Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Mar 11, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #827 of 3,671
  So I just got a pair yesterday from Moon Audio, and I flew out on 2 flights Monday night, and today did more testing, AMP'd, wired, and Bluetooth.  I am so AMAZED by these things, I feel like I lost it?  I just put a ticket into Sennheiser, asking them how, on Bluetooth, no APT-X, these can sound so good.  That's my shock.  I mean all my other gear, costing 3 times the price in headphones, and 5 times the price in amps, double the price in cables!  Wow!  Hi-res files, on Bluetooth no APT-X, occasional blips, which I expect due to wifi, mail and other things coming into my phone, but really these are great!  The sound, is AMAzing!  I don't expect Sennheiser to say anything negative, but really these sound sweet!

Agree with you on the sound.  The noise cancellation is still work in progress.
I took another run this morning and the Bluetooth with the iPhone did not loose a tick for 40 minutes.  There is something magical listening to classical in the open air.  It's like seeing the world through the eyes of the great composers centuries ago.

Take your M2-AEBT outside. Enjoy.

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #828 of 3,671
    I have now tried BT connection with the devices as follows:

1. Galaxy Note 3
  2. Galaxy Note 2
  3. Galaxy Gear 2 (BT from watch to HP)
  4. Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
  5. Asus G750JM (gaming rig)
  6. Asus G73JH (gaming rig)
  7. and Asus G50 (old gaming rig)
  8. iPod Touch (newest)
  9. iPod Nano (newest)
  10. iPhone 5s

Of those devices only the Samsung devices (except the watch) support Apt-X, but I wanted to see what was what with connections.... I found that of the Apt-X devices none of them stuttered for me at all, except when using Mediamonkey media player. I noticed stutter WITH a cord with this player, though, so this one I ruled out altogether. There was no issues usiing the stock players, or Google Play Music (streaming, and from card). 

There was no stutter of any kind using the laptops, but to fair, i was indoors the whole time with them. I WAS able to move around the house freely without connection errors. I moved maybe a total of 40ish ft away at any given time. 

No problem with the iDevices at all (other than they sound like crap heh). 

I wonder if maybe some of the people that are having stutter issues when using their phones might have their music stored on a slower card, and this could be a result of a reading problem?????? Just a thought. I only use class 10 cards in mine. But since I can't really reproduce any issues, I can't find a common problem here...

In addition to the aptx devices, if you play hi res and /or flac files, the SQ goes up another notch.. On the SD card. I have a 128gb Sandisk sd card, and I got it loaded with flac and hi res files. Both of my headphones support aptx.. My 3rd set of headphones, which I am getting ready to get, will support aptx or higher too.. :)

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #829 of 3,671
Can't find anything about it on the user manual... does the M2 Wireless have an auto-off/power save feature for when there is no audio signal and you forget to turn it off?

Mar 11, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #830 of 3,671

Thank you for sharing this, makes me feel like what I have found is valid, doesn't make sense with all my experience, but these headphones are quite unique;  but I will do as you say.  Yesterday was listening to Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No.1, and was really pleased at the quality across Bluetooth without APT-X; indoors.

Mar 11, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #831 of 3,671
I have exactly the same problem and did some testing walking around the block to figure out if there was anything I could do to get them to work properly.

What I found out was that did work way more reliably when I put them in the upper right pocket in my coat, but when in the left pocket in my pants then the horrible stutter got very frequent.I guess the bluetooth antenna is in the right ear-cup and with my body inbetween the signal was not clear enough.

The stutter almost always occurred when I got to an intersection or big open air area where I guess there were more radio waves that could reach them.

I will return mine tomorrow, this is probably something Sennheiser will fix in a hardware update, I do not think it could be fixed with software. Too bad since I really liked everything else with them but their bluetooth implementation seems to be really bad. An issue like this is not ok with high end headphones like these.

Mar 11, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #832 of 3,671
Sounds likely, given that many reports issues in places with a lot of signals. I experience the same with my Sony SBH-80 bluetooth earbuds, rock solid in the country but they start dropping out if I use a hoodie or go to crowded public places with lots of signals.

Mar 11, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #834 of 3,671
It's truly unfortunate about all of the issues regarding the wireless version of the new Momentums. On a positive note, I'm really enjoying the Wired version of these badboys and they perform exceptionally well. I've had gone through a bunch of over-ear closed back 'phones (AKG K545, B&O H6, B&W P7, Momentum V1, and had the Fidelio X1 when I was able to listen to open-ended phones) and these are my favorite at the moment. The Oppo PM-3s do have my attention, though. The comfort, isolation, portability, accessories, and of course, sound quality are top notch! I really hope to see some changes or fixes to the wireless version as I'd hate to see the Momentum name get a bad rep. I would want to buy me a pair if they get the bluetooth craziness in order.

Mar 11, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #835 of 3,671
Yes if the Bluetooth glitches were fixed, I would most likely get a pair. I guess I can eventually get the wired version and wait till the issues with the Bluetooth are worked out.

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #836 of 3,671
Has anyone heard both the symphony 1 and the Momentum wireless? I'm looking for a pair of bluetooth headphones and not sure which to get. I can't find either headphones at stores near me. Could someone who has heard both give me a comparison between the two? I'm open for any other bluetooth headphones you would recommend in the $200-$500 range. I have also considered the AKG K845 and Sony Mdr-1rbt but both look cheap and have plastic build.

Mar 11, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #837 of 3,671
I see you have decided to spam all the threads with that question :)
Very few people have tried Symphony 1 yet.

You should consider Sony MDR-1ABT as a competitor to Momentum/Symphony instead of the 10RBT. Or at least 1RBTMK2.

Mar 11, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #838 of 3,671
The momentum's that were released at the same time as the symphony 1's got a lot more attention and reviews, I'm hoping more people will start reviewing them.

They seem like great headphones that can compete with the top bluetooth headphones in the same price range.

Mar 11, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #839 of 3,671
.Why don't you buy both and see by yourself which one you want to keep?
BTW, when you spam you have to say "I do not mean to spam, but". And then you can spam and nobody will complain.

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #840 of 3,671
I have read the entire thread closely now and it seems like people are having problems similar to mine regardless of device. But I saw that people suspected and this was mainly a problem on iPhones, but not for me. I used my Samsung Note 4 and tried with both Android 4.4.4 and 5.0.1.

I should also add that I have the problems when in the central parts of a densely populated city with all kinds of wifi and whatever else could cause interference everywhere.

They work almost perfectly when indoors for me though and to me a good test was trigger the problem was to walk a few blocks and I got the problem all the time. I knew when I got to the end of a block to cross an intersection that I would have lots of stutter.

All other aspects of the headphones are just awesome and if you plan not to use them at home or wired when on the move you will probably love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back