Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Sep 13, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #3,151 of 3,671
After a recent trip to Hong Kong, my Momentum 2 Wireless had the peeling metallic paint others have wrote about.

Not sure what caused it.  Could be my classes, hair, the charging cables or cabin pressure.  Whatever it was, only one side was peeling.
Anyway, I sent this JPEG to Sennheiser on August 31, they immediately ask me to send the headphone in for service.
I received a brand new unit today.

Paul

Sep 13, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #3,152 of 3,671
  After a recent trip to Hong Kong, my Momentum 2 Wireless had the peeling metallic paint others have wrote about.

Not sure what caused it.  Could be my classes, hair, the charging cables or cabin pressure.  Whatever it was, only one side was peeling.
Anyway, I sent this JPEG to Sennheiser on August 31, they immediately ask me to send the headphone in for service.

Paul

Wow! That's crazy!

Sep 14, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #3,153 of 3,671
I've had the Senn Wireless for three weeks now and I love the balanced natural sound with a slight emphasis of warmth in the bass and decent ANC. Just a  solid set of cans. There is a slight improvement when wired.

I just had to compare the Bose 35 and the Sennheiser Momentum wireless. I'm returning the Bose today after just 24 hours. There's a significant air pressure on my ears that I just don't like where as the Senn's do not have that to the degree that the Bose have. In fact it's considerably less and non fatiguing. The Bose are superior to the Senn's ANC, but the audio is not balanced and sounds artificial. That's the only way I can describe it. 

Really, it's down to two main differences and what you consider most important to you in wireless ANC cans. Noise reduction or audio quality. In an ideal world we would have both but we're not there yet. The Senn's are certainly more rounded and natural in my opinion. Surprisingly, Bose have made considerable steps towards balancing the sound especially comparing to my old Bose 15's.

Sep 14, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #3,154 of 3,671
  I've had the Senn Wireless for three weeks now and I love the balanced natural sound with a slight emphasis of warmth in the bass and decent ANC. Just a  solid set of cans. There is a slight improvement when wired.

I just had to compare the Bose 35 and the Sennheiser Momentum wireless. I'm returning the Bose today after just 24 hours. There's a significant air pressure on my ears that I just don't like where as the Senn's do not have that to the degree that the Bose have. In fact it's considerably less and non fatiguing. The Bose are superior to the Senn's ANC, but the audio is not balanced and sounds artificial. That's the only way I can describe it. 

Really, it's down to two main differences and what you consider most important to you in wireless ANC cans. Noise reduction or audio quality. In an ideal world we would have both but we're not there yet. The Senn's are certainly more rounded and natural in my opinion. Surprisingly, Bose have made considerable steps towards balancing the sound but they are not quite there yet. 

I usually bring both the M2 and QC35 with me now on Asian flights.  What you pointed to happens a lot to me when using in ears like Shure 846.  The over ears ANC, not so much.  The M2 does sound better than the QC35, but on rough flights, the Bose works for me.

paul

Sep 15, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #3,155 of 3,671
Did they even ask for receipt?

Paul

Did they ask for receipt? I lost mine, I'm wondering how easy it is to get these serviced. :frowning2:

Sep 15, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #3,156 of 3,671
Did they ask for receipt? I lost mine, I'm wondering how easy it is to get these serviced. :frowning2:

Yes.  You need to take a photo of your receipt.  Mine was over a years old.  They looked at the photo I emailed in and sent me a prepaid return label.  I put my M2 into a large cushioned envelope and within 10 days, they sent me a brand new retail unit.  Very fast and professional service.

paul

Sep 18, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #3,157 of 3,671
Hello!
I got a sennheiser momentum 2.0 wireless at summer, and I really like the headphone and all, I just got 3 minor issues, which I'd like to know others opinions about.

1, Now I read that the momentum wireless is not that loud, but it was worse than I expected, my in-ear apple earpods are on the same volume level than them, and my sennheiser momentum in-ear is a bit louder... is that normal, or is that only because its knew? - I was moving around, uni starts soon etc, so didn't have much time to use them, they were used for like 1 hour so far.

2, There is something sticking out from inside the ear pads. The part from where the sound is coming, not the leather part, and it's a but uncomfortable. Why was it made like that?? 

3, Im trying to connect it to my laptop via bluetooth and it just doesnt connect.... I have bluetooth 4.0 installed. My laptop keeps looking and nothing..

2*Adding something to 2, after I tried the headphone on my laptop. The sound is much more loud than on my phone -iphone 6s-. Is there any way to icnrease the volume on the phone somehow? 

Sep 19, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #3,158 of 3,671

I have had mine serviced, and they didn't ask me for a receipt. I DID happen to register mine when I first bought them though (to check authenticity), but I would say they won't give you much hassle, since the receipt is actually irrelevant for now. Until this next Feb. ALL of the wireless Momentums are under warranty still (because they are less than 2 years old). 

Sep 20, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #3,159 of 3,671

I have had mine serviced, and they didn't ask me for a receipt. I DID happen to register mine when I first bought them though (to check authenticity), but I would say they won't give you much hassle, since the receipt is actually irrelevant for now. Until this next Feb. ALL of the wireless Momentums are under warranty still (because they are less than 2 years old). 

Thanks for this. What did you get them serviced for and how did you contact Sennheiser? Through the online portal?

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #3,160 of 3,671
)Why are there no mentions of the momentum compared to the pxc550?

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/wireless-headphone-headset-bluetooth-noise-cancelling-pxc-550-travel

Is it because the pxc550 are so new? Did they solve the ear cup issues? The loudness issue? Is the ANC better?

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #3,161 of 3,671
Thanks for this. What did you get them serviced for and how did you contact Sennheiser? Through the online portal?

They would turn on, but the bt part wasn't functioning. I called them on the phone. They sent me new ones (because of the silent recall issue at that time) before I sent the old ones back to them.

Sep 21, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #3,162 of 3,671
  )Why are there no mentions of the momentum compared to the pxc550?

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/wireless-headphone-headset-bluetooth-noise-cancelling-pxc-550-travel

Is it because the pxc550 are so new? Did they solve the ear cup issues? The loudness issue? Is the ANC better?

I'm gonna demo them this weekend, so I can try to give some impressions.

Although, I think these are a different market. The pxc550 seems to be a direct competitor to Bose, whereas the M2 is just for Momentum lovers who want wireless.

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #3,164 of 3,671
Does aptX/AAC matter in bluetooth headphones? 

So I drank the koolaid and bought an iPhone 7. My old pair was a set of V-MODA Crossfade M-80s. So I like the feel and portability of on ear headphones. Obviously, I can just use the adapter (lol). But I don't mind making the switch to Wireless if the battery life is good. I didn't know they were hitting 20+ hours now. That's really acceptable considering I have to charge my watch every night ¬_¬

So I picked up the Beats Solo3 Wireless and Sennheiser On Ear M2 Wireless to demo simultaneously.

After 2 days just playing some random music (I like Hip Hop, Pop, Classic + Indie Rock, and some genres of EDM). I found the Solo3 to have louder sound, and less boomy bass (def. less vibrations!). Comfort is very good on both headphones. I like the aesthetics of them as well, but don't like that the Solo3s look like...well Beats. (This is a fairly bad excuse). Active Noise Cancellation on the M2s is pretty cool, since I never owned a previous pair before.

So I look at the box and see the Sennheisers support aptX codec, which the iPhone does not support. Supposedly increasing quality that is transferred through Bluetooth. Then I find some posts on Head-Fi that say the M2s don't support AAC. It seems to me then going with an iDevice + M2s would be worse possible choice in terms of audio quality. I have a Spotify account and unlimited data, so I stream at 320kbps.

Sep 21, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #3,165 of 3,671
Does aptX/AAC matter in bluetooth headphones? 

So I drank the koolaid and bought an iPhone 7. My old pair was a set of V-MODA Crossfade M-80s. So I like the feel and portability of on ear headphones. Obviously, I can just use the adapter (lol). But I don't mind making the switch to Wireless if the battery life is good. I didn't know they were hitting 20+ hours now. That's really acceptable considering I have to charge my watch every night ¬_¬

So I picked up the Beats Solo3 Wireless and Sennheiser On Ear M2 Wireless to demo simultaneously.

After 2 days just playing some random music (I like Hip Hop, Pop, Classic + Indie Rock, and some genres of EDM). I found the Solo3 to have louder sound, and less boomy bass (def. less vibrations!). Comfort is very good on both headphones. I like the aesthetics of them as well, but don't like that the Solo3s look like...well Beats. (This is a fairly bad excuse). Active Noise Cancellation on the M2s is pretty cool, since I never owned a previous pair before.

So I look at the box and see the Sennheisers support aptX codec, which the iPhone does not support. Supposedly increasing quality that is transferred through Bluetooth. Then I find some posts on Head-Fi that say the M2s don't support AAC. It seems to me then going with an iDevice + M2s would be worse possible choice in terms of audio quality. I have a Spotify account and unlimited data, so I stream at 320kbps.

Not sure if you have access to a Mac, they do actually support apt-x in their laptops and desktops but not on their mobile devices, not sure why....

Maybe you try the Momentum with the cable and then see how you perceive the difference in sound quality....

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back