Sennheiser Momentum M2
Jan 13, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #17 of 100
  Subbed.
popcorn.gif

Loved everything about the original Momentums other than their sound quality.  Too laid back and borderline muddy.

Hope these are an improvement in the SQ Dept.

Me too. Also, hope they include some treble this time. 

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #22 of 100
$350 MSRP for the wired M2 is insane; you can get a pair of HD650s on Amazon right now for the same amount.
We're Not even talking about the wired having APTX Bluetooth.  They have bigger pads and a foldable band.

Jan 18, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #24 of 100
The Sennheiser folks are completely out of their ever-loving minds.  The wireless on-ears list for $399 and they are asking a whopping $499 for the wireless over-ears.  Balderdash, I say!

Jan 18, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #26 of 100
  Good luck with using 650 on a bus.

Of course, you'd need a portable amp in conjunction with your DAP to use the HD650, but this is not necessarily uncommon among those interested in this hobby...I do understand these cans are for the average consumer, though, for whom better sound may be but one of many factors.

If I'm not mistaken, the MSRP of the original Momentums was $269.95.  Are we really going to justify an $80 premium for a foldable headband and larger earcups?  When an updated model essentially replaces last year's equivalent, the newer model is usually the same price or less.

Jan 18, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #27 of 100

Of course, you'd need a portable amp in conjunction with your DAP to use the HD650, but this is not necessarily uncommon among those interested in this hobby...I do understand these cans are for the average consumer, though, for whom better sound may be but one of many factors.

If I'm not mistaken, the MSRP of the original Momentums was $269.95.  Are we really going to justify an $80 premium for a foldable headband and larger earcups?  When an updated model essentially replaces last year's equivalent, the newer model is usually the same price or less.

He means the 650 is an open design, there's no noise isolation which means they're not suited for mobile use. And iirc the Momentums were originally about the same list price when first introduced.

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #28 of 100

The msrp of the original momentums was also $350 (plus or minus a few cents).

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #30 of 100
The HD600 and 650 has been out for a while now, upon their release date their MSRP is much higher than current pricing (also have to account for currency inflation). But I absolutely agree sound to $ value of the HD600/650 is much better than even the original Momentum. I bought the original Momentum on sale for $300 little over a year ago. At the time I did not think it was a good value in terms of sound quality for how much I payed, frankly a bit hyped IMO. I wonder the new Momentum will be another step in sound quality. If so new closed back headphones are getting very close in sound quality of HD600/650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back