Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Contest
Oct 7, 2013 at 5:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 152
Hello Head-Fi'ers!

I'm sure you must have seen Sennheiser's MOMENTUM On-Ear on Head-Fi's homepage this past week. Now, here's a chance for TWO winners to walk away with a pair of the headphones each. 

To participate, simply:

Tell us how the Sennheiser MOMENTUM ON-Ear would fit into your style.

Convince us, tell a story and/or post a picture in this thread. Be creative, Head-Fi'ers!  We'll be selecting on uniqueness and originality!

There are some simple rules to this contest:
- No entry fee. No purchase neecessary to enter or win.
- Only US residents can participate and each member is only allowed one entry. Any repeat posts by members will not be counted towards eligibility.
- Contest begins on 7 October 2013 and ends at 4:59:59 PM, PT, 14 October 2013.

Viel Glück (or good luck)! 

Sennheisers’s  “MOMENTUM ON-Ear Contest”
OFFICIAL RULES
 ​
Sponsored by Sennheiser(“Sponsor”).​

NO ENTRY FEE.  NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.  The Promotion begins at 10/7/2013 and ends at 4:59:59 PM PT 10/14/2013 (the “Promotion Period”).

1. Eligibility: The Sennheisers’s “MOMENTUM ON-Ear Contest” Promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, aged eighteen (18) or older as of the date of entry, who have an active e-mail account and Internet access.  Employees of Sponsor, Sponsor’s parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to Sponsor through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Promotion Period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.  Participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Promotion Rules (“Official Rules”). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.  

2. How to Enter: To enter the Promotion (i) create a Head-Fi account; and (ii) answer the following question fully. If you are not already a registered user of Head-Fi, you must create an account and become one to enter the Promotion

To be an “Eligible Entry” the Member must:

(i) answer to all of the following questions:

Tell us how the Sennheiser MOMENTUM ON-Ear would fit into your style.
Be Creative Head-Fier’s! We will be selecting on uniqueness and originality!

Each member is only allowed one entry during the promotion period. Any repeat posts by members will not be counted towards eligibility.

No mechanically reproduced entries are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.

3. Prize Drawing:  All qualified Submissions will be judged by a panel designated by Sponsor who are members of Head-Fi’s senior editorial team with expertise on the subject matters discussed on the site. The Submissions will be judged according to the following equally weighted factors: (i) clarity; (ii) the degree to which the entry is complete and appropriate. The decisions of the judges will be final. A Submission must be an original work of entrant's own creation and must not have been entered in any other competition.  A Submission may not violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of other parties.

Entrant represents and warrants that any Submission is entrant’s own original work and does not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third party copyrights or trademarks.  Consequently, Sponsor, Head-Fi, and Huddler, Inc. shall have all rights to copy, edit, publicly display, publicly perform, broadcast, publish and use, in whole or in part, any Submission and any other intellectual property protected or protectable materials submitted by entrant, in any manner without further compensation during and after the Promotion Period.  Entrant hereby assigns, conveys and transfers and agrees to assign, convey and transfer all, right, title and interest in and to his or her Submission and any intellectual property rights therein to Sponsor, Head-Fi, and Huddler, Inc.  Entrant agrees to execute and deliver such documents and provide all assistance reasonably requested by Sponsor to give to Sponsor the full benefit of the rights granted to Sponsor by entrant.  Entrant hereby agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against the Sponsor, Head-Fi, and Huddler, Inc., or any other person, on the grounds that any use of the Submission as provided herein, infringes any of entrant’s rights as creator of the Submission, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights and moral rights.  Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and Sponsor, Head-Fi, and Huddler, Inc.

4. Prizes and Odds:  The prizes to be awarded from the Promotion are as set forth below:

Two winners will each receive one pair of Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear headphones each valued at $229.95 USD.

The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. No cash or substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsors will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. 

5. Notification of Winners: Judging will take place on or about 10/18/2013. Each potential prize winner will be notified by e-mail to the email address associated with his or her Head-Fi account profile from which the Submission was made on or about 10/23/2013. Within ten (10) days of the date of the notification email, each potential prize winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and general release of liability and consent (in writing, if requested). Without limiting any other terms of these Official Rules, if a potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, and/or where an affidavit of eligibility and general release of liability and consent is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the potential winner(s) will be disqualified and forfeit their right to a prize, and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible Submissions timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a Submission, the Submission will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Head-Fi’s account profile from which the Submission was made.  "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.

6. General Rules: By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Sponsor and any Internet access providers, each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their agents, officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) disclaim any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate Submission of Submission information, human error, technical malfunctions, lost / delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access any web site or download materials, damage to a user's computer system (hardware and software) due to participation in the Promotion, or late, lost or incomplete Submissions (including entry information). Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Promotion is compromised, without liability to entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.  Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its designees. 

Entrants further agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold the Released Parties, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Promotion or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Promotion; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.

In no event will Sponsor, HEAD-FI, OR hUDDLER, iNC be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Promotion, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Sponsor HAS been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.  Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.

7.  Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Promotion, entrant consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to entrant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, on Sponsor, Head-Fi, and Huddler, Inc. websites and social networking webpages without additional compensation. All entries, as applicable, become property of Sponsors and none will be acknowledged or returned.

8.   Personal Information: Sponsor may collect personal data about entrants online, in accordance with its privacy policy and as may be more specifically set forth in these Official Rules.  Please review the Official Rules and privacy policy at http://www.head-fi.org/a/terms-of-service. As a result of Sponsor’s relationship with Head Fi and Huddler, Inc. the policies and procedures described in the privacy policy govern and apply equally to Head-Fi and Huddler, Inc. with respect to Head-Fi and Huddler’s use and disclosure of personal information from users participating in Sennheisers’s “MOMENTUM ON-Ear Headphones Contest”, whether Head-Fi or Huddler collects such information itself or receive such information from Sponsor.   By participating in the Promotion, entrants hereby agree to Sponsor’s, Head-Fi, and Huddler.com’s collection and use of their personal information and acknowledge that they have read and accepted these Official Rules and privacy policy.

9.  Winner’s List:  For a list of prize winners send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Head Fi’s “Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphones Contest”, Huddler Inc., 525 Market Street, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105.

These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Promotion or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern district of California or the state courts located in San Francisco, California. 

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Oct 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 152
You lost me and 80% of the members here at "US Residents".

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #4 of 152
I guess it is like that with most of the competitions here on head-fi.. Ohh well gl & hf to you across the pond.

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #6 of 152
Music is one of the few things that keeps me going, it helps me forget about the various problems I encounter each day and makes them seem that much more insignificant. Music has always caught my attention from jazz, classical, rock, electronic, hip hop and everything in between but i never really paid much attention to the fine details within each song. That all changed when my mom gave me the Sennheiser HD598 for Christmas in 2011. I was immediately blown away by how much more engaging music can be with a pair of awesome headphones and I haven't had a problem with them ever since. I was recently looking for a portable pair of headphones I can use for walking or on the train to make my journey that much more enjoyable. I was looking for something stylish and great sounding. My search brought me to the Sennheiser momentum and it fits my requirements very well! Today I noticed the giveaway and thought to myself " maybe, just maybe..." I don't know if I do in fact deserve these headphones as there's always someone more deserving but if I do win a pair, I'll love Sennheiser and head-fi even more! Thanks!!!

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #7 of 152
Walking around My highschool, about 90% of headphone users own Beats by dre. and another 5 percent use skullcandy. Now what they have done is remarkable. Beats by dre almost has a monopoly in headphone sales for young teens. I would use a pair of sennheiser momentums to show that you can truly do better for less. By that I mean that i could Show that if you have a genuinely good headphone with accurate lows mids and highs, that it can sound even more engaging than the overbloated bass found in common cans. Using my hifimans I have switched alot of people at my school to superior quality headphones. I would use the elegant Momentums as a conversation piece walking around school hopefully promoting that superior headphones leads to superior listening experiences. Having hifimans now i have "shown the light" to a few members at school. 2 of my colleges bought hd 650 and q701 off of my request. I try to find superior headphones at any budget for anyone looking. Using these momentums as the conversation starter would be more than beneficial.

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #9 of 152
Hi Rosmadi

Can I ask why virtually all of the Sennheiser promotions / competitions you run on Head-Fi always seem to be US residents only?

It's your call - but as a Sennheiser supporter outside of USA - it peeves me a little that we don't count.  I currently own the HD600 and am saving for the HD800.  In the past I've owned some cheaper Senn products as well (eH250 + some CX IEMs).

With my current HD600 - even when one of the drivers finally failed (it's at least 7-8 years old - so I have no complaints) - I've ordered replacements off our local Sennheiser dealer.

We (world-wide) support you.  Why do you not reciprocate?

Just curious.

Paul

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #10 of 152
  Hi Rosmadi

Can I ask why virtually all of the Sennheiser promotions / competitions you run on Head-Fi always seem to be US residents only?

It's your call - but as a Sennheiser supporter outside of USA - it peeves me a little that we don't count.  I currently own the HD600 and am saving for the HD800.  In the past I've owned some cheaper Senn products as well (eH250 + some CX IEMs).

With my current HD600 - even when one of the drivers finally failed (it's at least 7-8 years old - so I have no complaints) - I've ordered replacements off our local Sennheiser dealer.

We (world-wide) support you.  Why do you not reciprocate?

Just curious.

Paul

Share the same opinion as you. And would be no problem in the winners to support the shipping fees...

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #11 of 152
Music Is My Drug

Some take pills, some smoke weed
But a momentum on ear is what I need
To soothe my mind, to calm my soul
To heal my spirit, to make me whole

Music is my medicine,
The momentum on ear is the ultimate syringe
To deliver me a hit of melody
In the power of high fidelity

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #12 of 152
A Sennheiser competition, and Germany is not included... 
blink.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #15 of 152
As an adult living in a world of "Beats.." it would be nice to have another pair of quality cans. To turn the heads of the kids and have them try out a good pair of headphones, not the typical bass-laden ones worn for show not sonic quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back