Sennheiser Momentum M2
Jan 23, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #46 of 100
I thought deeper earcups and earpads had an effect on the size of the soundstage but maybe I'm just dreaming. Still waiting on first sonic impressions though, will be curious to see if that is indeed the case.

It would probably but if the drivers and everything else are the same I would not expect a big soundstage from a 20% size increase.

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #51 of 100
A pair of the new version? If so has anyone posted any impressions or comparisons to the old ones yet?

Yes, the Momentum 2 Wireless. There are a few postings here that I can look for. 

Care to share any early impressions, or, better yet, comparisons with the prior model?

So far, I'm impressed with the headset. This is my first time owning a pair of wireless headphones and maybe its just me, or the quality of the headset, but i can hardly tell the difference in sound between wired or wireless. If sacrifice between wired and wireless have been turning people away from buying Wireless headsets, i can say Sennheiser did a great job capturing all the sound possible.

Where I'm most impressed is the Noise Cancellation. Bose is by far and away the best NC on the market and coming from a pair of QC25s this headset has equally as impressive of noise cancelation as the Bose. 

I'm no expert in sound. This is just another hobby for me but I'm completely pleased with my purchase. 

Jan 25, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #53 of 100
I really want to cut the wire, and I'll audition Momentum Wireless and B&O H8.

Some differences between those two.

M Wireless:

+ over-ear
+ collapsable 
- nc always on
+ hard shell case

BeoPlay H8:

- on-ear 
+ lay flat
+ nc on/off
+ touch controls
+ switchable battery 
- soft pouch

Design-wise both look amazing.

Sound, comfort, isolation, i don't know, can't wait to compare. :)

Jan 25, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #54 of 100
  Yes, the Momentum 2 Wireless. There are a few postings here that I can look for. 

So far, I'm impressed with the headset. This is my first time owning a pair of wireless headphones and maybe its just me, or the quality of the headset, but i can hardly tell the difference in sound between wired or wireless. If sacrifice between wired and wireless have been turning people away from buying Wireless headsets, i can say Sennheiser did a great job capturing all the sound possible.

Where I'm most impressed is the Noise Cancellation. Bose is by far and away the best NC on the market and coming from a pair of QC25s this headset has equally as impressive of noise cancelation as the Bose. 

I'm no expert in sound. This is just another hobby for me but I'm completely pleased with my purchase. 

Thanks so much!

Jan 25, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #55 of 100

That is a heavy hitter! If the sound cancellation of the M wireless is as good as the QC25... what of sound quality difference?

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #56 of 100
Hey guys,

Sennheiser is selling "Momentum G M2" and "Momentum I M2" here in Germany. The latter are "designed for iOS" (blabla?).
So is there any real difference between these two models? I guess there's a difference in regard to the remote control?

Thanks

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #57 of 100
Technically, they should sound exactly same and I also cannot hear any difference between the cable with and without remote.

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #58 of 100
Hey guys,

Sennheiser is selling "Momentum G M2" and "Momentum I M2" here in Germany. The latter are "designed for iOS" (blabla?).
So is there any real difference between these two models? I guess there's a difference in regard to the remote control?

Thanks

The only difference is the G model comes with an Android remote/mic cable and I with an Apple one.

Jan 29, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #59 of 100
The only difference is the "G" model comes with an Android remote/mic cable and the "I" model comes with an Apple one.

Why Sennheiser didn't just include both cables and make things so much simpler I will never understand (other than it costing them an extra $0.10 per headphone).
confused.gif

mad.gif

Jan 31, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #60 of 100

Why Sennheiser didn't just include both cables and make things so much simpler I will never understand (other than it costing them an extra $0.10 per headphone).
confused.gif

mad.gif

Sennheiser does not want to pay the Made for iPhone fee on every headphone. That's why.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/02/07/apple-lowers-mfi-lightening-licensing-fees-paving-way-for-more-affordable-ios-accessories-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back