Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Apr 14, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #1,501 of 3,671

I also heard they were less comfy and less portable. I personally value comfort above all else and believe BT wireless headphones should be easily portable too.

Seems neither is perfect but, as I said, I still may return the M2. 

Only question left is how the Denon GC20 will perform.

Just as comfortable, but yea, not as portable. Portable enough for me though. They have great sound, great comfort, great nc, and great BT connection.

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #1,502 of 3,671
  Just one additional question - where does it say that the headphones can have their firmware updated?  It is certainly not a feature of the UK manual/user instructions, either as included or as available to download from the Sennheiser UK website.

It's in an earlier manual. It's still on Sennheiser's website: http://en-de.sennheiser.com/global-downloads/file/4660/M2_AEBT_EN.pdf

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #1,504 of 3,671

It's in an earlier manual. It's still on Sennheiser's website: http://en-de.sennheiser.com/global-downloads/file/4660/M2_AEBT_EN.pdf

Nice find; never noticed that part of the old manual before.

Perhaps I'll try running the Sennheiser Updater. Doubt it'll find any update for the M2 but might discover something else.

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/cco-software-download-for-pc

Apr 14, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #1,506 of 3,671
How does the noise cancellation for these perform on a plane?  Are these able to wirelessly connect to an inflight entertainment system?  Is there a USB dongle or something or do you have to use them in a wired mode?

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #1,507 of 3,671

I also heard they were less comfy and less portable. I personally value comfort above all else and believe BT wireless headphones should be easily portable too.

If you haven't returned the M2 yet, it would be best, if you got the Def Tech Symp 1, while  you still have the M2. That way YOU can do the A/B comparison and then make the choice of which one best suits you.. I think that is the BEST option.   For me, when I had both the Def Tech and the M2, and I wear glasses, comfort wasn't even considered, because both of them were comfortable FOR ME with glasses on.. My choice for the M2 was based clearly on BT SQ. Because I didn't get any BT connection issues with either pair.

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #1,508 of 3,671
  How does the noise cancellation for these perform on a plane?  Are these able to wirelessly connect to an inflight entertainment system?  Is there a USB dongle or something or do you have to use them in a wired mode?

I haven't been on a plane with my M2s to know how the ANC works on a plane,, but they do come with a gadget to connect them to an airplane entertainment system..

Apr 15, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #1,509 of 3,671

Nice find; never noticed that part of the old manual before.

Perhaps I'll try running the Sennheiser Updater. Doubt it'll find any update for the M2 but might discover something else.

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/cco-software-download-for-pc

Forget it, the Sennheiser complains about the M2 AEBT not being supported (yet). The list on the Sennheiser website also does not list the M2 Momentum Wireless either ...

Apr 15, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #1,510 of 3,671
Also noticing more irregularities in the M2 build quality.

No doubt hand-built and very good quality but no two earcups of the 2 pairs I've tried are quite the same. The left earcup on my current pair has a few bad stitches were the leather is a mm or two out of place and separating. Doesn't affect usage but doesn't bode well for long-term durability either (2yr warranty or not; I wouldn't want a refurb replacement due to bad stitching).

This pair is slightly better than the 1st bluetooth wise but now worried what might be off on the next one should I dare to try a 3rd pair.

Thinking I should just forget about the M2 completely despite the great sound.

Apr 15, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #1,511 of 3,671
Thanks for the tip. Maybe the new Sony's out Zik 2.0 then ☺

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zik is most definitely not designed for people with glasses or a big head. Very small headband. The Sony should work out fine though going by how big the headband was on their previous sets.

If you get the chance give the Symphony 1 a go yourself. @cehowardNote3 above has said he had no comfort issues with the Symphony so they might work out fine for you.

Apr 15, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #1,512 of 3,671

For me they were much more comfortable. The ear cups are much larger and deeper so they fit bigger ears better. Some people have complained about them causing issues when wearing glasses or hats. Others seem to have no problems. Portability is definitely sacrificed with the Symphony. Easy enough if you got a backpack but they are definitely not fitting inside a handbag.

Apr 15, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #1,513 of 3,671
Muddled my way through damn near all 100+ pages of this thread and still don't think I have the answer to my question, so here goes:

When streaming via bluetooth from an iPhone 6, I assume the "agreed upon" codec will be SBC, since the iPhone doesn't support APT-X and the m2's don't support AAC.  If that's the case, should I expect audio quality in the following range?

Mandatory audio codec SBC for BT A2DP profile is not bad at all. In “High Quality” mode (@328kbit/s) it is on a par with ATRAC SP (Type-R, @292kbit/s) compression algorithm which is used in Minidisc recorders/players. In “Middle Quality” mode (@229kbit/s) it is roughly comparable with mp3@128kbit/s or aac@96kbit/s. At max possible bitrate 372kbit/s SBC codec is comparable with aac@192kbit/s and most artifacts it produces are beyond human perception.

I'd be pretty happy with at aac@192kbit/s!  m2's coming tomorrow - can't wait!

oh bonus q - what's the best I could do with bluetooth streaming from a Macbook Pro?  Would it be about the same?

Apr 15, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #1,514 of 3,671
  Muddled my way through damn near all 100+ pages of this thread and still don't think I have the answer to my question, so here goes:

When streaming via bluetooth from an iPhone 6, I assume the "agreed upon" codec will be SBC, since the iPhone doesn't support APT-X and the m2's don't support AAC.  If that's the case, should I expect audio quality in the following range?

I'd be pretty happy with at aac@192kbit/s!  m2's coming tomorrow - can't wait!

oh bonus q - what's the best I could do with bluetooth streaming from a Macbook Pro?  Would it be about the same?

Macbook pros support aptx so it should be a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back