Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Mar 30, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #1,156 of 3,671
I'll test again tomorrow. Perhaps I'm just unlucky with a dodgy pair.

My M2s going back today. Have tried everything I can think of, but BT signal still not working at all well. Changed all sorts of settings on the phone, changed case (to no case), repaired settings, etc. Result still the same with a very unstable BT connection. On a bus this morning the ANC was horrible. Every bump in the road seemed to trigger a warble in the sound. Can't decide whether I just get a refund or try another pair, as my experience does not tally with much of what is said by other users on this forum. Decisions.

Mar 30, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #1,157 of 3,671
  It has been established that the headphone is capable of software upgrade, but do you think that an upgrade would allow for rebinding a button press to toggle ANC on and off int he future ? Or is that only wishful thinking ?

That is wishful thinking, someone pasted a response from an email from Sennheiser Customer Service, where they stated there would NOT be an update enabling one to disable the ANC.
It's probably related to the BT/ANC chip they're using, maybe the ANC is somehow an integrated part of other functionality. That aside, they really don't have enough buttons for it either, there are already so many combinations of keypresses for the different states of the headphones that usually something random just happens if I try anything more fancy than volume up/down or skip to next song :)

Mar 30, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #1,158 of 3,671
That's really too bad, because I really like the sound and the comfort of the M2, but the ANC hiss and pressure on the eardrum really bothers me.

I guess I'll either get use to it, or go for the parot zik 2.0 then :)

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #1,159 of 3,671
  That's really too bad, because I really like the sound and the comfort of the M2, but the ANC hiss and pressure on the eardrum really bothers me.

I guess I'll either get use to it, or go for the parot zik 2.0 then :)

The Zik pretty much needs ANC turned on to sound good as well. Did you find less pressure coming from the Zik's ANC?

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #1,160 of 3,671
The M2 Wireless 2.0 is too expensive for me now, but I'm thinking to purchase it somewhere in the future (where it may get cheaper or I have more money available :xf_eek:).

Can it be used as a computer headset for gaming as well? I mean it does have a mic, does it?

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #1,161 of 3,671
I think the M2 frequency response is tuned for ANC on at least, personally I don't enjoy them unpowered, bass gets too exaggerated.

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #1,162 of 3,671
My M2s going back today. Have tried everything I can think of, but BT signal still not working at all well. Changed all sorts of settings on the phone, changed case (to no case), repaired settings, etc. Result still the same with a very unstable BT connection. On a bus this morning the ANC was horrible. Every bump in the road seemed to trigger a warble in the sound. Can't decide whether I just get a refund or try another pair, as my experience does not tally with much of what is said by other users on this forum. Decisions.

Mine should be with me on Wednesday hopefully ..I am going to give them a thorough test and see how they do....But academicbarzo try another pair if it has the same issue then send them back for a refund....I am holding off selling my momentum 1.0 till i test the wireless ones now

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #1,164 of 3,671
Hello guys,

Sorry if this has already been discuss somewhere in the thread but I couldn't find answers via search and wanted to be sure before I pull the trigger and make my banker shout.

Does these headphones are compatible with BT 3.0 ?
If it's the case, did some of you tried these particular headphones with BT 3.0 and got acceptable result VS BT 3.1 / 4.0 / aptX ?
I ask this because at the moment I only have BT 3.0 on my Samsung SII and I won't have the money for an other Smartphone for 2-3 month.

I've also an other question:

Did some of you tried these headphone in music production environment ( sound design / mix ), what's your thoughts about these as convenient headphones to move around the studio versus something in the range of a pair of DT880PRO ?

Thank you.

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #1,165 of 3,671
  Hello guys,

Sorry if this has already been discuss somewhere in the thread but I couldn't find answers via search and wanted to be sure before I pull the trigger and make my banker shout.

Does these headphones are compatible with BT 3.0 ?
If it's the case, did some of you tried these particular headphones with BT 3.0 and got acceptable result VS BT 3.1 / 4.0 / aptX ?
I ask this because at the moment I only have BT 3.0 on my Samsung SII and I won't have the money for an other Smartphone for 2-3 month.

I've also an other question:

Did some of you tried these headphone in music production environment ( sound design / mix ), what's your thoughts about these as convenient headphones to move around the studio versus something in the range of a pair of DT880PRO ?

Thank you.

If I'm not mistaken, all bluetooth standard are backward compatible up to and including 1.1

The Zik pretty much needs ANC turned on to sound good as well. Did you find less pressure coming from the Zik's ANC?

I've only ever tested the Zick in parrot's store and their ANC seemed less aggressive. But that might be because the ambient noise was lower.

I think the M2 frequency response is tuned for ANC on at least, personally I don't enjoy them unpowered, bass gets too exaggerated.

I've send my M2 wireless back for an exchange (hoping my pair had a faulty (i.e. too aggressive) ANC, and didn't get to audition them wired. Do they sound drastically different when unpowered ? What does that means for the M2 wired only, are they tuned differently ?

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #1,166 of 3,671

I've only ever tested the Zick in parrot's store and their ANC seemed less aggressive. But that might be because the ambient noise was lower.

Interesting you felt that. Most other comments on here seem to say the the ANC was much weaker with the Momentum than the Zik which was one of the better ones around. Certainly I felt the Zik had a far superior ANC. Don't know how the pressure varied between them though but it seems surprising that something with weaker ANC caused more pressure.

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #1,167 of 3,671

Interesting you felt that. Most other comments on here seem to say the the ANC was much weaker with the Momentum than the Zik which was one of the better ones around. Certainly I felt the Zik had a far superior ANC. Don't know how the pressure varied between them though but it seems surprising that something with weaker ANC caused more pressure.

I have both Zik 1 and 2 as well as the M2.  Both Zik will have better ANC than the M2 in the sense that you cannot hear someone talking right near you.  The M2 allows for sudden burst of sound through.  In the subways or on a plane.  The Zik 2 will allow less hum and noise through than the M2.  

Where they differ for me is the fit and overall sound.
Fit wise, the Zik2 just barely pulls down enough to reach my ears.  They were not designed for large heads. Size 8 hat sizes stay away.  For this reason alone, I gave the Zik2 to my son.

The other main difference is the sound.  The M2 is more audiophile quality than the Zik2 with or without its numerous EQ spatial settings.  Yes, the Zik2 has a concert hall mode that makes the sound somewhat like the openness of a HD800.  It is that good.  

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #1,169 of 3,671
  do you think these headphones are sutible for doing excercise? ive heard they are sweat and water resistant

I can assure you that the M2s are good for exercise.

Before the M2s, I had Harman Kardon BT, and  the Sony MDR 1RBT MK2. the Sony has the best SQ, but could not stay on my head doing just just simple exercises. But the HK BT, had better clamping force. Extreme ab exercises are my specialty, and  the M2 stays on during those exercises. I don't sweat that much, and my workout times are about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours..

Please don't ask me to show you those extreme ab exercises that the old man does....
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #1,170 of 3,671

Mine should be with me on Wednesday hopefully ..I am going to give them a thorough test and see how they do....But academicbarzo try another pair if it has the same issue then send them back for a refund....I am holding off selling my momentum 1.0 till i test the wireless ones now

Got a refund. May consider purchasing again later from somewhere I can do an extensive demo. Missing them already, as comfortable, well put together headphones with great SQ, at least in the home environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back