Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Aug 14, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #2,131 of 3,671
My phone doesn't have aptX, so the straight Bluetooth connectivity was the issue for me. It wasn't like this at first, and didn't seem to coincide with any update.

Maybe we are over thinking it - perhaps it's not about Bluetooth per se, but the software not supplying enough power for the ANC and the Bluetooth? We would know for sure if we could defeat the ANC while in BT mode, but alas we can't.

Aug 14, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #2,133 of 3,671
It's got to be the battery saving features. I have another pair of wireless BT headphones. Less battery life, connection is stable however.

Same here. I have compared using my Bose AE2W (which DO have AptX also).  ​But, remember, I am also one of the few who are NOT having these issues (not to say I never have at all, but overall it has really only happened 2 - 3 times since I got them in Feb this year). So, while I have done all the tests/comparisons I can think of (short of taking them apart), I still cannot fully understand or see what others might be seeing (while having this issue).

Aug 14, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #2,134 of 3,671
  Same here. I have compared using my Bose AE2W (which DO have AptX also).  ​But, remember, I am also one of the few who are NOT having these issues (not to say I never have at all, but overall it has really only happened 2 - 3 times since I got them in Feb this year). So, while I have done all the tests/comparisons I can think of (short of taking them apart), I still cannot fully understand or see what others might be seeing (while having this issue).

To jump to a few hoops and put some pieces together a bit early, perhaps it's bad batches as Senn says, combined with the battery saving features? Wonder what would happen if we switched pairs, haha

Aug 16, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #2,135 of 3,671
My Momentum Over Ear Wireless work perfectly well with my iPhone 5 and my iPad Air, with my Macbook Pro 15" 2011 (El Capitan Beta) they sometimes stutter if they connect automatically, if I connect them trough the bluetooth menu in my Mac they work fine.

Aug 16, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #2,136 of 3,671
for those who have had both the 1st gen and now 2nd gen momentums, how much better, if at all, are the 2nd gens?  thanks.

Aug 17, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #2,137 of 3,671
I was lucky to win a pair of Sennheiser Momentum - signed by DJ Luciano. I have always loved the design of the Momentum but I preferred the sound of the Amperior. After receiving the new Momentum I have been even more amazed by the design of these headphones. They feel like true luxury with the leather pads and specially the carry bag is just the best bag for headphones I have yet seen. The Momentum surpass the BeoPlay H6 (which ought to be a luxury accessory) by miles in luxury feeling. They do not sound as good as the Beyerdynamic T51p though. The T51p has the edge in speed and pace in keeping the sound tight and edgy in a good way.

As far as I remember the Momentum I tried earlier had more bass than these? This is the second version and the bass is more controlled. Even more balanced than the bass in T51p. Is there something wrong with my memory or is the sound in this second version of Momentum more balanced sounding than the first version?

A few pictures:

A very thin plug. Suitable for use with almost any iPhone case.

Foldable. I like that.

Aug 17, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #2,138 of 3,671
  for those who have had both the 1st gen and now 2nd gen momentums, how much better, if at all, are the 2nd gens?  thanks.

The fit and finish alone are worth the upgrade. Sound-wise I'm noticing the M2s being a less brittle on the high end and a little deeper in the sub bass. But their construction and feel are worth the price of admission on their own.

Aug 17, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #2,139 of 3,671
The M2s are more comfortable, but the sound is very very similar. I think I slightly prefer the sound of the original, and it is a much better buy these days.

i've had the original for over two years and I've had the M2 since the late winter. Initially, I thought the M2 was a big improvement, but now I realize that they really are quite similar. The original is a tad darker sounding, lighter weight, smaller, and the cable is nicer. But the M2 folds up and has bigger squishier cups. I recommend that you keep the original momentum in your stable, it is a classic, it might not be around forever

Aug 17, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #2,140 of 3,671
The M2s are more comfortable, but the sound is very very similar. I think I slightly prefer the sound of the original, and it is a much better buy these days.

i've had the original for over two years and I've had the M2 since the late winter. Initially, I thought the M2 was a big improvement, but now I realize that they really are quite similar. The original is a tad darker sounding, lighter weight, smaller, and the cable is nicer. But the M2 folds up and has bigger squishier cups. I recommend that you keep the original momentum in your stable, it is a classic, it might not be around forever

Thanks. Yeah I would definitely not sell the M1's to get the 2nd gens. I don't find the ear cups too small but could see them being bigger as a benefit. You can get the M1's for 100 bucks on Amazon which means to sell a used pair you wouldn't get anything close to a good deal. Clearly holding onto them is the way to go. I wonder how long until the 2nd gens start to get cheaper.

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #2,141 of 3,671
Hi guys...

It is true... the first gen of the over ear momentums are a super deal right now. In Europe (new) they are going for 145 (brown) on the german amazon and 149 (black/red) on the italian amazon.... if they fit my ears properly.... my oh my.... i had them 3 times, sold them all, i simply could not stand the pain and the fit after 10 or 15 minutes..... it was trully a shame because i really love their sound and i really wanted to keep them....

Right now the black and ivory 2.0's are costing 245 and 244 on the german amazon.... Do you guys think it is a good deal? T be honest i really want them but at the same time paying 100 extra euros for the better fit but loosing the amazing angled jack cable and amazing case..... meh....... but i doubt they will have their price much more lowered for at least a year, unless sennheiser comes out with a 3.0 version.... the folding mechanism is another meh for me.... i dont like to have hinges on my headphones, i am always a bit afraid they will break or have problems at some point....

Regarding the sound quality.... Altthough being very subtle what differences could you spot when comparing with the first gen? The bass is tighter? the 2.0's still have a nice slam on the bass? I heard some people saying they dont have as much punchy bass as the first gen.... i really dont want less punch, to me the first gen was a great all rounder and reducing the bass slam would make edm a bit less enjoyable IMO. Treble for me already was great on the first gen (but at the same i like the hd25 treble so if it as a tiny bit more i doubt i will complain...)...

Aug 18, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #2,142 of 3,671
  Hi guys...

It is true... the first gen of the over ear momentums are a super deal right now. In Europe (new) they are going for 145 (brown) on the german amazon and 149 (black/red) on the italian amazon.... if they fit my ears properly.... my oh my.... i had them 3 times, sold them all, i simply could not stand the pain and the fit after 10 or 15 minutes..... it was trully a shame because i really love their sound and i really wanted to keep them....

Right now the black and ivory 2.0's are costing 245 and 244 on the german amazon.... Do you guys think it is a good deal? T be honest i really want them but at the same time paying 100 extra euros for the better fit but loosing the amazing angled jack cable and amazing case..... meh....... but i doubt they will have their price much more lowered for at least a year, unless sennheiser comes out with a 3.0 version.... the folding mechanism is another meh for me.... i dont like to have hinges on my headphones, i am always a bit afraid they will break or have problems at some point....

Regarding the sound quality.... Altthough being very subtle what differences could you spot when comparing with the first gen? The bass is tighter? the 2.0's still have a nice slam on the bass? I heard some people saying they dont have as much punchy bass as the first gen.... i really dont want less punch, to me the first gen was a great all rounder and reducing the bass slam would make edm a bit less enjoyable IMO. Treble for me already was great on the first gen (but at the same i like the hd25 treble so if it as a tiny bit more i doubt i will complain...)...

I cannot speak from experience (I do have the M1, but have the M2 wireless, not the wired), because someone said that the M2 wireless and M2 wired are two different headphones, but bear this in mind (either way); the M1 and M2 share the exact same driver, only the size of the earcups has been changed. This will, in essence, change the sound sig some, but I would imagine that they will sound pretty close to the same. You MIGHT lose a small amount of punch in the bass, in order to have a slightly bigger sound stage (because the driver is further away from the ear). Some who have reviewed them (Tyll for instance), say that the bass has become boomy, but I disagree. While I DO think they have lost some tightness, I find the headphones to be quicker overall (not sure how, having the same driver, maybe its just me). I want to say they have more PRAT, but it could be all in my head. I have not actually sat down and listened to both in a scientific comparison, I just put one on, listened for a bit, then the other....

I have found, using the wireless version in wired mode, that the M1 and M2 sound VERY similar. The treble is still a little rolled off at the top end (not super veiled, but you get the idea), and the bass is just a bit sloppy, but not so much that it becomes boomy. I don't feel they are being under dampened, but the bass IS exaggerated a bit. The mids are buttery smooth just like the M1s, and just a bit forward. I still find these headphones to be mid-fi class. Overall, I really like these headphones, and will keep both sets. The M2 actually get about as much play time as my HD700s nowadays.

I'm still waiting to see someone mod the M1 with the earcups from the M2. I would be curious to hear what people's thoughts are on it after the mod.

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #2,143 of 3,671
Tired of just waiting for the M2 wireless, I just ordered a pair of M1 brown from amazon.de, following the info about the deal in previous posts.

The headphones are listed at 145€

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B009QV15DU/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p23_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=0HT4PZCC0B7SMH6DV166&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=585296347&pf_rd_i=desktop

But when I went to checkout, I found that the final price seems to be 
121,85 € (plus some side costs since I'm getting it delivered to Switzerland; the total price with shipping and handling is 139.32 €).​
I have no clue what's going on there, but I ordered immediately.. Let's see if they actually arrive..​
It's amazon, so I don't expect bad surprises.. Still, it seems an incredible deal!​

Aug 19, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #2,144 of 3,671
  Tired of just waiting for the M2 wireless, I just ordered a pair of M1 brown from amazon.de, following the info about the deal in previous posts.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B009QV15DU/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p23_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=0HT4PZCC0B7SMH6DV166&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=585296347&pf_rd_i=desktop

121,85 € (plus some side costs since I'm getting it delivered to Switzerland; the total price with shipping and handling is 139.32 €).​
I have no clue what's going on there, but I ordered immediately.. Let's see if they actually arrive..​
It's amazon, so I don't expect bad surprises.. Still, it seems an incredible deal!​

i ordered mine from amazon.de  as well..its one hell of a deal especially after listening to them yesterday..

Aug 19, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #2,145 of 3,671

[COLOR=111111]121,85 € (plus some side costs since I'm getting it delivered to Switzerland; the total price with shipping and handling is 139.32 €).[/COLOR]​
[COLOR=111111]I have no clue what's going on there, but I ordered immediately.. Let's see if they actually arrive..[/COLOR]​
[COLOR=111111]It's amazon, so I don't expect bad surprises.. Still, it seems an incredible deal![/COLOR]​

Just made a order as well (but i have already deleted the order) with shipping and taxes included to Portugal total is 158 and a few cents.... I want that deal as well! :grinning: but no look for me.... Still 158 total its not that bad...

A couple of weeks ago, french amazon listed the ios version of the wired m2 for 215. Unlucky me i could not order them.... I tried and tried and always received a error email a couple of hours later.... Later i found out i couldnt make buy on french amazon because only God knows why they stopped acepting payments through MAESTRO accounts..... Latter i had someone to make the purchase for me but by that time they eere costing 285 again.... I was so pissed....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back