Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Jan 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #1,306 of 3,594
i tried the P5's before I bought the Momentum's and I really wanted to like them. They look great and I love the feel of them, I just found the sound lacking. Apart from their headphones, I love B& W stuff, cinema system is excellent as is my Zeppelin Air.

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #1,307 of 3,594
Got my Momentums last week and am very pleased with the sound. I am less impressed with the looks. I don't think they are ugly or anything....just thought they looked less pretty than the pics I saw everywhere. I have Grado 325is as my favorite headphone and wanted a smaller all a rounder. Could not be happier with the sound. Love the nice soundstage and the more than adequate bass as well as the nice highs and decent mids. Thought they blew away my Shure 440's I've had forever. IMHO . I always use my Ipod touch with my PD XM5 amp...I love the combo. I also have Westone 4r and Westone 3 which I love for different applications. Mine are the brown which is by far my favorite color in the Brown Black question. When I am on the go I do like a bit of a nice bass heavy presentation just fyi. I have no problem with the size of the case..only use the case to put in my bag on the go and find it fine..I don't try to clip it to my belt or anything. All this is just the opinion of a novice...but a happy one.

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #1,308 of 3,594
I don't know if it is just me or its because I plugged my Momentums into a school computer for 5 minutes to listen to a video yesterday morning, but I just started noticing a noticeable hissing sound from the Momentums, especially in quiet parts of albums such as The Wall and others. Can anybody relate?

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #1,312 of 3,594
Quote:
Just picked up a pair of Momentums, cant wait to compare them to my Amperiors, M100's, and DT1350'S.

looking forward to your impressions
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #1,313 of 3,594
Got my Momentums last night, they been run in for good 14 hours now, been listing to them constantly, and I think they offer much less  for a money then Harman kardon's BT. BT offers better quality built, folding design plus a Bluetooth option with apt-x coding which sounds impressive - almost as good as Kleer coding on Sennheiser RS180.If we are going to compare BT's offer warmer sound and less muffled low bass at the same time offering better kick bass. I would strongly recommend testing Harman Kardon BT's as in my opinion those are best headphones for listing on the go. Also with apt-x compatible transmitter they are impressive wireless headphones as well. My Momentums will be up for sale shortly.

Jan 26, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #1,314 of 3,594
Very smooth mids and highs although I hear a little more micro detail in the Beyer DT1350's. Pronounced bass, but not as tight as the M100's. They have a wider soundstage and less sibilant highs than the Amperiors, but the soundstage is not as spacious as the M100's. So far impressive, and as stated before, they have a dark and laid back sound more suitable for slow music. For fast paced electro or electronic music, I would go with the Amperiors or M100's, but they sound fine with Dubstep. I'm no expert, but I hope that helps.

Jan 27, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #1,315 of 3,594
Got my Momentums yesterday.  Out of the box, sounded good, got about 14 hours on them now and the difference is significant.  I wouldn't say they were bass heavy but I like bass anyway and have them equalized for more in fact, low shelf +4 db at 1000 hz.  So I do like a rich sound and with that setting they are sweet candy.  Overall a very nice quality sound for the price.  I haven't owned a pair of Senns for years but enjoyed some of their earlier models in the 80's and 90's, and even though these are a departure from the open backs that they have been known for, they are real quality.  

What really impressed me in reading all of these reviews was the guy who money is obviously no object not only buying them but actually using them and plugging them into the best headphone amps money can buy and being impressed.  I've never had the pleasure of hearing the $1500+ gear but if someone has that and is actually using these that says a lot to me :)

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #1,316 of 3,594
I'm already down to one cable, ugh, and replacement cables aren't for sale by anyone it seems.  I emailed the company to ask if they sell them, and waiting to hear back.  It seems ironic though that they are replaceable but you can't replace them :)  Anyone able to get replacements anywhere?

Also, anyone have a preference between cables, or do you find they have the same sound?  I'm using the iphone ones now by default, they do seem to deliver a higher volume though, sound quality I'm not sure about, seems similar but I think I liked the normal cable a little better, but it is now RIP.

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #1,317 of 3,594
Quote:
I'm already down to one cable, ugh, and replacement cables aren't for sale by anyone it seems.  I emailed the company to ask if they sell them, and waiting to hear back.  It seems ironic though that they are replaceable but you can't replace them :)  Anyone able to get replacements anywhere?

Also, anyone have a preference between cables, or do you find they have the same sound?  I'm using the iphone ones now by default, they do seem to deliver a higher volume though, sound quality I'm not sure about, seems similar but I think I liked the normal cable a little better, but it is now RIP.

What happened to your original cable?  

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #1,318 of 3,594
I've had these headphones for a month now but after like one week I feel like the bass is missing or it's too low and unheardable. Maybe it's just me. But one can't be to careful. If anyone else has experienced this Please let me know.
Thanks

Jan 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #1,320 of 3,594
Quote:
I've had these headphones for a month now but after like one week I feel like the bass is missing or it's too low and unheardable. Maybe it's just me. But one can't be to careful. If anyone else has experienced this Please let me know.
Thanks

You are not the only one.  I tried them out, and had high expectations but was completely underwhelmed with, among other things, anemic bass and improperly weighted acoustic instruments.  I am not a basshead, I absolutely love my HD201s which people often accuse of having too little bass.  Since returning the Momentum, I have wondered if my pair were defective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back