Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Jan 29, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #1,322 of 3,594
I hadn't even considered that they might have been defective. After reading through this thread, I went to a local store and had a listen. They were like totally different cans. Extremely pleasing sound, and now I'm considering another pair. The consensus is that one of the cables is junk?

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #1,323 of 3,594
So I might have a defective model...... Great

No place near me has the momentums for me to compare. Btw I'm coming from beats studios and they had good bass. So idk it might be or it might be defective

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #1,324 of 3,594
Yeah, it's tough to say for sure without hearing what they should sound like.  For what it's worth - the difference I heard was pretty much across the whole frequency range.  Everything just sounded about 10 times as lively and realistic as the pair I returned.  Bass was actually very present, mids have good weight to them, and even the highs sounded better.  The pair I returned, man, everything was just dull and lifeless.  There was almost no bass extension, no weight to anything in the midrange, and lame highs.  Not bad enough to make me think something was defective at the time, but definitely not anywhere close to what you'd expect from a $350 pair of headphones.

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #1,327 of 3,594
Quote:
 Btw I'm coming from beats studios and they had good bass.

I think you mean: you came from beats studios, and they had LOUD bass - loud doesn't mean good. The bass on those is massively bloated below 500hz and cuts of dramatically below 30hz, while momentums are almost flat all the way down from 2000Hz to 0hz. 

That aside, Momentums have an almost perfect balance of sound with a solid but never overpowering bass. 
I'm thinking it's a defective model. 

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #1,329 of 3,594
Quote:
The Momentum has slightly too much bass relative to the rest of the music, but only slightly. I can't understand why anyone would say they lack bass...

I completely agree, though I find the "slightly too much" very enjoyable.

So in terms of cables - is there actually a difference with the sound you get between the two? I doubt there'd be much difference...

Jan 31, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #1,332 of 3,594
I was listening and suddenly the music stopped abruptly, and I inspected the cable and saw it had been bitten in several places with one being a mortal wound.  The lead suspect is a new kitten we just got.  So I keep the Senn cable on my lap now being down to just one and have it plugged into a much more robust extension :)

Jan 31, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #1,333 of 3,594
I don't think they have too much bass and I owned the Studios a while back and these have a bit less bass but it's way better quality.  If you think these are bass light then you definitely have a defective pair.  I find the bass to be very nice although I do eq more in, but with the sensa clip+ they sound nicely balanced and nothing I would imagine even bass heads would complain about, since I am one :)

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #1,335 of 3,594
Ok so i just measured my girlfriends ears, i bought her a pair of the momentums and she loves them. Lets clear up this ear business, i jsut measured her ears cause they fit beautifully in them and here are the measurements; 2 3/8  length wise and 1 3/8 in width wise. She has  cute little ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back