Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 vs. Shure SRH240A vs. Sony MDR-EX750

Sennheiser Momentum 2 for 125 USD worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 14, 2017 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Alborz

New Head-Fier
Hi

I'm very new to these forums, and I know these headphones you see on the title aren't in the same range. There is a reason for that. Due to working at an electronics store, I can get a brand new pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 for 125 USD. The problem is that I have quite a few earbuds and headphones. This is going to be the most expensive pair of headphones I've ever had.

I know my question will be very subjective, but I'm wondering if any of you more experienced folks here would be able to tell me if they think it'll be worth it for someone in my shoes.
Also, let me apologize in advance because my vocabulary isn't good and precise.
I have a Shure SRH240A which I love the most, but I just feel it's too "thin" if that can be said. Like I feel it is not warm enough.
I got a pair of Skullcandy Hesh 2.0 BT for free, that I find to be really bad. No details, just pure base. I also bought a pair of Jaybirds Bluebuds which I regret so much. I can't emphasize how much I don't like those Jaybirds.
I also really like my Sony MDR-EX750 earbuds but I find them slightly too warm.

So, do you guys think it'll be worth it to buy the Momentum 2.0 for 125 USD? Do you guys think it'll be a big difference in terms of sound quality in comparison to the likes of Shure SRH240A or the Sony MDR-EX750 earbuds?

I like a more balanced sound personally. Not too much base and not too little.
That is my maximum budget so if you guys think something else will be any better.
Sorry if it's a newbie question and thanks so much in advance.

Jul 14, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 6
Definitely buy it for 125 bucks! Even if you don't like it you can sell it for a good profit. I have one that I use with my FiiO X3 II and A5 and I absolutely love it. It's a bit V shaped but still balanced, and very fun. Also looks amazing and is built well. $125 is an absolute steal!!

Jul 15, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #5 of 6
Wait, where did you find a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over ears for only $125. They usually cost like $299. If this is the case then for sure go for the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0s. Just avoid the Sennheiser Momentum in ears. :)

Jul 15, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #6 of 6
Thank you, everyone, for all the answers. I work at a retail store and they are on clearance for us for 199 Canadian dollars. We get 20% off the clearance price as well, so that turns out 160 Canadian which is approximately 125 USD. But we can't sell them for a whole year if we purchase it with our employee discounts. If you guys also think it'll be the next level in sound quality compared to what I already have got, I'll go for it for sure. I listened to them and felt a huge difference, but I wasn't sure if I was just being biased and just because I was expecting them to be so good, found them so. Your opinions definitely helped me in making sure they are actually that good :) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back