Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
May 3, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #1,741 of 3,671
Where do you read that? In the manual it says that to pause the music it must be pressed the 3 functions button once.
Anyway, I don't think it depends on the player. Used with different players both on phone and PC and the result is always the same: the only thing which the button does is increasing the volume, and not even always.
smily_headphones1.gif
bt. As you can see in my signature, I'm only into bt.

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/global-downloads/file/4988/M2_AEBT_EN_A03.pdf

Page 10 tells you how the multi function button works. That is page 10 of the actual document, 12 on the pdf. As for the player dependency I thought that too until I tried it myself. Some players just seem to work with the buttons better than others. The volume buttons seems to work fine always but the playback controls don't work with every single player. When the playback controls fail though they generally fail for all functions and not just rewind/fast forward.

May 3, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #1,742 of 3,671
  awesome to hear Chailee80 :) thanks for the continuous help you've given me. it doesn't go unnoticed!

Atm I could either wait until I can snap up a pair of momentum 2.0's on amazon for cheaper than the Australian RRP of $499 OR I can purchase a pair of Sony MDR-1A's. A private seller is selling brand new sealed Sony MDR-1A unwanted gift which she bought in Japan (therefore it's a Japan import) and she's agreed to offer AU$245 plus free shipping. She may even be able to offer it for cheaper if postage isn't going to cost a lot. 

Any thoughts anyone?

Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 (which are going for around AU$400 an some amazon sites atm) or the Sony MDR-1A for $245 or potentially cheaper. 

It depends if you like the sony house sound. I found the mdr-1a's much too bassy and muddy sounding and the fact that are also quite dark sounding just did not suit my preferences at all. I quite liked the mdr-1r's but i found its bass reponse a bit lacking at times. I had hoped that they would fix this in the 1a's but they have gone a bit overboard for my tastes. I prefer the momentum sound over the sonys but for $245 the 1a's are much better value.

May 3, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #1,743 of 3,671
May 3, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #1,744 of 3,671
  I was referring to this: "Pushing the on/off button once while listening to music will pause the music."
Where did you read this?
That is also why I was surprised when he asked. I am not aware that the power button should pause the music when pressed once.
And the manual does not mention that either.

Check the manual again. Page 10 in the manual, page 12 in the pdf. The table showing how the 3 way multi function button works under the first point. Also go to page 20 (22 in the pdf) under music function. First 2 pictures shows how to play and pause.

May 3, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #1,746 of 3,671

Check the manual again. Page 10 in the manual, page 12 in the pdf. The table showing how the 3 way multi function button works under the first point. Also go to page 20 (22 in the pdf) under music function. First 2 pictures shows how to play and pause.

Man, which part of "Pausing music: Press the 3-way multi-function button" are you not understanding?
You wrote: "Pushing the on/off button once while listening to music will pause the music."
The manual (in page 10 alias 12 and 20 alias 22) says that to pause the music you must press the 3 way multifunction button (= the one which also changes the volume, NOT the power one).
Man man man man...

May 3, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #1,747 of 3,671
  The other thing I would try is obvious....unpair and pair again

Did it.
Several times.
Actually I also uninstalled and reinstalled the CSR Harmony stack.
I will try more players and see what happens.

May 3, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #1,748 of 3,671

I think you are missing the point. The manual refers to the "3-way multi-function button" for pausing. Some poster in this thread told Giogio to use the _power button_ for pausing, which as far as I can understand is wrong.

Anyway, skipping tracks works with all my Android players (Wimp, Tidal, Spotify, Soundcloud). A few times it has bugged out on me and I've had to reboot my phone, but normally it works fine.

Sounds like you got a faulty unit, Giogio.

May 3, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #1,750 of 3,671

Man, which part of "Pausing music: Press the 3-way multi-function button" are you not understanding?
You wrote: "Pushing the on/off button once while listening to music will pause the music."
The manual (in page 10 alias 12 and 20 alias 22) says that to pause the music you must press the 3 way multifunction button (= the one which also changes the volume, NOT the power one).

Quote:
  I think you are missing the point. The manual refers to the "3-way multi-function button" for pausing. Some poster in this thread told Giogio to use the _power button_ for pausing, which as far as I can understand is wrong.

Yes I just realised. My bad. I was thinking of another pair of headphones where the power button was also play/pause/skip/repeat button. Carry on.
redface.gif

And Giogio if volume up and/or down don't work as well as pressing the button then it defintiely sounds defective. Should get it exchanged before you continue with your comparisons.

May 3, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #1,751 of 3,671
Yes, I think that too, because, thinking it well, the skipping track thing may depend on the player, but the volume is not. You can increase and decrease volume also while no music is playing.
I just can not decrease volume, ever.
I must say, among all headphones tested, I have received quite a few defected ones.
I suppose that Companies should start questioning themselves the quality control of those chinese assembly factories.
And probably pay their chinese workers better and do not push their productivity to the limits.
Or maybe I am just a magnet for defected units?

May 3, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #1,752 of 3,671
  Yes, I think that too, because, thinking it well, the skipping track thing may depend on the player, but the volume is not. You can increase and decrease volume also while no music is playing.
I just can not decrease volume, ever.
I must say, among all headphones tested, I have received quite a few defected ones.
I suppose that Companies should start questioning themselves the quality control of those chinese assembly factories.
And probably pay their chinese workers better and do not push their productivity to the limits.
Or maybe I am just a magnet for defected units?

Have you purchased all of these defective ones or some were sent to you for review? I would imagine if someone wants to send you something for review they would probably send one that has already been used/tested/returned rather than open up a brand new box and there is a good chance it may have had issues hence why they got it back in the first place. Doubt they would send their best unit out unless the tester is from a really well known website like cnet or pcmag or innerfidelity. From my personal experience though audio products seem to be much more likely to have issues and/or fail. I've had to make warranty claims on 3 sets of headphones, 2 computer speakers (one of them 4 times) and my home theatre system (twice). The only other thing I have ever had to claim warranty on was a gas heater. Only good thing about these faults was they showed up during the warranty period and not after its expired.

Perhaps we have fallen under some sort of audiophile curse for liking and becoming knowledgeable in wireless and bluetooth audio products.
ph34r.gif

May 3, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #1,753 of 3,671
no, all units were new. Well, wait, I mean, those who were given to me for review, were new.
The other ones were mixed, some new, some used.

It's also not a very big %, 5 out of 30...
And for a couple of units it may have been a design error, not a defect unit, because it was actually in different grades present in all units. Like the occasional connectivity problems of the Fidelio (this last pair has got no problems though).

May 3, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #1,754 of 3,671
Actually you know what? I'll probably just get the M2AEBTs anyway. I'll try to do a review if possible.

@Giogio aren't they available at Saturn? I've seen one at the Saturn in Hamburg.

May 3, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #1,755 of 3,671
Just to add I'll be getting the Sony MBR-1ABTs soon and will be doing and comparison with the M2AEBTs on the S6

You know that if you do not post your comparison in the Huge Comparison thread (see my signature) I will be terribly offended and will never more talk to you? :)
Joking of course. But whereever you want to post your comparison, it would be useful if you could at least post a link to it in my thread. People looking for comparisons are probably more likely to search there.

No problem mate :wink: I'll look to add it there once they arrive and are heavily tested! ☺

Users who are viewing this thread

Back