB1F-2141-445F-87EB-993C1BFEC5D0.jpeg
    1ADFCB1F-2141-445F-87EB-993C1BFEC5D0.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back