Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
Jan 7, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #676 of 931

Totally unscientific method:

Ear cups look bigger, earpad opening seems to be larger.

Cheers,
K

Lol why didn't I think of that? Well done :)

And yes, the inner cavity looks much more comfortable and larger (certainly actually over-ear now for more people). It also looks slightly less plush and stiffer, perhaps with a wire frame inside to keep it's shape (like DIYers do). I doubt much else has changed (other than the hinge), which is actually a good thing, as the Momentum was already fantastic sounding, just with many comfort issues with people that had medium to large (and extra large) ears. I really wonder if it will work on the older Momentum, the new earpads (Sorry for the excessive parentheses). :3

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #677 of 931
Totally unscientific method:

Ear cups look bigger, earpad opening seems to be larger.

Cheers,
K

wow nice method. :) it looks like the new momentum have more inner room. i hope they will produce more isolation system with this new earpad.

Lol why didn't I think of that? Well done :)

And yes, the inner cavity looks much more comfortable and larger (certainly actually over-ear now for more people). It also looks slightly less plush and stiffer, perhaps with a wire frame inside to keep it's shape (like DIYers do). I doubt much else has changed (other than the hinge), which is actually a good thing, as the Momentum was already fantastic sounding, just with many comfort issues with people that had medium to large (and extra large) ears. I really wonder if it will work on the older Momentum, the new earpads (Sorry for the excessive parentheses). :3

i hope new earpad will works on my old momentum over ear too. but what happend if they increase the size of the driver cans?

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #678 of 931
wow nice method.
smily_headphones1.gif
it looks like the new momentum have more inner room. i hope they will produce more isolation system with this new earpad.
i hope new earpad will works on my old momentum over ear too. but what happend if they increase the size of the driver cans?

It looks to be slightly thicker, but the diameter looks to be exactly the same.

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #679 of 931
how is the earcup size on new over ear version? will it cover our ear with full size isolation?

Koolpep posted earlier than me but here are a couple of comparison shots between the two MOMENTUM generations and a standard pinna ear model.

The new MOMENTUM are definitely bigger, cover the ears fully and provide even more comfort to the listener. 
wink_face.gif

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jan 7, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #681 of 931

Koolpep posted earlier than me but here are a couple of comparison shots between the two MOMENTUM generations and a standard pinna ear model.

The new MOMENTUM are definitely bigger, cover the ears fully and provide even more comfort to the listener. 
wink_face.gif

Wow What that looks significantly bigger haha. So the rumours of it being fairly large was true. Well done Sennheiser. Time to sell my old Momentum.

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #684 of 931
I wonder if the drivers are bigger or if they just made the cups bigger? Either way is fine as my ears approve of this size. This forum is too much, I need to go to bed. Updates like crazy during CES.

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #686 of 931
Amazing - so much bigger!

Quote:

wink_face.gif

Jan 8, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #690 of 931
guys what to do what to do I just saw that the momentum has got bigger ear cups and the only reason I didn't buy the momentum was only for the ear cups are so small but I have also looked at the HD700 so now I don't know what to do should I wait for the new momentums or should I just buy HD700

Users who are viewing this thread

Back