Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Aug 5, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #3,122 of 3,671
I've got a issue with my Wireless Momentums. While walking downhill or on the bus/car on a bumpy/bad road the noise cancelling gives off this rumble/low frequency noise. Anyone with the same problem? This is starting to be a real dealbreaker..

A youtube reviewer mentioned something about it, but said it was only a minor issue.

Im not sure about going back to the store as the guy would have to hop up and down to demonstrate the issue. And even if i got him to hop up and down he probably wouldn't believe that this happens when not jumping like a maniac.

This is what i mean:

https://www.newscientist.com/blogs/onepercent/2012/08/software-helps-cars-go-quietly.html

I wish they used this software in NC headphones..

Aug 7, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #3,123 of 3,671
Audio delay is quite weird. Paired to windows theres almost no lag at all. Paired to android its really bad, EXCEPT the youtube app. Youtube is perfect, for some reason..
I know its not the headphones fault though.

Aug 7, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #3,124 of 3,671
So I just got this headset, super happy with it when using it on my phone, but I can't seem to connect to it with my PC. I have BT 4.0 built in and the PC can detect the headset and pair it, but it never really connects. The headset never announces that it's connected and the icon for the headset in the bluetooth units list keeps turning off and on as if it can't establish a connection. After like 5 minutes the headset announces that "no device was found" or something like that. Like it's struggling or something.

There is no interference that I know of except my wifi.

Anyone have any idea what I should do? 

Aug 7, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #3,125 of 3,671
  So I just got this headset, super happy with it when using it on my phone, but I can't seem to connect to it with my PC. I have BT 4.0 built in and the PC can detect the headset and pair it, but it never really connects. The headset never announces that it's connected and the icon for the headset in the bluetooth units list keeps turning off and on as if it can't establish a connection. After like 5 minutes the headset announces that "no device was found" or something like that. Like it's struggling or something.

There is no interference that I know of except my wifi.

Anyone have any idea what I should do? 

Try turning off all other BT devices, delete the connection in windows, and retry it. It sounds like you might be using either windows 8 or 10??? If this is the case then I can see why you are having issues. The microsoft BT stack has been really wonky since windows 8. 

Aug 7, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #3,126 of 3,671

Try turning off all other BT devices, delete the connection in windows, and retry it. It sounds like you might be using either windows 8 or 10??? If this is the case then I can see why you are having issues. The microsoft BT stack has been really wonky since windows 8. 

I have no other BT devices and I have tried deleting the connection several times, both on the headset and on the PC. I'm using Windows 7, although, my copy is "illegitimate" because I never authenticated my copy. Maybe that has something to do with it?

My phone seem to have issues connecting to my PC via BT now too.

Aug 9, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #3,127 of 3,671
  I have no other BT devices and I have tried deleting the connection several times, both on the headset and on the PC. I'm using Windows 7, although, my copy is "illegitimate" because I never authenticated my copy. Maybe that has something to do with it?

My phone seem to have issues connecting to my PC via BT now too.

Well, it sounds like you need to concentrate on getting your windows hardware straightened out first before you can get the headphones connected. Having an illegitiment copy of Windows would have nothing to do with the BT connection. Are you up to date on Windows updates? Have you ever had problems with it in the past? 

Aug 14, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #3,128 of 3,671
About the rumble noise interference im having while using them on bus rides. Here's from a new amazon review:

"On some bus rides, if the road was extra bumpy, that very loud bass interference overloaded the noise-cancelling circuits and distortion occurred."

Seriously no one is having these issues? On mine it even affects the music, making some frequencies vibrate if the asphalt is not perfectly flat. Not much, but definitely a little.

Aug 15, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #3,129 of 3,671
About the rumble noise interference im having while using them on bus rides. Here's from a new amazon review:

"On some bus rides, if the road was extra bumpy, that very loud bass interference overloaded the noise-cancelling circuits and distortion occurred."

Seriously no one is having these issues? On mine it even affects the music, making some frequencies vibrate if the asphalt is not perfectly flat. Not much, but definitely a little.

Had those issues, alongside the stuttering issues with the original release of these headphones in April 2015. It's disappointing to hear that the noise cancelling issues remain in the latest revision of these headphones. I remember the warbling and shuddering/thumping you describe. It made the headphones unusable via Bluetooth on my daily commute into work via bus. Roads here in the UK are rarely smooth. It was a lot less of an issue on a train, though it was still present. However, since the ANC can't be disabled in wireless mode, these were wired headphones as far as I was concerned for daily usage. That fact, alongside the BT stuttering and the high cost, meant these headphones were a no-no for me.

The fact that the stuttering issue appears to have been (mostly) addressed does not make me alter my view of these headphones for my personal usage scenario. A pity, as they sound and look excellent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #3,130 of 3,671
Had those issues, alongside the stuttering issues with the original release of these headphones in April 2015. It's disappointing to hear that the noise cancelling issues remain in the latest revision of these headphones. I remember the warbling and shuddering/thumping you describe. It made the headphones unusable via Bluetooth on my daily commute into work via bus. Roads here in the UK are rarely smooth. It was a lot less of an issue on a train, though it was still present. However, since the ANC can't be disabled in wireless mode, these were wired headphones as far as I was concerned for daily usage. That fact, alongside the BT stuttering and the high cost, meant these headphones were a no-no for me.

The fact that the stuttering issue appears to have been (mostly) addressed does not make me alter my view of these headphones for my personal usage scenario. A pity, as they sound and look excellent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes too bad rev02 still has problems, really wanted to love them. This one is a dealbreaker for me as they're useless for what i use them for. ANC is supposed to remove noise, not add noise. I'll probably try the sony mdr-100abn. If they're no better in that regard i'll just get the shure se535 and call it a day. I've read they've got some serious noise isolation (comparable to anc).

Aug 20, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #3,131 of 3,671
Considering buying 2nd revision of Momentum 2.0 wireless but I have 3 questions..

1) I read some of the issues you guys have on this page. Does it only occur while moving or does it happen even while stationary?
2) How did Sennheiser deal with the issues with first revision? Did they refund people or maybe replace them with 2nd revision momentum 2 wireless? Or were you just screwed if you bought first revision version?
3) Has anyone tried connecting these to pc? What BT dongle did you use to do it? Sennheiser recommended their BTD 800 Bluetooth dongle.. Anyone try that? I need to be able to use these for things like Skype so it must be 2-way communication of receiving+transmitting.

Aug 20, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #3,132 of 3,671
Great news. I can confirm that I have my M2 AEBT's now paired and working with the Sennheiser BTD 800 USB ML dongle.  Both this dongle and the Sennheiser BTD 800 USB support APT-X.  I am writing this listening to music with the headset paired directly to a Macbook Pro and the quality is crystal clear.  Love these phones. :)

Hey, quick question for you. Can you both transmit and receive sound with it simultaneously with the BTD 800? I want to use it for skype, light gaming so must be able to listen+communicate.

Aug 20, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #3,133 of 3,671
Hi people,

I use my headset connected to my Samsung Note 5 and my PC (running Windows 7) with the Sennheiser BTD 800 USB ML.  The headset connects to both devices at the same time.  I can be playing games on my PC using the headset and then a call can come in on my mobile.  The headset gives a beeping notification while the phone is ringing and I can answer the call using the headset button. When I hang up the headset returns to the PC connection. The headset works brilliantly with my Macbook Pro (running OSX El Capitan) also, using the Macbook's own bluetooth.  The only time I have had a problem with the headset connection to my phone dropping whilst listening to music, is when I am about 10 meters from my phone when outside washing the car.  I simply put my phone in my pocket and have no problems what so ever.  This really is a great headset and combined with the BTD 800 USB ML it is awesome.  HTH.  

BladeFD, yes it is bi-directional.

Aug 20, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #3,134 of 3,671
Hi people,

I use my headset connected to my Samsung Note 5 and my PC (running Windows 7) with the Sennheiser BTD 800 USB ML.  The headset connects to both devices at the same time.  I can be playing games on my PC using the headset and then a call can come in on my mobile.  The headset gives a beeping notification while the phone is ringing and I can answer the call using the headset button. When I hang up the headset returns to the PC connection. The headset works brilliantly with my Macbook Pro (running OSX El Capitan) also, using the Macbook's own bluetooth.  The only time I have had a problem with the headset connection to my phone dropping whilst listening to music, is when I am about 10 meters from my phone when outside washing the car.  I simply put my phone in my pocket and have no problems what so ever.  This really is a great headset and combined with the BTD 800 USB ML it is awesome.  HTH.  

BladeFD, yes it is bi-directional.

Thanks!

By the way, have you tried any other BT headphones with that same adapter? I wonder if it works with other headsets. I am literally considering Momentum 2 wireless, Bose QC35 and Sony rbt-100abn. If adapter works with other headsets then I can try them out in store & choose one that sounds the best to me.

Aug 22, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #3,135 of 3,671
Hey, quick question for you. Can you both transmit and receive sound with it simultaneously with the BTD 800? I want to use it for skype, light gaming so must be able to listen+communicate.

Why would you pay so much for a simple BT dongle? There are plenty of them on Amazon or other e-tailers for like 10 bucks, that support BT 4.0 and apt-X. Wasting your money on the Sennheiser name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back