Sennheiser Momentum M2
Jan 6, 2015 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 100

Blinxat

500+ Head-Fier
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/momentum-m2

Looks like it folds now, has larger pads, I hope they tweaked the sound too !

anyone seen these yet?

or a wireless one:

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/momentum-wireless

Jan 6, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #2 of 100

I hope they fixed the sound too :xf_eek:

maybe you should change your perception? Thick and dark sound sig is good for intended purpose - outdoor use. Also, if someone has bass bleed problems with big momentums i suggest using EQ, minus few dB at 50 and 200 Hz makes them almost reference cans.

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 100
I love my momentum over ear cans. The noise isolation is the best I've found. Fortunately my ears do fit in the smaller cups. And since I'm excited about the 2nd generation momentums, I emailed sennheiser directly about the M2.

Here is what they said:

The second generation MOMENTUM have been released and will be available for purchase in the coming weeks.

The first generation MOMENTUM ear pads measure approximately 3.5 inches top to bottom and 2.75 inches side to side. The padding is approximately 0.75 inches thick so the interior cavity is approximately 2.25 inches top to bottom and 1.75 inches side to side. The second generation MOMENTUM ear pads are larger and are approximately 0.25 inches taller and wider so the interior cavity is bigger and will completely enclose the ear.

Jan 10, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #6 of 100
Subbed.
popcorn.gif

Loved everything about the original Momentums other than their sound quality.  Too laid back and borderline muddy.

Hope these are an improvement in the SQ Dept.

Jan 10, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #7 of 100
I love my momentum over ear cans. The noise isolation is the best I've found. Fortunately my ears do fit in the smaller cups. And since I'm excited about the 2nd generation momentums, I emailed sennheiser directly about the M2.

Here is what they said:

The second generation MOMENTUM have been released and will be available for purchase in the coming weeks.

The first generation MOMENTUM ear pads measure approximately 3.5 inches top to bottom and 2.75 inches side to side. The padding is approximately 0.75 inches thick so the interior cavity is approximately 2.25 inches top to bottom and 1.75 inches side to side. The second generation MOMENTUM ear pads are larger and are approximately 0.25 inches taller and wider so the interior cavity is bigger and will completely enclose the ear.

Looks like they haven't changed the sound then? Other than indirect sound differences with larger earcups... The online driver specs looks same as the original Momentum as well.

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #8 of 100

Looks like they haven't changed the sound then? Other than indirect sound differences with larger earcups... The online driver specs looks same as the original Momentum as well.

Won't know for sure 'til I hear 'em for myself.

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #9 of 100
  Anyone know of a confirmed price? I am quite interested by these.

Sennheiser Momentum (M2) - $349.95

Sennheiser Momentum Wireless - $ 499.95

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #10 of 100

Won't know for sure 'til I hear 'em for myself.

Guess until then we won't know. But I have my doubts... mostly in the highs, not sure how much more that driver has to give with reworked damping for example.

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #11 of 100

Momentum on left - Momentum M2 on right

The M2 appears to be a complete redesign (bigger ear cups, thicker ear pads, etc), not just a cosmetic refresh, so Sennheiser could easily have re-voiced them as well.

We shall see..... 
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back