Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
Oct 22, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #257 of 931
Let's be honest... How many decibels can Momentum pump into your brain... M50 and derivatives can pump insane amounts! HD25 is also not bad:D

For some reason that concern doesn't sound very good for your ears... don't play so loud lol

Oct 24, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #259 of 931
This is a completely random question but, does anyone use leather conditioner on the earpads/headband? If so what do you guys use? Mine are still perfect, but I just want to take care of them in the long run. 

Oct 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #261 of 931
This is a completely random question but, does anyone use leather conditioner on the earpads/headband? If so what do you guys use? Mine are still perfect, but I just want to take care of them in the long run. 

Soap and warm water is the key, and important is to let it dry it-self in cool place. If you dry it in warm place you will destroy leather.

Oct 27, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #263 of 931
Thanks guys, I'll definitely take all your suggestions into consideration.

Nov 11, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #264 of 931
I will be taking my Momentum back for service. After about 10 month of owning them.

The right earcup has been fading away to this date, now it sounds at about 60-70% of the volume of that of the left ear, specially mid tone ranges, where the voices lie, it's totally unbalanced. Let's see what they have to tell me and if it's covered by warranty.

To tell the truth, they were somewhat unbalanced from the beginning, at about3- 5% volume difference, but it was not that annoying, but it grew worst from the last month or two.

Nov 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #265 of 931
Few days ago I became owner of Pan Am and Passport and Alpha Dogs. I've spent most time trying out new headphones, but I found some time to check Momentum with new dac/amp. And imagine my smile when I have actually noticed soundstage on these cans. When I used Momentum before I thought sound is coming only from left, right and front, and nothing in-between. But now on Pan Am I can not only hear sound coming from direction, but I can also locate it in 3D space. Wow! I didn't know how much depends on amp before this happened! Now I can honestly say Momentum are great sounding headphones, and they are definitely worth their price. However when I compared them directly to Alpha Dogs, while Momentum does really shine with Pan Am the Alpha Dogs with that amp present next level of sound quality, e.g. you can clearly hear fabric of which instrument is made. Nevertheless AD are 2x the price of Momentum.

Nov 11, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #266 of 931
I'm looking at the Sennheiser Momentums, I don't have much experience with audiophile headphones, I've only got a Fidelio X1. I was wondering how does the Sennheiser Momentum compare to other headphones in it's price range, I know it's widely regarded as one of the best closed headphones but is the SQ on the same level as open headphones or IEMs in its price range?

I only use headphones for home use so portability is not an issue. In this case, is the momentums the best SQ you can get at it's price range? I mostly use headphones for watching bluray (movies, tv shows, anime etc..) and some music (mostly alternative rock but also some pop, rap, classical, acoustic etc.)

Nov 11, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #267 of 931
  I'm looking at the Sennheiser Momentums, I don't have much experience with audiophile headphones, I've only got a Fidelio X1. I was wondering how does the Sennheiser Momentum compare to other headphones in it's price range, I know it's widely regarded as one of the best closed headphones but is the SQ on the same level as open headphones or IEMs in its price range?

I only use headphones for home use so portability is not an issue. In this case, is the momentums the best SQ you can get at it's price range? I mostly use headphones for watching bluray (movies, tv shows, anime etc..) and some music (mostly alternative rock but also some pop, rap, classical, acoustic etc.)

Do you need a closed back headphone? 

Nov 11, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #269 of 931
Personally, if you don't need closed portable, the Momentum is not the best option for bang for your buck. The Westone 3 is a great iem (on sale now for like $220 from Sonic Electronix) or, if you can afford an amp, you're getting really close to some excellent open ear headphones, like the HD600. I like the Momentum a ton for blocking out tv while my wife watched or for a few songs before bed; its nice and doesn't need to be amped. You're paying a lot for style with the Momentum. What will your source be? Shoot me a pm and I'd be happy with some recommendations. But the Momentum, imo, is going for a nitch market of those who want a really pleasant sound out of a portable device with lots of comfort and some portability. 

Nov 11, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #270 of 931
I'm hoping for some good deals on a pair of Momentums in the next few weeks myself.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back