Sennheiser Momentum M2
Feb 23, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #76 of 100
Have to say that there is something about these headphones that bugs me - music sounds a little jumbled. I always thought that such timing issues were related to the amp (or dac), rather than the headphones, but I have tried them with an iPhone, an Android (Sony z1 compact) and with the same android phone together with the iBasso d-zero mk 2 and in all cases I felt the music wasn't perhaps as together as it should be. Anyone care to comment on this with their experiences (not necessarily relating specifically to this headphone). Is this something that might be solved with burning in? Is this a headphone problem at all? Appreciate any input.

Cheers.

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #77 of 100

Sennheiser does not want to pay the Made for iPhone fee on every headphone. That's why.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/02/07/apple-lowers-mfi-lightening-licensing-fees-paving-way-for-more-affordable-ios-accessories-

I don't know if that really would effect price much.  If $20 headphones can have the logo it can't be that much compaired to the price of a $350 headphone.  Unless its fee based on cost percentage

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #78 of 100
http://youtu.be/pxqh92wWtc8

Not sure if anyone saw this review yet. He's saying they are a justifiable upgrade over the original Momentum in the comments. May be snagging these soon since the X2's are out of stock on Amazon

He also said in the comments the noise cancellation can be turned off when wired.  But I heard the opposite from others. 

May 30, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #81 of 100
After audition, I found out the second generation is much more comfortable and better sound involving than the 1st Gen. Very happy for the changes.

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #82 of 100
I'm really enjoying the M2. And although I prefer a little more the sound of FSP certainly the M2 are more comfortable and the quality of materials is better, except for the cable (only one I think the original Momentum included two cables). However, I think the price is high.

Jun 6, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #83 of 100
Me, too.  I'm waiting for the price to drop a little more.

Feb 24, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #85 of 100
I've got the original Momentum and the new Wireless Momentum. They both sound pretty similar when plugged in. The bigger ear cups are a welcome addition, even though the original Momentum fits me, it's still pretty tight. The noise cancelling on the Wireless is as good as I've ever heard - I'm not flying on another aircraft without them.

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #87 of 100
HM5s are far too big for the Momentum.

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #89 of 100
I really liked the pleasant sound of these, but like many others the ear pads are still too small! Also I heard the Bowers P7's right after and liked the sparkle and detail of those a bit more than the lush smoothness of the M2. Probably would have kept these for comfort if the pads worked tho!

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #90 of 100
I really liked the pleasant sound of these, but like many others the ear pads are still too small! Also I heard the Bowers P7's right after and liked the sparkle and detail of those a bit more than the lush smoothness of the M2. Probably would have kept these for comfort if the pads worked tho!

I have been using mine with the brainwavz velour angled earpads I think they are great! They are a decent bit oversized but it really opens up the soundstage. They also don't isolate sound much, if at all when you have them on. Just something to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back