Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
May 7, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #1,891 of 3,594
Quote:
Momentum's frequency response measures almost identical to the HE-500 from 1000Khz downwards: putting aside the HE-500's brighter (neutral) nature, to my ears the closed back design of the Momentum naturally creates a much bigger punchier bass. 
If there were more bass it would certainly lean even further away from neutral, which I think would ruin most acoustic recordings. 

Welcome to the club - bassheads need not apply.

I would definitely throw the Momentum into the basshead-lite category. Lows are definitely emphasized a tad. Enough for me to not call it neutral, at least.

And all you've done is sell me even more on the HE-500. Thanks a bunch for that. 
beerchug.gif

May 7, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #1,892 of 3,594
The bass on momentum is plenty and gives a bit of a punch. But i would not call it a basshead. Basshead-lite maybe :D but i find listening to this momentum is very pleasing. Though the bass is plenty and punchy but everything else i am still able to catch up quite cleary and no fatinque moment at all. The bass has some quality of it. Not like an over-bass hitting you hard with no direction. The M100 vmoda is more likely into bass head category. But for this momentum is more being a hifi headphone with plenty of bass.

May 8, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #1,893 of 3,594
Quote:

I would definitely throw the Momentum into the basshead-lite category.

That should definitely be a technical term on headfi. 
biggrin.gif

Mostly because I think I fit into that category. 

May 8, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #1,894 of 3,594
i am defintevly a basshead, and still enjoy the momentums bass. as i like sub bass even more than mid bass, the great extension of the momentum fits my needs perfectly.

May 8, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #1,895 of 3,594
Quote:
i am defintevly a basshead, and still enjoy the momentums bass. as i like sub bass even more than mid bass, the great extension of the momentum fits my needs perfectly.

This +1

May 8, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #1,897 of 3,594
It's like a phrase people use when they're almost too ashamed of being called a basshead. I think I was leaning that way for a while, but I definitely consider myself a treblehead at this point. (treblehead-lite?)

cool.gif

May 9, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #1,900 of 3,594
Anyone have any experience using these with a FiiO E07k? Thinking about picking up one for the laptop and possible for use with my HTC One.

I have one. It's a great portable amp/DAC. Don't expect any improvements with the Momentum, though. It doesn't do much for the other than make them louder.

May 9, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #1,901 of 3,594
Hello fellow enthusiast!

Last week I received the momentums and got a little bit disappointed. I was expecting a lot from them, but they sounded dull. I noticed only sligt improvement from my creative IEM wich came free with my laptop. I have been burn in them for ~12h and starting to hear improvements. I really hope the bass will tighten up, because now it is all over the place
basshead.gif

How long momentums require burn in to sound its best? And what is the best amp/dac or maby dap for them?

May 9, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #1,902 of 3,594
Did you drive it with an amp or unamped? I found though the impedance of momentum is low at 18ohm...but they do not sound good enough out from ipod only. The sound is kinda a bit overlaping between the bass and the midrange and give you a muddy sounding (but not a horrible one). From my experience...the momentum is not that picky in term of matching with an amp. This is one of the pros that i like from momentum. I have tried it with some of my amps and the sound is almost okay with anything. The bass is tighter and mids more appealing. I can not suggest you any specific amp you may try...but from what i have..the fostex hpp1 or apex glacier are the most suitable to go with.

May 9, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #1,903 of 3,594
I am using international version samsung galaxy s3 which has 3.45 output impedance, maby this is the problem. Waiting for release of the fiio x3 hope it will improve the sound.
smily_headphones1.gif
  I tried s3 with pa2v2 but did not notice any improvements..

Very impressive amps, muzic4life, but I do not want to spend more $$$ than the price of the headphones
normal_smile%20.gif

May 9, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #1,904 of 3,594
Lazanas...i have samsung s3 my self. Same here international version. But still have never tried it with momentum as i seldom use my s3 as my media player. Btw..how do you connect your s3 to your pa2v2? Not via its docking port right? Meaning u connect using mini to mini cable? Double amping?

Later tonight i am gonna try using my s3 with momentum (+ some amps connected to it). I will let you know my impression via PM :wink:

May 9, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #1,905 of 3,594
Yup- mini to mini. I know, the double amping sucks
frown.gif
I am thinking to buy that cheap ele dac and try it with pa2v2 and s3 usb audio out. Maby this way I will get better results.
Cool, thank you very much!
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back