Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear Wireless Discussion and Reviews
Jun 25, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #16 of 49
Capture+_2017-06-25-01-03-19.png
Capture+_2017-06-25-01-03-19.png
I bought this a few days ago because of the glowing reviews here. I was rather skeptical since I got some rather opposite experience with some highly recommended and even hyped products here. Not this time. Though I don't agree with everything being said here, but overall we're on the same page.
Connection: Great distance and consistency, I've yet to experience a drop out.
The not so great, it won't connect to 2 different source at once, also the NFC didn't work either.
Battery Life: Awesome all day standby and heavy usage for music, and some phone calls with power to spare. Call quality was very good on both end, but call during driving or moving about still needs to be evaluated, since there is no noise suppression on the mic
Comfort: Well I pretty much hate IEMs for this reason, they never feel comfortable to me, I have a rather small ear canal, so that might be the culprit. So I tried the XS tip it was very comfortable first but after awhile I was catching myself that I was keeping jamming the buds into my ear way to often and seal seemed less than perfect. I experienced this with other IEMs before so I became worried that here we go again. Tried the medium or second smallest tip, and things actually sounded and felt better. I also realized they don't need to be inserted too deep for great seal and even better comfort. So far so good.
Sound Quality: Mostly connected to my LG V20 which has Aptx [and Aptx HD as well]. I've been using Aptx dongles with my full size headphones that has detachable wires, so the fact the BT can sound very good wasn't a surprise or a revelation for me, I was rather expecting it at this point. Ok so it's not as full sounding like my AT ATH M50s via the BT dongle, but pretty close. The bass is over accentuated at the typical 100-125hz but falls off gradually below 50hz but most music don't have much content below that I listen to except soundtracks with synthesized bass. Don't care for Hip Hop , Rap or EDM. I popped in Hans Zimmer's Interstellar which has lots of organ pedal sound reaching into single digit and yes they fell short quiet a bit here, but did very well with other stuff I threw at. I'm not afraid to use the EQ like some dial in the sound I like. I ended up boosting bass below 60hz, reducing it at 125hz, and created a "house curve" for the mids peaking just above 1khz.
I wouldn't call it U shaped but definitely tilting to the "warm" side.
Anyway I dig it quiet a bit, the only thing for now what I would have liked it had is magnetic coupling for times when the buds not in my ear so they wouldn't dangle.
That's pretty much it.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #17 of 49
I bought this a few days ago because of the glowing reviews here. I was rather skeptical since I got some rather opposite experience with some highly recommended and even hyped products here. Not this time. Though I don't agree with everything being said here, but overall we're on the same page.
Connection: Great distance and consistency, I've yet to experience a drop out.
The not so great, it won't connect to 2 different source at once, also the NFC didn't work either.
Battery Life: Awesome all day standby and heavy usage for music, and some phone calls with power to spare. Call quality was very good on both end, but call during driving or moving about still needs to be evaluated, since there is no noise suppression on the mic
Comfort: Well I pretty much hate IEMs for this reason, they never feel comfortable to me, I have a rather small ear canal, so that might be the culprit. So I tried the XS tip it was very comfortable first but after awhile I was catching myself that I was keeping jamming the buds into my ear way to often and seal seemed less than perfect. I experienced this with other IEMs before so I became worried that here we go again. Tried the medium or second smallest tip, and things actually sounded and felt better. I also realized they don't need to be inserted too deep for great seal and even better comfort. So far so good.
Sound Quality: Mostly connected to my LG V20 which has Aptx [and Aptx HD as well]. I've been using Aptx dongles with my full size headphones that has detachable wires, so the fact the BT can sound very good wasn't a surprise or a revelation for me, I was rather expecting it at this point. Ok so it's not as full sounding like my AT ATH M50s via the BT dongle, but pretty close. The bass is over accentuated at the typical 100-125hz but falls off gradually below 50hz but most music don't have much content below that I listen to except soundtracks with synthesized bass. Don't care for Hip Hop , Rap or EDM. I popped in Hans Zimmer's Interstellar which has lots of organ pedal sound reaching into single digit and yes they fell short quiet a bit here, but did very well with other stuff I threw at. I'm not afraid to use the EQ like some dial in the sound I like. I ended up booting bass below 60hz, reducing it at 125hz, and created a "house curve" for the mids peaking just above 1khz.
I wouldn't call it U shaped but definitely tilting to the "warm" side.
Anyway I dig it quiet a bit, the only thing for now what I would have liked it had is magnetic coupling for times when the buds not in my ear so they wouldn't dangle.
That's pretty much it.

I'm glad my review helped you out!

About being connected to two devices, I didn't test that, I just tested that it is easy to switch between devices.

I also noticed that the fit can be surprisingly good, and I agree, a lock somewhere might have been nice, but the carry case has that small velcro strip that could can use for this if you want.

I hope you will keep enjoying your M2 IEBT / HD1 IEMs!

Jun 25, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #18 of 49
So I was able to connect 2 devices, the trick it seems is that first you pair them separately then once the device remembers the headphone it can be connected even if it was currently connected to another device. Originally I was trying to pair for the first time to a second device once it was connected already to another.Hope that makes sense.

Jul 5, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #20 of 49
I just picked these up today after reading some great reviews but I'm not loving them at all.
The treble is so harsh it punctures my ears anytime there's a cymbal crash or the letter S is in a word :frowning2:
Has anyone else had this? Would foam tips help? Maybe it'll get better with break in?

They're being used with an s8 and google music

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #21 of 49
I just picked these up today after reading some great reviews but I'm not loving them at all.
The treble is so harsh it punctures my ears anytime there's a cymbal crash or the letter S is in a word :frowning2:
Has anyone else had this? Would foam tips help? Maybe it'll get better with break in?

I think I mentioned that M2 IEBT has a sparkly and energetic top end, if you're very sensitive, you can either use foams that reduce the treble, use an EQ, or do some burn in and see if you feel more comfortable. About 3-4 hours of listening to them should get you used to the sound. There are no dangerous peaks or anything, it is an energetic and vivid treble

From my review on Audiophile Heaven : https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2017/06/sennheiser-m2-iebt-sennheisers-decided.html

M2 IEBT impresses the listener with a clear and dazzling top end. The glimmer that the top end of M2 IEBT has is a nice surprise since many IEMs and devices in this price range tend to be rolled off or too polite, many times masking out details or textures.
With a sparkly and energetic top end, M2 IEBT carries excellent energy and expression with it, making all music sound enthusiastic through it. The treble is detailed and has a good amount of grain to it, leading to the possibility of hearing all details and tiny events that happen with the cymbals. M2 IEBT is an excellent choice for both Electronic and Rock music, the top end being enhanced well enough to satisfy the thirst of any music lover.

When it comes to music that relies heavily on the top end to sound good, like acoustic music, M2 IEBT provides an exquisite experience as it is able to render the fine textures and ribs on the metal strings of guitars and other stringed instruments. It is a pleasure for me to hear the specific metal pinches of guitar strings. As a guitar player, I am very sensitive to treble roll off that can dull guitar notes, but happily M2 IEBT doesn't suffer from such problems. Trumpets sound vivid and violins carry an excellent emotion to every string pinch and gentle touch.

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #22 of 49

I personally dont find it too harsh at all...but everyone has a different set of ears! I always use mine out of my iPhone. I find the highs to be portrayed fairly accurately. Aka there is the slightest bit of warmth that takes the tip of the edge off (for me). So I think it has nice extension without sounding fatiguing. Maybe try to see how it responds to EQ?

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #23 of 49
I personally dont find it too harsh at all...but everyone has a different set of ears! I always use mine out of my iPhone. I find the highs to be portrayed fairly accurately. Aka there is the slightest bit of warmth that takes the tip of the edge off (for me). So I think it has nice extension without sounding fatiguing. Maybe try to see how it responds to EQ?

Oh they are not harsh or sibilant, but when someone comes from something with a heavily rolled-off treble, they might have a wrong impression of how music should sound like. Say, especially if someone comes from NightHawk which is heavily rolled off, or something like that.

M2 IEBT sounds as music should sound like and the mids are very sweet, that much is guaranteed.

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #24 of 49
Could it be I don't have a very good seal with the tips?
Changing them to large reduces the harshness by a noticable amount (still there through) but hurts my ears.

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #25 of 49
That's fascinating about the tip size. I only dabbled with the tips twice. At first they sealed and didn't think much of it. Then after a couple hours of listening I would take
Them out and my ears would be a little bit sore. So I moved down a size and much to my surprise they didn't hurt my ears at all and stayed in perfect. I didn't think about the possible change in sound though.... @Dobrescu George you have any opinion on the way tips could affect sound? Only think I can comment about it is the better seal I get from them (pressed fully into my ear) the more bass presence.

Edit: I also agree with Dobrescu George in regards to "that is how music should sound like". Real cymbals have sharp crashes. Trumpets can be strident as well ect. Headphone companies as of late have been tuning a lot of warm sound signatures to meet the demand of people not wanting harshness at all (which is totally fine!). In return you loose an aspect of reality...

In regards to the HD1,You might just be sensitive to treble, which is totally possible. I hope whatever the outcome that you get to enjoy the music!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 6, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #26 of 49
I find mine is just spot on, although I would say I'm more sensitive to mid range spikes than treble ones. I actually find them rather laid back sounding overall.

Jul 6, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #27 of 49
That's fascinating about the tip size. I only dabbled with the tips twice. At first they sealed and didn't think much of it. Then after a couple hours of listening I would take
Them out and my ears would be a little bit sore. So I moved down a size and much to my surprise they didn't hurt my ears at all and stayed in perfect. I didn't think about the possible change in sound though.... @Dobrescu George you have any opinion on the way tips could affect sound? Only think I can comment about it is the better seal I get from them (pressed fully into my ear) the more bass presence.

Edit: I also agree with Dobrescu George in regards to "that is how music should sound like". Real cymbals have sharp crashes. Trumpets can be strident as well ect. Headphone companies as of late have been tuning a lot of warm sound signatures to meet the demand of people not wanting harshness at all (which is totally fine!). In return you loose an aspect of reality...

In regards to the HD1,You might just be sensitive to treble, which is totally possible. I hope whatever the outcome that you get to enjoy the music!

The tips affect sound heavily in general - larger tips reduce bass, reduce treble, and bring the whole sound farther away from the listener, giving them a larger soundstage. About the tips hurting, depends on everyone's ear shape and anatomy, I don't usually get that with single flange tips, but I do get a bit of pain with double flanged tips sometimes, but even then, it depends on the tips and fit.

Triple flanged and deep insertion are more painful to some, good to keep this in mind.

I find mine is just spot on, although I would say I'm more sensitive to mid range spikes than treble ones. I actually find them rather laid back sounding overall.

I didn't find M2 IEBT to be laid back in any way though... Really natural and honest to my ears.

Jul 6, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #28 of 49
I didn't find M2 IEBT to be laid back in any way though... Really natural and honest to my ears.
The mid range for me is just a bit recessed as you can see on my EQ curve I compensated for that, after that I have no complaints.

Jul 19, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #29 of 49
The mid range for me is just a bit recessed as you can see on my EQ curve I compensated for that, after that I have no complaints.
It's cool that it can respond well to EQ. Thats not the case with everything so it's good to know. I have yet to mess with any EQ with it!

Here's a picture that I posted for a review of them on Amazon-IMG_7158.JPG
I'm still surprised the collar doesn't bother me at all. I guess it's because it's light weight enough for me to forget.

Jul 25, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #30 of 49
After about a month thing remains the same, pretty much incorporated into my life as I use it every day, the battery life is awesome, with my use I don't have charge it for 3 days or so, but certainly lasts 2 days without any problems. Use it with all my computers and my daily driver phone, never any issue as far as BT connection or any drop outs. The only thing is NFC, it just doesn't work I tried with several products, it's not a deal breaker but it is a bit annoying since I switch between sources often and it could shorten that process with devices that offers it. Oh well....still very happy over all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back