Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless - The Official Thread
Dec 21, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #136 of 657
I hear a kind of white noise, barely perceptible if I'm not playing music and ONLY with ANC activated. I do not find it annoying because when the music is playing it is absolutely not noticeable and without music to realize that there is I have to turn off/turn on the ANC
Thank you that's really really helpful. A bit of noise in ANC I can live with.

Dec 25, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #137 of 657
If anyone is looking for a good case for the M3s - and I’m assuming all other Momentum’s, this one from amazon fits absolutely perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/Carrying-Skullcandy-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B07HF38ZGP

Nice! That case is in my cart as I type this! The Sennheiser case is stylish, but I don't feel comfortable tossing these in my backpack with that soft middle. I just got my pair like literally 4 days ago from Best Buy. I was trying to hold out for the white edition, but I can't seem to find anywhere that has them in stock! I read that Sennheiser was supposed to release the white version by the end of November. Since these are a Christmas gift to myself, I still have time to get my money back if I do come across them, but I am more than satisfied with the sound quality and look of these.

Dec 25, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #138 of 657
Just an FYI.. I went from "over 20 percent battery life", to, "100 percent battery life" in just over an hour of charging, using the included USB-C to USB-A adapter, and my LG v30 charger. A lot faster than the ~ 3 hours they say you need for a full charge.

Agreed. Mine were at 20 percent when I first got them, I then ran them down to 10 percent after about a hour and a half (maybe two hour) listening session, then hooked them up to the USB-C port in back of my iMac, and they were fully charged within an hour or so. Not quite sure how the battery life is yet, but I'm hoping for the best!

Dec 25, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #139 of 657
They look the same. I think it is the same system as on many headphones. A bit tricky to re-attach but I've done it before >>

Here a large photo
https://c-3sux78kvnkay76x24itkz8x2e...kyy.pvmx3fo76i.sgx78qx3dosgmk_$/$/$/$/$/$/$/$

If you pinch a bit at the side you can see if it is the same system with that lip.

The overall size might be a bit larger but I think they can be used with no problems on the M2. Some use big Braiwavz pads on the M50x, and the difference is much bigger
https://external-preview.redd.it/DN...bp&s=26242bd1dfc5c37a9f9546a56ae9b588c2ecbbd3

My Urbanite XL Wireless ear pads connect the same way. It can really be tricky to get them on. I remember it being an absolute pain in the rear end the first few times trying to get them on!

Dec 28, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #140 of 657
Anyone having issues with Smart Pause following the recent firmware updates? I had a minor problem with sensitivity before. I had to have the headband a bit tighter than I usually would to stop it pausing when I turned my head. However it seems they've massively reduced the sensitivity to the point now it doesn't always auto pause, just continues playing. I can't find a pattern and tried all kinds of restarts, resetting settings and re-pairing. I also find wearing them round my neck causes it to start playing and pause (somewhat embarrassingly while I'm in the queue for a flat white). I wish they'd just provide a sensitivity slider in settings.

Dec 29, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #141 of 657
Anyone having issues with Smart Pause following the recent firmware updates? I had a minor problem with sensitivity before. I had to have the headband a bit tighter than I usually would to stop it pausing when I turned my head. However it seems they've massively reduced the sensitivity to the point now it doesn't always auto pause, just continues playing. I can't find a pattern and tried all kinds of restarts, resetting settings and re-pairing. I also find wearing them round my neck causes it to start playing and pause (somewhat embarrassingly while I'm in the queue for a flat white). I wish they'd just provide a sensitivity slider in settings.
Never had any problems. Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the smart pause by following what the app suggests? (if I remember to wait at least 5 sec before wearing the headphones, after activating the smart pause , to allow calibration)

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #142 of 657
Dec 31, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #143 of 657
Hi all. I'm looking to pick up a pair of M3's and wondering if anyone with a pair could help me. I've currently got a pair of Dali IO6 but they have a noticeable hiss/static when music isn't playing that I find really distracting. Do the Senn's have a quiet noise floor? Thanks for any help!!
Don't notice any hiss at all.

Jan 1, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #144 of 657
Never had any problems. Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the smart pause by following what the app suggests? (if I remember to wait at least 5 sec before wearing the headphones, after activating the smart pause , to allow calibration)

Hey, I'd actually tried everything else including deleting all pairings, putting it back to factory settings and so on, but I had not tried disabling and then re-enabling the smart pause. I did that and so far it seems much more improved. I'm surprised the other more extreme options didn't recalibrate it but I'm happy that's sorted it!!!

Side note, I had also contacted Sennheiser. They came back with the same suggestion

Jan 1, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #145 of 657
Happy New Year, Everyone!

Just wanted to post a quick note for anyone who has not purchased a pair of Momentum 3 wireless as of yet: I just received a tweet from @SennheiserUSA, and they informed me that "they are working hard on the Sandy White version, and should be out the first quarter of 2020". I just wanted to post this here for anyone who was interested in that sandy white color. Cheers!

Jan 2, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #146 of 657
Does anyone notice a kind of squealing air flow sound coming out of the housing on the right side (where are the holes and controls are)? Obviously, it's air pressure flow out of the holes in the housing experienced when adjusting, but I'm just wondering if anyone else notices it or if I'm just THAT picky. :D

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #147 of 657
Happy New Year, Everyone!

Just wanted to post a quick note for anyone who has not purchased a pair of Momentum 3 wireless as of yet: I just received a tweet from @SennheiserUSA, and they informed me that "they are working hard on the Sandy White version, and should be out the first quarter of 2020". I just wanted to post this here for anyone who was interested in that sandy white color. Cheers!

Really nice, thank you for updating!

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #149 of 657
Has anyone on here had experience with the NAD Viso HP70? I’m looking for opinions on how they compare to the Momentum 3 as far as sound quality goes. I know that the NAD can’t keep up when it comes to features as the NAD is much older. Just looking for sound comparisons.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #150 of 657
It doesn't. When you stick it in, there is about a 1/4 inch gap between the zipper (top and bottom that clamshell together). I looked and looked and near as I can tell, the only thing that is flexing or squishing in any way is the elastic from the two pouches inside for cables/accessories. It really is a perfect fit. Width wise, no issues whatsoever. I put them in with both cables (usb-c and 3.5mm) and no issues.
I ordered this case for my M3s. Great to hear that it doesn't squish the headphones. Thanks for making me feel less nervous. Can't wait to receive it. The oryginal one supplied with the headphones is rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back