Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
May 2, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #1,726 of 3,671
Guys, does anybody else have problems with the triple function button?
In my device it just does not work :frowning2:
It works sometimes, only for volume up. Very very very rarely I can do some volume down. But the push just does NOT function.
Neither in my PC with the Azio Dongle nor with my Xperia...

May 2, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #1,727 of 3,671
  Guys, does anybody else have problems with the triple function button?
In my device it just does not work :frowning2:
It works sometimes, only for volume up. Very very very rarely I can do some volume down. But the push just does NOT function.
Neither in my PC with the Azio Dongle nor with my Xperia...

Giogio...what functions are you trying to do? And when are you trying to do them?

May 2, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #1,728 of 3,671
Just a quick random comment... Contrary to the Backbeat Pro and UE9000 the M2 AEBT actually put up quite a decent fight in terms of noise cancelling compared to the Bose QC25 on my flight to Portugal this morning.. I wasn't too displeased with the Sennheiser performance. The QC25 still are the ones to beat but the M2 is quite usable actually... :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

May 2, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #1,729 of 3,671

Giogio...what functions are you trying to do? And when are you trying to do them?

I can't do ANYTHING with that button if not increasing the volume.
f you refer to the fact that some functions are only available in certain modes (like the voice prompts about battery which cannot be recalled while music is playing), no, I am not doing that.
What I can do: increase volume
What I cannot do: changing/pausing track when the music plays, and recall the voice prompts when the music does not play.
What I can do sometimes: decrease a bit the volume.

If this does not happen to anybody, they must be defected...
If it was only on my PC I could think it is a problem with the CSR Harmony. But it also happens with my Phone...
I could ask for a replacement.

May 2, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #1,730 of 3,671

I can't do ANYTHING with that button if not increasing the volume.
f you refer to the fact that some functions are only available in certain modes (like the voice prompts about battery which cannot be recalled while music is playing), no, I am not doing that.
What I can do: increase volume
What I cannot do: changing/pausing track when the music plays, and recall the voice prompts when the music does not play.
What I can do sometimes: decrease a bit the volume.

If this does not happen to anybody, they must be defected...
If it was only on my PC I could think it is a problem with the CSR Harmony. But it also happens with my Phone...
I could ask for a replacement.

So will pushing the button....the on/off button, pause the music?

May 3, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #1,732 of 3,671
I guess the issue I have is rationalizing a purchase of a 450 Euro headphone that resolves detail in a manner that is less satisfying than a 319 Euro one.

I will try to describe my predicament. I intend to use my headphones both on the move and at home. But even at home, I've got the fan on (I live in Singapore and it sure gets hot). So I'd very much like ANC. I don't really care about wireless capabilities though.

I'm currently using a pair of Bose AE2s. I've used IEMs in the past (most notably a pair of excellent Vsonic GR07s). I enjoy a balanced profile.

I listen to lots of different types of music. My favorite would probably be OSTs by Hiroyuki Sawano (huge anime fan). His OSTs are quite orchestral, lots of strings and piano in both the mid and treble range, with a lot of percussion too.

I also listen to J POP and some regular English pop songs. I like Coldplay and The Script.

I've heard of the DTS1, but I don't think I'll get them because of their weight and the fact that I probably can't test their comfort.

@Giogio thanks for the offer! I don't think I'll have the time though; my schedule is pretty tight.

May 3, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #1,734 of 3,671

So will pushing the button....the on/off button, pause the music?

Pushing the on/off button once while listening to music will pause the music. Holding it down is needed to turn it off.

Giogio I had some trouble with getting the button to work as well but a lot of issues are down to support by the player you are using. Had the same problem with my Symphony 1. Works on some players and not on others. With both the Momentum and Symphony 1 what I had issues with the most was the triple press. Often double pressing worked perfectly for skip and fast forward but timing the triple press to get it to actually rewind or repeat was very difficult and frustrating. Sometimes it just wouldn't work and sometimes it would register as a double press + single press and end up skipping to the next song then pausing it. Then there were times it would work but it has a delayed reaction so I had triple pressed a second time as I thought the first one failed and then it suddenly registers both and goes back 2 songs. Think its a general issue with multiple press buttons as opposed to rocker switches or touch controls (which both have their own unique issues anyway). Each method has their own annoying quirks.

May 3, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #1,736 of 3,671
Guys I have tested the M2AEBT with quite a few phones, from iPhone 6, M9, Motorola X, Note 2 and was very close to sending the headphones back. .......then! My M2AEBTs found the Samsung S6 and they and me fell in love! !! :laughing: Samsung had something called adapt sound! Set that up for my ears and oh my God! I no longer have set my phone to 100% volume and the deliver of sound is fantastic! :smile:

May 3, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #1,737 of 3,671
Had a good listen today both wired and wireless and they sound very similar to the original model to my ears. Comfort is much better and the folding mechanism is excellent. For $499 i think they hold their own quite well against similarly priced cans. However i would have to say the $799 wireless model is overpriced considering the sony mdr-1abt is only $550.

awesome to hear Chailee80 :) thanks for the continuous help you've given me. it doesn't go unnoticed!

Atm I could either wait until I can snap up a pair of momentum 2.0's on amazon for cheaper than the Australian RRP of $499 OR I can purchase a pair of Sony MDR-1A's. A private seller is selling brand new sealed Sony MDR-1A unwanted gift which she bought in Japan (therefore it's a Japan import) and she's agreed to offer AU$245 plus free shipping. She may even be able to offer it for cheaper if postage isn't going to cost a lot. 

Any thoughts anyone?

Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 (which are going for around AU$400 an some amazon sites atm) or the Sony MDR-1A for $245 or potentially cheaper. 

May 3, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #1,738 of 3,671
Pushing the on/off button once while listening to music will pause the music. Holding it down is needed to turn it off.

Giogio I had some trouble with getting the button to work as well but a lot of issues are down to support by the player you are using

Where do you read that? In the manual it says that to pause the music it must be pressed the 3 functions button once.
Anyway, I don't think it depends on the player. Used with different players both on phone and PC and the result is always the same: the only thing which the button does is increasing the volume, and not even always.

Are you using them in Bt or wired mode?
:) bt. As you can see in my signature, I'm only into bt.

May 3, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #1,739 of 3,671
Just to add I'll be getting the Sony MBR-1ABTs soon and will be doing and comparison with the M2AEBTs on the S6

May 3, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #1,740 of 3,671
Just to add I'll be getting the Sony MBR-1ABTs soon and will be doing and comparison with the M2AEBTs on the S6

You know that if you do not post your comparison in the Huge Comparison thread (see my signature) I will be terribly offended and will never more talk to you? :)
Joking of course. But whereever you want to post your comparison, it would be useful if you could at least post a link to it in my thread. People looking for comparisons are probably more likely to search there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back