Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Feb 1, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #2,643 of 3,671
I agree the Momentum v2 is quieter than other models, for example my 1abt goes louder but it does not have noise cancelling

The comparison was between the REV01 and REV02 Momentum v2 models. I may very well be quieter than other different models, but people are suggesting the revisions of the same unit have different volumes.

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #2,644 of 3,671
The comparison was between the REV01 and REV02 Momentum v2 models. I may very well be quieter than other different models, but people are suggesting the revisions of the same unit have different volumes.

Yes and i was offering another sample :rolleyes:

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #2,645 of 3,671
This thread scares me. I just pulled the trigger on a set for $300. An eBay seller priced them at $300 used along with the on ear model for the same price (pretty sure it was a mistake and I bought them before he changed the price),it's lowest price I've ever seen for an eBay guaranteed product with 14 day returns, and he has 99% rating so I thought I'd swipe them.

I'm just worried it's a launch version with the bugs. Obviously it won't have any warranty since it's eBay :frowning2:

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #2,646 of 3,671
Yes and i was offering another sample
rolleyes.gif

Well, I thought the assertion was only about previous revisions, but anyway...

Quote:
I'm just worried it's a launch version with the bugs. Obviously it won't have any warranty since it's eBay :frowning2:

Sennheiser's been pretty good with customer support. Maybe they'll help you out regardless. Do you know if it's a REV01 or REV02?

Feb 3, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #2,648 of 3,671
  It could be either one considering the price I got. I don't think I can tell unless I see a date of manufacture. I'll find out tomorrow. I'm anxiously excited to try them.

Yeah, I think the only way for you to tell will be on the box (if it is still in the box). Before producing new packaging for the Rev2's, they just used the older box, and put a sticker over the existing one to denote the change. I never thought of this, but maybe you can tell by using the Sennheiser updater software. I will have to look into this for mine.

You could try and register them on Sennheiser site with the authenticity code to see if the original owner might not have done that, and that could help you with warranty. Being as how NONE of them are more than a year old, I would think Sennheiser would simply warrant any/all of them. If that is the case (and if they are Rev1's), you might be able to exchange them for Rev2's. Sennheiser is/has been really good about warranty issues where these cans are concerned. Can't hurt to try I suppose (if you feel like taking the time to do it). 

Edit: NM about the updater software. I just tried it with both pairs, and it says version 1.0 for both pairs. Must be the version of software onboard.

Feb 6, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #2,651 of 3,671
  From what I've gathered the date on the box will provide that information.

REV 02 is using a 2015 at the start of the long code on the box.
REV 01 was using 2014...

Not necessarily. If it comes in the new packaging, then your statement is true. But if it is in the "reused" packaging from Rev1, then you will see the old date, but you will also see that the serial number has had a sticker placed over the old one (to reflect the new device). So, really if you have this version of the packaging, there is no good way to tell, because the serial number doesn't tell whether it is Rev1 or Rev2.

I realize it was probably done to save some cost on Sennheiser's part, but I would say doing it that way will confuse not only the customer, but will (in some cases) even confuse Sennheiser, and their reps too (especially where warranty issues are concerned). 

Feb 6, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #2,652 of 3,671
I'm trying to use the microphone with these as a headset.

Unfortunately the mic appears to not be that smart.  All the environment noise is picked up too, keyboard clicks and everything.

Real shame.  Any one else suffer this?

Feb 11, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #2,653 of 3,671
Hi,

I've received mine REV02 yesterday and the audio quiality is amazing, I have the Sony MDR-1ABT too and I think that M2 sounds better than it. This afternoon I'll make some test.
By the way Today I've used my new M2 in the subway and I've have seen that in some head position I get no Noise Cancelation in the right cup.

I turn my head to the left and start to listen the ambient noise by the right cup. If I turn to the right not problem at all. Looks like the ambient noise mic doesn't heard propertly and turn off noise guard, only in the right cup. Then if turn my head to the front and noise guard working fine again.

Maybe be an issue of my unit or it's normal ?.

Ciao.

Diego.

Feb 11, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #2,654 of 3,671
There are four mics doing noise cancellation, so you're going to have some phase issues when moving your head. To your extent, however, I can't tell.

Feb 11, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #2,655 of 3,671
  There are four mics doing noise cancellation, so you're going to have some phase issues when moving your head. To your extent, however, I can't tell.

I've make more test and the problem is when I turn my head to the left the can doesn't fit well on my ear, If I push it with my hand while turning and no problem at all but
If I turn my head to the right I've not got this issue, is so extrain.

Later I'll try to make some adjust with the cans aperture.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back