Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
Oct 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #241 of 931
I dunno. For the price point, I prefer the PSB M4U1, Keff M500, or V-Moda Crossfire M100. Momentums are great for the portability and looks but, as far as I'm concerned, the sound leaves something to be desired. As always, it's what you want. Fashionistas will go for the PSB M4U1's, Metrosexuals for the Keffs, outdoor types for the Crossfades ( indestructible ), cool and portable for the Momentums. However, sound-wise, PSB's win.

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #242 of 931
Hi guys... I really like the moemntum but i sont know... fit is not helping (i am always with the impression that i get better fit on the left pad or vice versa... and also i think for edm the moemntums are a bit on the soft side. They are amazing for pop and some softer rock like kings of leon and some biffy clyro, but still they are a bit laidback.

I got the momentums for 160 euros.... i am thinking of giving the amperiors a chance since they cost now1 160 euros on amazon right now...

Smart or dumb move? Will i be downgrading?

I listen to pretty much everything depending on my mood... i can start a day listening to james blake, radiohead, bon iver or florence and the machine, than switch to some metronomy or something a bit more energetic like artic monkeys, bloc party or maximo park and i can finish my day listening to some deep house, house, an entire podcast from Above and beyond or going back to some tiesto or anjunabeats trance classics... so basically as you guys can see i am not picky in terms of music styles so i reaaaaaallyyyyy need a good all rounder to use at home or in the streets.

So what do you guys say?

Wich is better, wich is more refined and with better resolution, and most importantly what does everything better?

Cheers...

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #243 of 931
The amperiors have a much more aggressive sound than do the momentums. It won't be a downgrade just something different

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #244 of 931
So basically in terms of sound they complement each other?
I asked about the resolution because some people told me that the momentums had better resolution than the amperiors.... true?

So at 160 euros each? Wich one is the best bang for buck? Or should i just keep both? XD (it is amazing, a year ago this two headphones combined costed around 600 euros and now i am able to get both new for a total of 320....)

As i said i have and love the momentums, but they have a few flaws. They are a bit too laidback sometimes, wich on many music is good but for edm it is not. Also the fit as i already said and to also to be honest i dont get how many people love the soundstage on the moms because to my ears it is almost like there is no soundstage... pardon me if i am wrong but thats my impression and i have had them for a month now...

I am thinking of selling my ath m50's since that wiill provide me half the money to buy the amperiors....

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #245 of 931
Sorry, I can't say much about the amperiors since I don't own them. Only heard them once. In terms of soundstage I found the amperiors to be more narrow than the momentums. Sound wasn't as laid back as momentums but bass is very tight and highs more sparkly. In terms of what you want... you could buy the amperiors and then sell which ever one you don't like.

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #246 of 931
I might do that. If i return the amperiors i will loose 20 euros and also i think i can easily sell my momentums for 160 euros wich is what a pais for them new....

I have always been curious about the hd25s because many of my favourite edm producers use them and since now the amperiors are cheaper than the hd25s i might as well give the amperiors a try before they are completely removed from the market.

Some say the amperior is better, some say the hd25 but i have never tried any so i cant really coment... Unfortunately none of the 2 are available in my só of o want to try them i have to buy them.

Oct 20, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #247 of 931
The HD25's are indeed a favorite for many. In America, almost all ESPN sport analysts and other news stations use them. They are suppose to isolate noise extremely well which makes them very ideal for a DJ especially. The huge difference between the HD25 and the Amperiors are what the cups are made of. Plastic vs Aluminum which will change sound a lot. But HD25's out of the box could use a little help supposedly by changing out the steel cables with custom coppers or other types of cable (but more $$$ of course). Amperiors don't have the cable issue on the other hand. One thing to note is that the Amperiors have now been discontinued and Sennheiser has instead introduced a new headphone in the HD25 line called the HD25 Aluminum

Oct 21, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #250 of 931
I dunno. For the price point, I prefer the PSB M4U1, Keff M500, or V-Moda Crossfire M100. Momentums are great for the portability and looks but, as far as I'm concerned, the sound leaves something to be desired. As always, it's what you want. Fashionistas will go for the PSB M4U1's, Metrosexuals for the Keffs, outdoor types for the Crossfades ( indestructible ), cool and portable for the Momentums. However, sound-wise, PSB's win.

+1:)

Oct 21, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #255 of 931
In your opinion the m50's the hd25's and the amperiors are about the same in terms of sound quality? I nottest that you also have the momentums's... Since you tried all of them wich to you is the better in terms of being an all rounder but also in terms of sound defionition and resolution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back