Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Mar 29, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #1,142 of 3,671
  im just so interested with the momentums due to that leather and 22 hour batery life

the leather on the M2 is of a high quality.  I would say much better than the original and almost as good for extended wear as the leather on the Ultrasone series cans.

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #1,145 of 3,671
  hello head fi community do you guys/girls think that these headphones are good for bass? i listen to lots of bassy music and so far these headphones look awesome.

Well then these might just be for you!  I primarily listen to Rap, R&B. The Momentums are perfect! I don't want the bass to overshadow the rest of the music. The bass on the 2.0 has just enough punch. If you returned the Beats then I bet you'll love these they are just right, imo.  btw, I have the wired...not much need for the wireless but ordered them anyway (wanted to see what all the fuss was about, lol) but they are on backorder...

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #1,147 of 3,671
  do you think these headphones are sutible for doing excercise? ive heard they are sweat and water resistant

I have ran may times with my iPhone 6 plus and these M2 all over the Upper West Side for a month.  The ANC tells me when a car is near and shuts down most everything else.  When someone yells at me about something, I can hear it also.
It was a strange feeling at first, but I love it now.
During these outdoor runs, the M2 never slipped and since It has been winter, can't say how good they will be with more perspiration.  So dar, I suspect that would not be an issue.
I wipe the oils and moisture off after each run.

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #1,149 of 3,671

I have ran may times with my iPhone 6 plus and these M2 all over the Upper West Side for a month.  The ANC tells me when a car is near and shuts down most everything else.  When someone yells at me about something, I can hear it also.
It was a strange feeling at first, but I love it now.
During these outdoor runs, the M2 never slipped and since It has been winter, can't say how good they will be with more perspiration.  So dar, I suspect that would not be an issue.
I wipe the oils and moisture off after each run.

wow! thats amazing! ive always needed some headphones to do excercise as earphones dont fit in my ear. this is sweet man im getting these lool.
  Well then these might just be for you!  I primarily listen to Rap, R&B. The Momentums are perfect! I don't want the bass to overshadow the rest of the music. The bass on the 2.0 has just enough punch. If you returned the Beats then I bet you'll love these they are just right, imo.  btw, I have the wired...not much need for the wireless but ordered them anyway (wanted to see what all the fuss was about, lol) but they are on backorder...

and now even better! thanks for your comments really appreciated :)

Mar 29, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #1,150 of 3,671
You could also try the Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless, for that kind of music are supposed to be better. I have tried them, they sound really excellent with Techno and bassy stuff.
Less good for pop and folk.

Then the Plantronics Backbeat Pro are not so beautiful but have lot of nice function, a wonderful bass, 24 hours battery life, much better wireless range, low latency Aptx. The sound signature is more v-shaped but not cold. But no leather.

If the wireless range is not a problem for you (if you do not plan going more than 5 meter far from the source) the BeoPlay H8 are also a nice option, IF you do not use EQ. With EQ they distort the bass IF the anc is active. It is a problem of the Anc. Without anc, or without Eq, and eventually not at max volume, they do good. The bass is intense. The build and loog is premium with all true leather.

For me, the best high quality bassy bt headphone is the ATH-WS99BT (audio technica). Natural bass out of the box, but extremely powerful with bayy music (and able to make your head vibrate with some EQ boost).
Very good detail, nice soundstage, warm mids, clean highs, loud and present.

The Fidelio M2BT are also very very good, and with a really impressive bass (best sub-bass among any other tested BT Headphone). The old version, M1BT, sounds almost identical, and has got leather on the headband.

But well. You have to try. The best is, compare by yourself. Do NOT, ever, buy just one headphone. ALways buy at least two, compare, and send back the one(s) you do not want.

Mar 29, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #1,151 of 3,671
  You could also try the Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless, for that kind of music are supposed to be better. I have tried them, they sound really excellent with Techno and bassy stuff.
Less good for pop and folk.

Then the Plantronics Backbeat Pro are not so beautiful but have lot of nice function, a wonderful bass, 24 hours battery life, much better wireless range, low latency Aptx. The sound signature is more v-shaped but not cold. But no leather.

If the wireless range is not a problem for you (if you do not plan going more than 5 meter far from the source) the BeoPlay H8 are also a nice option, IF you do not use EQ. With EQ they distort the bass IF the anc is active. It is a problem of the Anc. Without anc, or without Eq, and eventually not at max volume, they do good. The bass is intense. The build and loog is premium with all true leather.

For me, the best high quality bassy bt headphone is the ATH-WS99BT (audio technica). Natural bass out of the box, but extremely powerful with bayy music (and able to make your head vibrate with some EQ boost).
Very good detail, nice soundstage, warm mids, clean highs, loud and present.

The Fidelio M2BT are also very very good, and with a really impressive bass (best sub-bass among any other tested BT Headphone). The old version, M1BT, sounds almost identical, and has got leather on the headband.

But well. You have to try. The best is, compare by yourself. Do NOT, ever, buy just one headphone. ALways buy at least two, compare, and send back the one(s) you do not want.

i cant really buy 2 lol. i got 350 quid, bought beats and im returning and seeing which one i should get instead, cant get 2 sadly :frowning2:

Mar 29, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #1,152 of 3,671
  i cant really buy 2 lol. i got 350 quid, bought beats and im returning and seeing which one i should get instead, cant get 2 sadly :frowning2:

Normally the Senny costs much more than that.
But @kayandjohn posted in the huge comparison thread that "buysonic.com has black Parrot Zik 2.0 Bluetooth for $299 (normally $399) and black Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear Bluetooth M2 AEBT for $349 (noramlly $499) - only 3 left."
So, hurry up :)

Fidelio M2BT not in your Budget in the US (I still do not understand why they must be so expensive there), but M1BT yes.
Audio Technica only available in internet. You should be able to get them for that price.
Plantronics in your budget (very much in your budget).
BeoPlay out of your budget.
Sennheiser urbanite XLWireless in your budget.
House of Marley Liberate XLBT also (strong bass, warm mids, I feel I need to EQ the highs). They look very nice too. More reggae than Hip Hop, no wonder, coming from Marley.
On the bottom of the first post in my Huge Comparison thread you find the comparison of Bassy BT headphones. For if you want to see what else is bassy enough.

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #1,153 of 3,671
It looks like things have already been explained well enough to you but I'll say that if you liked the bass on the Beats but want better clarity and mid range then the Momentum is probably the best compromise for wireless headphones. The clarity and mids are much improved though the amount of bass drops a bit. It won't rattle your haed as easily as the Beats but if you put the volume up it will still give it a good shake. You could well find that the Beats had too much bass which was overpowering everything once you try the Momentum and was may well prefer the bass in the Momentum like a few other people on here. The Vmoda M100s do have more bass than the Momentum yes and they may well be a better option if you really want strong bass response if you can stand being wired.

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #1,154 of 3,671
Just tried both the on ear and around ears wired with ANC on in John Lewis today. Surrounded by booming home cinema. The ANC was great. Best on the around ears. I thought the over ears were too boomy. The around ears were excellent. Want.

Mar 30, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #1,155 of 3,671
It has been established that the headphone is capable of software upgrade, but do you think that an upgrade would allow for rebinding a button press to toggle ANC on and off int he future ? Or is that only wishful thinking ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back