Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Oct 13, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #2,536 of 3,594
The Momentum has better mids... but the D7000 does everything else better, though the bass is a bit loose next to the tigher Momentum bass...so depending on what you think of the Denon bass, the Momentum might be an improvement there.

The D7000 is my fave headphone ever, but I REALLY love the Momentum sound as well, for different reasons. I'd say it'd make a good compliment, really.

Oct 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #2,537 of 3,594
  D7000 destroy the Momentums in everything apart from portability. 
Not sure why you'd want to switch unless you wanted to take music outdoors. 

That's actually what turned me on to these.  I need to find somewhere to give these a listen first...
The Momentum has better mids... but the D7000 does everything else better, though the bass is a bit loose next to the tigher Momentum bass...so depending on what you think of the Denon bass, the Momentum might be an improvement there.

The D7000 is my fave headphone ever, but I REALLY love the Momentum sound as well, for different reasons. I'd say it'd make a good compliment, really.

Yeah, I do love them.  I might just have to bite the bullet and have both.

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #2,538 of 3,594

That's actually what turned me on to these.  I need to find somewhere to give these a listen first...
Yeah, I do love them.  I might just have to bite the bullet and have both.

http://www.magnoliaav.com/

Just click on locations.  Should be an MHT somewhere near you that will have them on display.

**Disclaimer.  Yes, I work for them.**

Oct 15, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #2,539 of 3,594
This question is more geared to users that have had substantial amount of time with their Momentums (more that just a couple of months).  I am thinking about purchasing the Momentums again to compare with my M-100's.  I briefly owned the Momentums for about a month earlier this year, but sold them to help fund another endeavor.  My question is about the longevity of the friction slider (for adjustments), does the slider eventually wear to the point that it doesn't stay in place.  If I purchase these I plan on keeping in the case when not in use and for transporting to and from home and office (I'm very particular with my equipment and take great care in my investment).   I understand that the earcups have to be slid to smallest position to fit back in case, so will it eventually wear with daily adjustments when taking in and out of case?

I appreciate any input on the topic.

Oct 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #2,540 of 3,594
  This question is more geared to users that have had substantial amount of time with their Momentums (more that just a couple of months).  I am thinking about purchasing the Momentums again to compare with my M-100's.  I briefly owned the Momentums for about a month earlier this year, but sold them to help fund another endeavor.  My question is about the longevity of the friction slider (for adjustments), does the slider eventually wear to the point that it doesn't stay in place.  If I purchase these I plan on keeping in the case when not in use and for transporting to and from home and office (I'm very particular with my equipment and take great care in my investment).   I understand that the earcups have to be slid to smallest position to fit back in case, so will it eventually wear with daily adjustments when taking in and out of case?

I appreciate any input on the topic.

I've had mine for nearly 11 months and the adjustment sliders still have a lot of friction.
I doubt they've lost much friction if any.
I'm very happy with the build quality.

Oct 15, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #2,543 of 3,594
Hate to be a stick in the mud but I've seen some momentum a at bestbuy and future shop and they lost a lot of friction. It slides far too easily now. I don't personally own the momentums but just an observation

Oct 15, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #2,544 of 3,594
Hate to be a stick in the mud but I've seen some momentum a at bestbuy and future shop and they lost a lot of friction. It slides far too easily now. I don't personally own the momentums but just an observation

I'm sure they're handled to death...most headphones don't last long there. I've owned 2 pairs of Momentums and never had this issue. My second pair is now over 7 months old and they are still tight.

Oct 15, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #2,545 of 3,594

At my local Best Buy they've had the same display model for months (they have a scratch on one of the cups) and the slider still works perfectly. 

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #2,546 of 3,594

At my local Best Buy they've had the same display model for months (they have a scratch on one of the cups) and the slider still works perfectly. 

oh i certainly hope so, i wish they could fold up into its case that would solve a world of issues

that was one concern i had when contemplating on whether or not to purchase the momentums

that and the fit (its cosy on my ears) and by cosy i mean my fit perfectly (not in the best way) there was no wiggle room) the outerside of the ear touched the fabric inside---> making me question their long term comfort

on a positive note they isolated well not at iem level (like my re400s) but better than any other over ears i heard (i haven't heard much) soo take that with a grain of salt

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #2,547 of 3,594
I have averagely large ears, But Momentum has the best comfort and sound to be used during a long walk, train and bus ride, its very secure and comfortable.Whereas the M-100 fit strangely on my head and very uncomfortable for longer period of time tough the Sound is slightly better in Bass department. Overall, I prefer the Momentum for general walk and travel purposes, It is one of the best together with KEF m500

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #2,549 of 3,594
The question is, with the eventual decrease in friction, will they slide around while on your head?  The way they sit on the head, I don't see this happening.  If they don't slide around while you're wearing them, then it really shouldn't matter.  

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #2,550 of 3,594
Also we don't know yet if there will be an eventual decrease in friction because nobody has made a reputable claim yet, and the headphone is still too young to know if this will be a symptom of it's old age.

For all we know, the in-store 'slidey' Momentum was a victim of abuse.

If this has happened to someone even before their Momentum being a year old (under normal use) I would like to know about it though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back