Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
Nov 13, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #271 of 931
I've just received a pair of Momentum's that I bought second hand here in the UK......Approximately 3 months old and in excellent condition. I bought these following the recent sale of my Beyerdynamic T70p and I must say the Momentum's blow the T70p Waaaaaay out of the water!!! I wish that I had bought the momentum 12 months ago instead of the T70p's.

Waaay more controlled and solid bass, nice sparkly highs (but not bright or fatiguing) and oh soooo smoth mids :) For the money these have got to be one of the best in class headphones your money can buy.

They sound excellent directly out of my DX50 but soundstage and dynamics improve tremendously with the DX50 connected to the "Line In" of my O2 amplifier as a desktop solution. My iPhone and iPad also drive them with authority without problems.

I have the Over Ear ones...and I must say I would definately not class them as over ears (well unless you are a 10 year old with exceedingly small ears). That said they do fit although not completely over my ears and are very comfortable. 

As I type this I am listening to the "Pure Heroine" album by Lorde and I'm really impressed......Vocals are clear and smooth and the bass is impactfull and has authority. Of course these aren't as good as my £600 Dream Earz Customs...but hell I wouldnt expect them to be 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 14, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #272 of 931
In a way I did the same. My Beyerdynamic DT1350 are on sale at the moment... 2 days remaining :)

The Momentums in stealth black are on my way. Hopefully at my doorstep in two days.

I am very much looking forward to them, especially from the DX50. Also how will they fare against the ESW11LTD

Nov 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #273 of 931
now try to press earcups of Momentums closer to your ears. hear that massive increase in mids? SQ becomes unbearable. Interesting effect. Otherwise quite happy after 2 months of usage. Switching between Momentums and Audio technica ATH-ESW9. ATH has more mids in sound signature.

Nov 14, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #274 of 931
now try to press earcups of Momentums closer to your ears. hear that massive increase in mids? SQ becomes unbearable. Interesting effect. Otherwise quite happy after 2 months of usage. Switching between Momentums and Audio technica ATH-ESW9. ATH has more mids in sound signature.

The beautiful mids of the ESW9 maybe only beaten by the ESW11.

Nov 16, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #278 of 931
Say what???? There are fakes? Post pictures please!!!!

Yes, I have fake ones. Tomorrow I'll post pics on this and the "fake-sennheiser" thread. Right now I am too depressed. I cannot give them back.

Initially I could not believe the bad quality and thought that Sennheiser is not what it was when I bought my IE8. The interesting thing is that they actually sound decent. Believe it or not, to my ears they sound better than the Focal portables...

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #279 of 931
Are these good for home use? I'm using my headphones about 90% at home and 10% outside (maybe less). I have no DAC/amp and have no plans buying one, so are these headphones a good choice for me?

Does the Momentums feel uncomfortable after long-time sessions although the ears don't fit entirely inside?

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #280 of 931
  Are these good for home use? I'm using my headphones about 90% at home and 10% outside (maybe less). I have no DAC/amp and have no plans buying one, so are these headphones a good choice for me?

Does the Momentums feel uncomfortable after long-time sessions although the ears don't fit entirely inside?

Let me just say because of Momentums, I hardly listen to my AKG Q701s anymore! I know, Q701s are more detailed and closer to studio quality but they lack a certain quality that Momentums have: to sound great with any and every genre. You can't listen to trance on AKG Q 701s for instance, even if you do it's not engaging nor exciting. Momentums get you lost in the moment whatever you listen to. I'm even thinking of selling the AKG Q 701s.

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #281 of 931
Oh and yes, I use them at home primarily and can listen to them for 2-3 hours without any discomfort.

Nov 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #283 of 931
Awesome info here, as a result and as it is Black Friday time to pull the trigger at amazon (they cut the price down and then throw in a $50 giftcard which at the end of checkout puts it at $250). Deal is good through dec 2nd 2013 and I found the deal by searching fullsite and opened the *1 additional promotion* link in the details.

Going to be my Christmas present so I have to wait a whole month... Aaarrrrgghhhh

(Apologies in advance moderators as I read the rules but didn't see where I could share a steal of a deal like this)

Dec 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #285 of 931
Got my Sennheiser Momentum today, and they fitted my ears despite I consider myself to have a little big ears. The strange thing is that I think they sound worse/the same as ATH-M50. Did I just pay $200 more for headphones sounding almost exactly the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back