Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
Jun 29, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #136 of 931
thanks for the information, something to think about. I need to plan this right so I get the best return possible...thanks

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #137 of 931
Soo. I picked up a pair from Best Buy a few days ago in order so that I could easily return them if they didn't fit.  I have been letting them play on an 800+ .flac playlist non stop since I first plugged them in on Thursday morning, but until now I had only been able to momentarily jump in to listen before having to leave for work each day.  First impressions kick.  Bass.  Natural mids.  Detail.  Im still evaluating imaging, but im happy so far.  I was pretty weary with so much mention of size being an issue and indeed my ears are huge; 3 1/8" (thanks pawpaw); 79 mm for you metric folks.  I'm very glad to find comfort is not an issue.  I have the headband adjusted almost all the way out, there is probably 3/8" left in adjustment.  I personally believe the issues people have been experiencing could be related to needing to find the appropriate band adjustment, though with that being said I would also note that not all ears are built the same.. some people have attached or webbed earlobes, of which I do not have..

Jun 30, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #138 of 931
I spoke to Sennheiser UK regarding them making replacement earpads that are slightly bigger, it's been fed back to Germany and I quoted many of the posts on Head-Fi. Personally I'd be happy to pay a few £'s to get them. What do you all think? I know it might alter the sound signature, but for those of us suffering with the size, it might make a big difference in comfort.

Jun 30, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #139 of 931
I spoke to Sennheiser UK regarding them making replacement earpads that are slightly bigger, it's been fed back to Germany and I quoted many of the posts on Head-Fi. Personally I'd be happy to pay a few £'s to get them. What do you all think? I know it might alter the sound signature, but for those of us suffering with the size, it might make a big difference in comfort.

I vote yes:) And also if they could give more to choose from, like velour pads for better comfort :p

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #141 of 931
Only reason I didn't keep my pair was pad irritation on my left ear. Loved them other than that. Color me interested at least.

Jun 30, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #143 of 931
Hadn't thought of that, good call. I'm not sure it would've helped in my case though-- my left ear is a bit cauliflowered from years of sports, which is why I think my right ear never ran into trouble. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #145 of 931

Cool. Sennheiser released Momentum On-Ear headphones in four colors (the fourth color is green).

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #147 of 931
The cream colored ones look fabulous though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back