Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Mar 18, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #916 of 3,671
  so i guess it's not worth it to upgrade momentum 1.0 to 2.0
there are killer deals our there for original momentum and you can get one for ~$170 where as new wired version costs ~$350
it's kind of disappointing to hear that there aren't any significant difference in SQ
many of the reviews i read stated there is a noticeable difference like better high frequency response and better sound stage
i referred to this post http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-24-of-the-top-closed-portable-headphones-around
maybe they're result of better seal?

Wait, who said there aren't any sq differences? I think I am going to open a new thread for the wired version because this thread is consumed with negative BT issues and talk NOTHING about the sq. If you have any questions regarding the sq please feel free to ask me.

Mar 18, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #917 of 3,671
Wait, who said there aren't any sq differences? I think I am going to open a new thread for the wired version because this thread is consumed with negative BT issues and talk NOTHING about the sq. If you have any questions regarding the sq please feel free to ask me.

I am confused about the same thing-is there a difference between the SQ of momentum 1st gen and 2nd gen? And what about the wireless version (when wired,anc off)?

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #919 of 3,671
I have the m2 and m2 wireless, I was curious to see if there was a difference in sound. To my ears the m2 (wired) and m2 wireless with the cord sound the same. The wireless with or without cord and ANC gives better isolation from outside noise and wireless feature gives convienence although lower resolution or sound quality. Both, to me, sound better than the m1.

Jim

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #920 of 3,671
Has anyone compared them to the Sony MDR-1A? Thoughts on comfort and SQ?

I preferred the m2s sound much more than the sonys. The bass on the 1a is too overdone, i thought it was a bit too boomy and muddy sounding and the top end was a touch too dark for my tastes. Both were fairly comfortable the sony pads seem to hug my ears a bit more so they can get a bit warm. That being said the sonys are $150 cheaper here so overall theyre not too bad.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #921 of 3,671
so i guess it's not worth it to upgrade momentum 1.0 to 2.0
there are killer deals our there for original momentum and you can get one for ~$170 where as new wired version costs ~$350
it's kind of disappointing to hear that there aren't any significant difference in SQ
many of the reviews i read stated there is a noticeable difference like better high frequency response and better sound stage
i referred to this post http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-24-of-the-top-closed-portable-headphones-around
maybe they're result of better seal?

If you have no comfort issues and dont need bluetooth or noise cancelling then stick with the m1s for now and just wait for the m2s to drop in price.

Mar 18, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #923 of 3,671
Anyone care to comment on connectivety status with android Lollipop (5.x)? I notice there's a new default media service/player (NuPlayer).

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #925 of 3,671
Recieved my pair yesterday. Same issues everyone here has....skiping at every corner in manhattan. On train ride in....perfectly fine. I believe to get great battery life, senn turned down the power for bt. Just a guess though. These things sound great though. A little canny with low volume, but the louder you play them, the better they sound. Anc as stated, not as good as bose, but still very good. Im happy with a little less anc, and MUCH better sound quality. I use my phones 90% of time on train, so the skipping out on the street is not a deal breaker, but a bit of a disappointment for a $499 headphone. Maybe a fw update can help, i wouldnt count on it though.

A little update on the wired vs wireless. I cant hear a difference, BUT wired with anc off makes a big difference. Tons of bass, not that its lacking with anc, but wow, these are bass canons wired.

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #926 of 3,671

I'd second the vote for a separate thread for the Momentum 2.0 wired version.

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #927 of 3,671
I'd second the vote for a separate thread for the Momentum 2.0 wired version.

+1 Yes a thread dedicated to the wired M2 would be marvellous.

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #928 of 3,671
As someone pointed out earlier, the complaints about the M2 Wireless on this thread make it seem very "doom & gloom" and suggests to the casual reader that there may be some serious flaws with this model when the reality is that those who have posted are not necessarily representative of all M2 Wireless user experiences since there may be many who don't have issues at all and aren't posting because there isn't anything to go to a forum thread to complain about.

I am one of those without issues.  I've had my M2 Wireless for almost 2 weeks now and could not be happier with it.   Comfort due to the larger ear cup size is a remarkable improvement over my M1, and there are some sound improvements too, though subtle, that makes it less balanced sounding than the M1, but in a good way (more bass and improve treble, but not necessarily V-shaped).   Best of all, I'm not having any of the bluetooth issues that a few are describing here.   Sure I will get occasional drops and stutters, but it is very rare and only happens when I walk away from my source device too far or if there is lots of interference in the room I'm in.  Interference is unavoidable people!  This is not the fault of the headphone but something inherent in wireless technology.   I have never owned a wireless consumer audio device that was perfectly immune to interference.  Compared to many other bluetooth audio devices and headsets I've ever owned, the M2 Wireless is definitely better than average if not the best I've had in terms of being resistant to interference.   I rarely have issues when walking around in public indoors our outdoors streaming audio from my iPhone in my pocket or my iPad in my shoulder bag.   At home, it almost never happens, which was surprising to me because my home has serious wireless traffic which includes: multiple wifi networks, wireless media streaming from NAS, several desktops, tablets, and laptops, 3 wireless printers, wireless connections to receivers, TVs, 2 wireless baby monitors, wireless lighting control, wireless thermostat controls, wireless VOIP phones, wirelessly connected PS4 and Xboxes, RF remotes, and a multitude of USB 3.0 devices which are notorious for causing interference.   My M2 Wireless works just fine in this environment.   I love this thing.  It is the ultimate in portable wireless cans in my book.

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #930 of 3,671
Thanks for your impressions on the m2, it is appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back