Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Mar 22, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #961 of 3,671
This newbie is going up an down here. 3 post right in succession..
biggrin.gif

I am having a problem TAKING THE CABLE OUT.. I did the sequence to get the audio cable in. Push in to click, turn counter clockwise. But, I am using normal force and it is not coming out..

What is the sequence to take the audio cable out of the M2?

thanks in advance..

Edit: I found it in the manual. It still requires more effort than I would like..

Mar 23, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #963 of 3,671
Anyone using these on a train? The anc pops when another train comes by, or someone opens and closes door to car. It has something to do with pressure. Its very annoying, and might be a dealbreaker.

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #965 of 3,671
Anyone using these on a train? The anc pops when another train comes by, or someone opens and closes door to car. It has something to do with pressure. Its very annoying, and might be a dealbreaker.

I get this effect when the bus drives over some pot holes in the road. Considering sound is basically variations in air pressure, I guess your statement is valid :)

Mar 23, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #967 of 3,671
With twist-on cable lock, you just need to get used to it.  It's the same as original Momentum wired.  I need to double check once I get home to verify this, but I don't believe they have a white alignment marker like other headphones have (ex. ATH cans).  That usually helps to make sure your cable and earcup is aligned and locked properly.  Again, need to look at it once I get home.

Regarding, wired operation with power on and off, there is a big difference in sound and I obviously prefer wired with power on.   But here is a reason why, look at the spec (click to enlarge the image):

impedance is 28 ohm in active and 480 ohm (!!!) in passive.  So with this kind of impedance in passive wired mode you need a good amp to juice up a performance.  Once you turn the power on to activate noise canceling circuit and internal DAC (and probably some amp section?!?) - the sound comes alive with a full in your face energy of a balanced sound signature with a rather natural tonality, excellent bass extension with a nice well controlled slam, smooth detailed mids, and extended crispy treble (no sibilance what so ever).  I had these on the other day for 2+ hours and my ears wasn't even getting hot or sweaty.  I review a lot of headphones, and these one by far have the best wired/wireless sound I have tested so far, especially with aptX codec support.  Just keep the power on to use it in active mode!

Mar 23, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #968 of 3,671
  With twist-on cable lock, you just need to get used to it.  It's the same as original Momentum wired.  I need to double check once I get home to verify this, but I don't believe they have a white alignment marker like other headphones have (ex. ATH cans).  That usually helps to make sure your cable and earcup is aligned and locked properly.  Again, need to look at it once I get home.

Regarding, wired operation with power on and off, there is a big difference in sound and I obviously prefer wired with power on.   But here is a reason why, look at the spec (click to enlarge the image):

impedance is 28 ohm in active and 480 ohm (!!!) in passive.  So with this kind of impedance in passive wired mode you need a good amp to juice up a performance.  Once you turn the power on to activate noise canceling circuit and internal DAC (and probably some amp section?!?) - the sound comes alive with a full in your face energy of a balanced sound signature with a rather natural tonality, excellent bass extension with a nice well controlled slam, smooth detailed mids, and extended crispy treble (no sibilance what so ever).  I had these on the other day for 2+ hours and my ears wasn't even getting hot or sweaty.  I review a lot of headphones, and these one by far have the best wired/wireless sound I have tested so far, especially with aptX codec support.  Just keep the power on to use it in active model!

All I can say is that I agree with everything you state here!!
biggrin.gif

I got a good SCARE with that cable sequence. But, after reading the manual I solved it.   Also, I have listened to these babies amped, and like you stated, they give up the OMG SOUND!! Also, I read how to turn on the ANC while wired.  Well, to tell the truth, I have no need for that. When I was connected wired and to an amp, I was in my bicycle/computer room, no noise, so no need for NC. I also witness that rich sound they give off when wired and amped.. OMG again.. However, wired and amped are secondary to me.. Bluetooth is my primary concern. Even though I am a newbie, these are the best I have heard, bluetooth and wired, and they are stone keepers for me..
beerchug.gif

Mar 23, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #969 of 3,671
The reason why I'm so interested in wired performance because I'm waiting to receive Pure Silver cable with Momentum connector (modular connector piece for Whiplash Modular Cable) and can't wait to test it out!!!  If it sounds that good wired from my Note 4 using Senns stock OFC cable, I can't wait to hear the improvement with a better cable and paired up with hi-res DAP like N6.

Mar 23, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #970 of 3,671
  The reason why I'm so interested in wired performance because I'm waiting to receive Pure Silver cable with Momentum connector (modular connector piece for Whiplash Modular Cable) and can't wait to test it out!!!  If it sounds that good wired from my Note 4 using Senns stock OFC cable, I can't wait to hear the improvement with a better cable and paired up with hi-res DAP like N6.

Another Note 4 user!!
beerchug.gif

My Note 4 is my prime source. It has a 128gb sd card, crammed with flac files. IMO, over bluetooth, playing flac, the M2 shines big time. Wired to my pc, it shines also, wired to my 02-0DAC, it goes up another level. Don't know how many levels these headphones can go before it maxes out!!
biggrin.gif

Ha, I did a search on those cables. OMG!!! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #971 of 3,671

Why not try using usb otg cable to the note 4?? That imo would be the best.

Mar 23, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #972 of 3,671

Why not try using usb otg cable to the note 4?? That imo would be the best.

Yeah, why not
wink.gif

And while I'm at it, might as well hook it up to my laptop!

I don't think anything even comes close to what these headphones are capable of.  Simply AMAZING!!!

Mar 23, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #973 of 3,671
Can anyone compare these to the HD 650? I know they are different headphones open vs closed, home vs on-the-go, but my budget right now can only afford the HD 650 & Amp or just the 2.0 Wireless Momentum.

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #974 of 3,671
  Can anyone compare these to the HD 650? I know they are different headphones open vs closed, home vs on-the-go, but my budget right now can only afford the HD 650 & Amp or just the 2.0 Wireless Momentum.

IMO, these are two different venues! 
wink.gif

Sports car vs a luxury sedan. IMO, each of these main purposes are vastly different.

That HD 650 is would not be at home at the gym, transportation(train/airplane, running etc..

Without even hearing them, for closed in or at home listening, I would say the HD 650 and Amp would be the best.

Just the 2 cents of a year old newbie.. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back