Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Jun 3, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #2,042 of 3,594
Quote:
**** these sound really nice. but i cant decide which color i should get... only saw the black one, and liked it.. but the brown looks also very cool..

Brown is more grown up - goes with business suits, brown leather shoes/bags and gold watches.
Black is a little less grown up - goes with young bankers in sports cars.

That's my impression anyway. 
tongue.gif

Jun 3, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #2,043 of 3,594
Quote:
Brown is more grown up - goes with business suits, brown leather shoes/bags and gold watches.

tongue.gif

+1 
cool.gif

Jun 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #2,044 of 3,594
Quote:

tongue.gif

Agree. Brown is just awesome. I mean how many black or silver cans does everyone already have?

Jun 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #2,045 of 3,594
Quote:

tongue.gif

i like classy styles, but i dont have brown shows/bags or gold watches. :D 

and im young (22) so i think im gonna pick up the blacks at a market in my town. 

sound: i asked about a comparsion vs the ie80, and i heard em both now. momentum wins, bass is more on ie80 but the bass on the momentum will satisfy many people i think. midrange is reaaaaaaaaaally more detailed and sounds alot better on the momentum. 

Jun 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #2,046 of 3,594
Quote:
**** these sound really nice. but i cant decide which color i should get... only saw the black one, and liked it.. but the brown looks also very cool..

Okay... I've been in the audio business for 25 years now and there are some universal truths.  Black always sounds better than brown, but if it comes in silver it will always sound better than either one. So, as long as they don't put out a Momentum in silver I'd go with black...

Jun 3, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #2,048 of 3,594
Quote:
Okay... I've been in the audio business for 25 years now and there are some universal truths.  Black always sounds better than brown, but if it comes in silver it will always sound better than either one. So, as long as they don't put out a Momentum in silver I'd go with black...

that explains everything! 
basshead.gif

Jun 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #2,049 of 3,594
I was finally able to try the momentum out at a local best buy thanks to a suggestion by another member on the board. I found my smaller ears fit the momentum and i really liked the looks of the headphones. However, for some reason the headphones since especially tinny/sharp/dry. Not sure if thats the best way to describe it but it didnt sound warm like the AKG 550 and the B&W p5 i heard at the same time. Was there something wrong with the headphones/broken? Do they normally sound warmer? 

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #2,050 of 3,594
Quote:
I was finally able to try the momentum out at a local best buy thanks to a suggestion by another member on the board. I found my smaller ears fit the momentum and i really liked the looks of the headphones. However, for some reason the headphones since especially tinny/sharp/dry. Not sure if thats the best way to describe it but it didnt sound warm like the AKG 550 and the B&W p5 i heard at the same time. Was there something wrong with the headphones/broken? Do they normally sound warmer? 

They are a little warm sounding, so maybe there is an issue.  The one at my local Best Buy had a channel out, so I think they get abused a good bit in the stores.

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #2,051 of 3,594
Quote:

Sounds like a faulty set or a half broken cable.
Or if it was plugged into those machines that pump the same source of music into 50 headphones at once, that could also be it.

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #2,052 of 3,594
Quote:

The K550 is definitely not a warm headphone, but the Momentum most certainly is.

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #2,053 of 3,594
Quote:

The K550 is definitely not a warm headphone, but the Momentum most certainly is.

I would have placed it on the warm side of neutral. 

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #2,054 of 3,594
Quote:
I would have placed it on the warm side of neutral. 

Really? That's interesting. I definitely feel like it's on the slight bright side of neutral. Whatcha gonna do? 
confused_face(1).gif

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #2,055 of 3,594
I discovered the K550 and Mometum at the same time through a friend's recommendation and Best Buy (Magnolia) had them both on display, I was able to hook my iPhone up and play each, the Momentum was damaged as I mentioned before and the K550 had no bass, I noticed within 20 seconds that if I applied a small bit of pressure to the K550's ear cups with my fingers they had glorious bass.  What kind of major design flaw is that? I went to another Magnolia and tried them both again and the Momentums worked there and the K550 suffered from the same issue.  I wanted to like the K550, they appealed much more to me aesthetically and fit wise, but I was not impressed with this MAJOR design flaw....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back