Sennheiser Momentum M2
Jan 31, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #61 of 100

Sennheiser does not want to pay the Made for iPhone fee on every headphone. That's why.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/02/07/apple-lowers-mfi-lightening-licensing-fees-paving-way-for-more-affordable-ios-accessories-

Jan 31, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #63 of 100

Sennheiser does not want to pay the Made for iPhone fee on every headphone. That's why.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/02/07/apple-lowers-mfi-lightening-licensing-fees-paving-way-for-more-affordable-ios-accessories-

But they can put an additional android cable to iPhone version, can't they? 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #65 of 100
I have read and seen that the Wireless one, has the option of plugging a wire to it. it remains to be know if that bypasses the noise cancelling along with the bluetooth system. and If so this means the wireless version can become on par of the wired M2 when the cable is plugged. Anyone has more info?

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #67 of 100
http://youtu.be/pxqh92wWtc8

Not sure if anyone saw this review yet. He's saying they are a justifiable upgrade over the original Momentum in the comments. May be snagging these soon since the X2's are out of stock on Amazon

I love my Sennheiser Momentum Wireless....they are great headphones but I take with a grain of salt with this kid says about them. He's a Sennheiser fanboy to the max and i think he tries to impress himself with his written scripts. I'd wait for someone with more creditability if you're on the fence. 

Feb 7, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #68 of 100
I will be taking delivery of a pair of these today (non wireless version). They are up against the Focal Classics........I have a horrible feeling that the Momentums will win on comfort, by quite a margin, but that the Focals will win on sound. Obviously, there'll be no burning in to speak of unfortunately, but with both new out of the box, I hope the comparison will still be valid.

Feb 7, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #69 of 100
  I will be taking delivery of a pair of these today (non wireless version). They are up against the Focal Classics........I have a horrible feeling that the Momentums will win on comfort, by quite a margin, but that the Focals will win on sound. Obviously, there'll be no burning in to speak of unfortunately, but with both new out of the box, I hope the comparison will still be valid.

Do you mind if I ask where you ordered from? I'm trying to find a pair of the non-wired black iOS version but most places seem to only be taking preorders.

Feb 7, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #70 of 100
Sure - Amazon Germany.

Got them a few hours ago. So far, I am somewhat torn.

They are infinitely more comfortable, lighter and easier to wear. At first I wasn't sure the sound was better than the somewhat burned in Focal Classics, but as I have continued testing, I am starting to feel like I prefer the Momentums. They are more detailed - some sounds are far clearer than the Classics, but whilst the bass seems initially not as rich, it certainly is there and start making me feel like the Classics are a little muffled, which I had not previously thought at all.

Tested both with some Fat Freddy's Drop (Cay's Crays), Smashing Pumpkins (Mayonnaise), Fleetwood Mac (The Chain) and Cassandra Wilson (Death Letter).

Next some classical music - Schuman and Chopin.

More later.

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #73 of 100
Anyone else in Canada? Trying to find a pair with the iphone m2's, but I'm having no luck. The Canadian site doesn't look like they distribute them yet, and while (i think) the US site ships to Canada, the iphone version is sold out.

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #74 of 100
I wonder if there will be green and blue versions as well, at least blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back