Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Aug 26, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #2,162 of 3,671
I have used my Momentum wireless 2.0 for a few months now.. short feedback:

I love this headphone! Use it a lot, mostly while watching netflix on my tablet or listening to spotify while mowing the lawn... (I have a lot to mow..noice cancellation is fantastic! Try it in your car!)

Design and fysical quality are absolutely superb! I always used it wireless and that also works great.

HOWEVER:

My 16yo daughter yesterday got an M1.. Proud father - daughter spending her own money on quality :wink:. I didn't know the sound of the M1 yet, but she allowed me to give it a try.....

Whoops.... ok... the ears are even smaller than the M2... but,,,,,. the sound.... sounds better!!!

So this evening I decided to really sit down to compare bluetooth to wired. Playing Dire Straits, Duffy, Nils Lofgren.... And I was amazed!!

Although my Sony tablet pairs with aptx: I Think the difference in character compared to wired is huge... (Effect of disabling noice cancellation while wired is almost absent). 

I also compared playing flac via sennheiders btd-800; that seemed a bit better than via the Sony (or Samsung S4), but still: the wired is much more vibrant, dynamic, 'alive' and balanced.. 

Give it a try: play Duffy - Endlessly wired and wireless and decide which sound makes you feel the music.. 

Don't get me wrong: I am still happy with my Senn. But if don't need to be wireless you can save money, like my daughter did :wink:

But also:if you already have an M2: try it wired too.. 

Wireless has come a long way, but even bt-aptx imho leaves plenty room for improvement.

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #2,163 of 3,671
It's been a while since I used the wireless Momentums and someone just asked my how the passive isolation are on these. One Youtube-review claimed that's it's almost non-existing, as in 5% reduction of the outside noise when they are in full passive mode, while I remember them as being better than that but the video made me unsure about my memory.

How do you who use them daily find that they block out voices and other higher frequencies?

Aug 28, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #2,164 of 3,671
So I managed to snag a set of around-ear M2 wireless headphones off eBay. As I said in my last post, I was using the on-ear M2s before. (Gave those to my girlfriend.)

I'm very happy with them overall. I was definitely experiencing audio issues over Bluetooth when walking around outside with the on-ear M2s. Those issues are still there with the around-ear M2s, but they seem far less pronounced. I don't get pops and drops with the same frequency, and the usable range of the Bluetooth connection seems greater to me with the over-ear M2s. I am using these with all Apple devices (MacBook Pro, iPhone, iPad). Noise cancellation works much better with the over-ear M2s, probably due to better ear coverage. They're also way more comfortable for extended wear (obviously).

Given that these are such a pain in the ass to find, if you can snatch up a pair, I'd highly recommend doing so. The Bluetooth audio issues can be annoying, but frankly, they're not nearly bad enough to detract from the amazing sound, comfort, and battery life. No other wireless headset I looked at comes even close to this battery life. I'm flying on Sunday, and I can't wait to see how these things perform on a plane. Having the wired option is killer since I can plug into the inflight entertainment system.

On the other hand, I don't think I would recommend the on-ear M2s. They do sound great and get great battery life, but the Bluetooth audio issues seem noticeably worse with those (or at least the set I had). And they get very uncomfortable after an hour or so of wear. Were both readily available, I'd say it's a no-brainer to spend the extra $100. But given how difficult to find the around-ear M2s were, you might be looking at more of a premium if you find a new set somewhere.

When Sennheiser puts them back out again, I may try and exchange mine under warranty for a new pair if they've really nailed the Bluetooth audio issues. But they're definitely not bothering me that much.

Aug 28, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #2,165 of 3,671
  When Sennheiser puts them back out again, I may try and exchange mine under warranty for a new pair if they've really nailed the Bluetooth audio issues. But they're definitely not bothering me that much.

It's interesting that you found the on ear model to have worse bt issues. That one wasn't pulled from the market so it seemed that it didn't have any issues. Maybe it just wasn't popular enough to have enough complaints for Sennheiser to notice. In that case maybe you should mention it to your local rep?

Sep 1, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #2,166 of 3,671
Just to confirm for those who care: The mic/remote cable for the Momentum 2 gives u louder audio quality from your phone rather than your laptop's headphone jack. Definitely has something to do with the mic remote (had a similar experience with the Oppo PM-3). I placed an order for the non mic/remote cable so I can listen to music from my laptop.

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #2,167 of 3,671
Just received confirmation from Sennheiser. There *will* be a V2 coming out mid-october. Procedure will be to send in the flawed V1 (or loaner), and upon reception the V2 model will be sent out as replacement.

Sep 2, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #2,169 of 3,671
Since thee was no updates on the new replacement version, I went ahead an ordered the new V Moda M100 Wireless. It should be out this month. So I will play with that one and if I don't like it, I will order the V2 Momentum

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #2,170 of 3,671
Since thee was no updates on the new replacement version, I went ahead an ordered the new V Moda M100 Wireless. It should be out this month. So I will play with that one and if I don't like it, I will order the V2 Momentum

If there is a V2 and it deals with the BT issues (likely) and either allows the user of BT with ANC or improves the performance of ANC as to clicks and pops (both unlikely), then I might look at these again. Will be interesting.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Sep 2, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #2,171 of 3,671
I just received a pair of wired Momentum 2's. I have to admit that I fell in love with them within minutes of listening to them. I'm a big fan of Sennheiser sound and HD650 is my all time most favorite headphone. I absolutely disliked the original Momentums. I could't get over the treble quality. Treble has been fixed in Momentum 2's which gives it a much smoother presentation. It's a keeper for portable use.

Sep 2, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #2,172 of 3,671
I just received a pair of wired Momentum 2's. I have to admit that I fell in love with them within minutes of listening to them. I'm a big fan of Sennheiser sound and HD650 is my all time most favorite headphone. I absolutely disliked the original Momentums. I could't get over the treble quality. Treble has been fixed in Momentum 2's which gives it a much smoother presentation. It's a keeper for portable use.

What eas wrong with the treble on the first one? What more did u not like on the m1 and in your opinion wich are the differences between both?

Going back to the treble.... its rather confusing to understand what has bee changed on the m2 treble over the m1.... i already saw a coiple of review like cnet for instance saying that the treble on the m2 has been reduced but i also have see some reviewrs and headfiers saying that the m2 has more treble and more sparkle over the m1.... whats true? ☺

Sep 3, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #2,174 of 3,671
I have the original m1 i compared with the m2 to my ears the treble on the m2 is laid back with more slam on the bass ...the treble on the m1 is more articulate and sound more detailed ...thats just what my ears tell me

Sep 3, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #2,175 of 3,671
I liked the highs and mids of the m1.... They were smooth, detailed but at the same agreessive when it was needed.... I recall hearing biffy clyro on them and being amazed with the texture and resolution of the eletric guitars.... It was like the momentum had received a bit of the hd25 sound for a bit more agressive styles.....

.....soooo i dont know if i like the idea of smoother and cut down treble.... Sennheiser did that on the amperior and for me it was a complete step back.... They removed all the liveliness of the hd25 and for me the amperior sounded like a bassier, more laidback and less detailed than the hd25 and although cleaner it also seemed like they had less resolution.... IMO of course...

Difference on the bass slam is much? How big is the bass now compared to the m1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back