Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 2 (MTW2)
May 10, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #196 of 228
May 11, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #197 of 228
How much better is the ie 800s compared to the MTW2? I am considering buying the ie 800s or should I just wait for a new Senny headphone to come out?
I have the IE800, to me it is vastly superior...however, it is wired and more useful for home use not on the go.

Also Senn has annonces the IE900

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #198 of 228
Guys, i hardly come here anymore. I usuelle go to reddit fiesta.
Wish i saw your issue about the noise cancelling before!

I had exactly the same issue, everything quieter when anc is off instead of on, Sennheiser and myself concluded i had to to send them back!

Jun 18, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #200 of 228
Also late to the party. Ordered MTW2 a couple of days ago and they should arrive early next week. My priority was sound quality so I'm hoping they deliver! They'll be used with an iPhone so AAC is the best BT codec that I can use.

Jun 18, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #201 of 228
Also late to the party. Ordered MTW2 a couple of days ago and they should arrive early next week. My priority was sound quality so I'm hoping they deliver! They'll be used with an iPhone so AAC is the best BT codec that I can use.
they "only" support SBC, AAC, aptX , so you cant use a real better one anyway :D

Jun 19, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #206 of 228
I will have mine Wednesday or hopefully sooner. I do have the XM4S right now but they are going back.
Anyone have the MTW1, are the MTW2 a noticable difference in sound only?
Personally, I found the MTW1 even better with regard to sound than the MTW2 but only a little bit so. I had both models and sold my MTW1 when I bought the MTW2 and remember that I was a bit disappointed even as I loved the sound of the first generation and found the 2s not as exciting, punchy and detailed as their predecessors. The sound of the MTW1 was a marvellous combination of all that.

Things have gotten better with firmware updates over time and the "High End tuning" feature did refine the sound as well. But no matter the (EQ) setting, I would still give the edge in pure sound quality to the MTW1 up to this day. Most other things are better on the 2s (battery life, ANC, size/fit, case hinge) with one exception: The MTW2 had very slight white noise but that was only audible in very quiet environments and when no music was playing.

I've sold both in the meantime. The MTW1 mainly because of their infamous battery drainage problem and because the left bud failed me twice within 9 months and the MTW2 after they they had that very same problem after 6 months or so. I was not impressed by their durability at all but maybe I was just very unlucky.

Edit: Oh and one more thing that always "bugged" me a bit was the relatively low volume levels on the MTW2. When turned up to 80/90 percent volume they are loud enough with most new recordings but sometimes head room was missing for me on old recordings or classical music.

I have now bought the Sony WF-1000XM4 and while they don't sound as good as the Momentums, they are much louder and have a lot of advantages (better EQ, ANC, battery, both buds can be used independently etc.)

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #207 of 228
Sold my pair after listening to the PI7 , but i hope you enjoy yours :)
I've had a bad start to MTW2 ownership. Received them today, and bought as 'factory sealed', but the boxed was not sealed and had clearly been opened, so I'm returning them.

I'm back on the market to search for new wireless earbuds. How are the PI7 in terms of fit, sound quality and ergonomics?

Jun 19, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #208 of 228
I've had a bad start to MTW2 ownership. Received them today, and bought as 'factory sealed', but the boxed was not sealed and had clearly been opened, so I'm returning them.

I'm back on the market to search for new wireless earbuds. How are the PI7 in terms of fit, sound quality and ergonomics?
Best Sounding tws I’ve tried :wink: ( I had air pods pro , mtw2 , Bose qc earbuds , trn t300 , technics az70w) the fit is much “smaller” then mtw2, they don’t stick that much out of the ears . For me the resolution is better , bass has more quality and the treble is also improved trough the BA driver compared to mtw2 .

Jun 19, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #209 of 228
Best Sounding tws I’ve tried :wink: ( I had air pods pro , mtw2 , Bose qc earbuds , trn t300 , technics az70w) the fit is much “smaller” then mtw2, they don’t stick that much out of the ears . For me the resolution is better , bass has more quality and the treble is also improved trough the BA driver compared to mtw2 .
This is good to hear. Are you using an iPhone or Android? I'm also interested in phone call quality if you are able to comment on that.

Jun 19, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #210 of 228
This is good to hear. Are you using an iPhone or Android? I'm also interested in phone call quality if you are able to comment on that.
iPhone , aac is fine , but you can also use aptx hd per adapter and a dongle from creative . Sorry can’t say much to phone call quality ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back