Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Mar 9, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #811 of 3,671
That's not a problem!

They do look a bit closer in the pics (& to the naked eye) than they measure. Whilst I think these pads would just about be use-able I'd imagine there must be something else out there that would be closer in size to the stock pads but with a bit more depth / room for larger ears.

Thanks, just placed an order for some. But I agree, there's got to be some other popular sources of replacement Earpads that people are relying on.

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #812 of 3,671
I just noticed a charge from Crutchfield for my Momentum On Ear wireless preorder - the black model is now showing as "in stock" on their website too so hopefully they will ship in the next 24hrs.

Mar 10, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #813 of 3,671
So I've got the hm5's fitted. Couple of questions.

Planning to cut out holes for the two openings at the top, and the headphone jack at the bottom, as well as the music controls/bt button. They sound pretty good and I'm convinced the comfort on these is bar none. Wondering if cutting that many holes in the Earpads will negatively impact my cans, as well as covering up the 4 mics for ANC?

Mar 10, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #816 of 3,671
So I just got a pair yesterday from Moon Audio, and I flew out on 2 flights Monday night, and today did more testing, AMP'd, wired, and Bluetooth.  I am so AMAZED by these things, I feel like I lost it?  I just put a ticket into Sennheiser, asking them how, on Bluetooth, no APT-X, these can sound so good.  That's my shock.  I mean all my other gear, costing 3 times the price in headphones, and 5 times the price in amps, double the price in cables!  Wow!  Hi-res files, on Bluetooth no APT-X, occasional blips, which I expect due to wifi, mail and other things coming into my phone, but really these are great!  The sound, is AMAzing!  I don't expect Sennheiser to say anything negative, but really these sound sweet!

Mar 10, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #817 of 3,671
  So I just got a pair yesterday from Moon Audio, and I flew out on 2 flights Monday night, and today did more testing, AMP'd, wired, and Bluetooth.  I am so AMAZED by these things, I feel like I lost it?  I just put a ticket into Sennheiser, asking them how, on Bluetooth, no APT-X, these can sound so good.  That's my shock.  I mean all my other gear, costing 3 times the price in headphones, and 5 times the price in amps, double the price in cables!  Wow!  Hi-res files, on Bluetooth no APT-X, occasional blips, which I expect due to wifi, mail and other things coming into my phone, but really these are great!  The sound, is AMAzing!  I don't expect Sennheiser to say anything negative, but really these sound sweet!

That is awesome! I'll bet Sennheiser doesn't get tickets put in every day for that sort of thing. Glad you like them, and I, for one, agree on how amazing they are.

Mar 11, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #819 of 3,671
Hoping someone can answer a question about the ANC for me - reviews seem to be conflicting. Can you actually turn it off when wired, or is it only off when the battery's depleted? Thanks all.

I believe you can turn it off wired if you are running it on passive mode. If it is powered on (active) then the NC is on even with wired.

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #824 of 3,671

I find hardly any difference between ANY of these modes, I have tried at least 3 different BT sets over the last 3 years, including Phiaton and Parrott, and these are unlike any of them, very consistent sound quality, slightly better wired, ANC and BT off, and amped, allows you to open them up a bit, and sink into the staging, but nothing dramatic, enjoyable in all modes.

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #825 of 3,671

I find hardly any difference between ANY of these modes, I have tried at least 3 different BT sets over the last 3 years, including Phiaton and Parrott, and these are unlike any of them, very consistent sound quality, slightly better wired, ANC and BT off, and amped, allows you to open them up a bit, and sink into the staging, but nothing dramatic, enjoyable in all modes.

If all the modes are that similar then that is quite a good achievement from Sennheiser. Might go some way towards explaining the ridiculously high price. Wouldn't have been easy to make it sound almost the same amped, over bluetooth and passovely wired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back