Sennheiser Momentum Replacement Cables
Nov 8, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #77 of 79
Same, I assume he's referring to the dozens of aftermarket cables that simply use Furutechs name to sell their product by using one or more of their connector parts. In the end that's probably the most important part of the cable though. It really depends on your use what you should be looking for IMO. I use cardas for alot of at home applications as they are heavier and bulkier then some but at home it doesn't matter. On the go it's a tougher decision with microphonics and aesthetics and weight/flexibility. Sometimes a cheap OFC cable with good connectors only needs some tech flex and heat shrink finishing to make it look better. Or SPC or Solid Silver depending on your preference. I've used cable everywhere from 5 to 250$ a foot and while there are definitely differences it's a diminishing return IMO and only worth it when your set up isn't going to be changing anytime soon. If your constantly changing gear youre gonna lose your shirt buying high end cables with proprietary connectors like the momentum when you sell or decide to upgrade them. I'm probably just going to stick with the OEM cables since the cans didn't cost a whole lot they may just end up beaters one day. 

Nov 9, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #78 of 79
Malakei, I agree with you completely. I just got given a pair of the Momentum 2 that were used once for a review. It came with the Android cable and I use iOS devices. I don't care for the Mic or volume features anyway so was looking to make my own cable. I ended up buying one of eBay for $17. OFC yadda yadda. If it sucks I'll just use the 2.5mm connector off it to make my own. I doubt Furutech or anyone reputable makes this locking connector.

Sep 2, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #79 of 79
IMG_8656.JPG
I had mine customed and currently ongoing burn-in.. very good build quality and right out of the box sounds better than the stock cable in terms of detail and soundstaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back