Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Feb 16, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #511 of 3,671

Yes I like the black remote as well.

I just tested mine...they said if you can't read the numbers of the code call  them. What happens when you scan the VR code on the box?

When I go to their website via the link and/or QR code, I enter the ID code first with the captcha check code and then I get to the next page where you can check for the products authenticity. But I can't enter the second code anywhere on the page (it should ask for the code which is above with that shimmering reflection label) as the video suggests you should enter. So I guess it's yet another problem with Sennheiser's website that I found here? I tried to use several different browsers, but no luck at all (IE, Chrome, Safari).

I guess I never thought of doing that, since I ordered mine from Senn direct. I'm not even sure if it will work after registering them on Senn's site. I'll give it a go.

Should I register the product first instead of trying to verify its authenticity?

Getting a fake Momentum from Sennheiser directly, that'd be something.

Yeah, but I didn't get one directly from Sennheiser, but via one of the bigger online retailers here in the Netherlands. I'm not really questioning the authenticity, but it sure helps to ease my mind if that website actually works :blush:.

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #512 of 3,671
Hmm, I have only had these a little over a week now, and already the pads have built up memory to how wear them. This is not a problem as yet, but since I just got them, I am concerned about whether the material inside the pads well break down quickly it not. Here are a couple of photos.

Maybe it is some kind of "Memory Foam" inside?

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #513 of 3,671

When I go to their website via the link and/or QR code, I enter the ID code first with the captcha check code and then I get to the next page where you can check for the products authenticity. But I can't enter the second code anywhere on the page (it should ask for the code which is above with that shimmering reflection label) as the video suggests you should enter. So I guess it's yet another problem with Sennheiser's website that I found here? I tried to use several different browsers, but no luck at all (IE, Chrome, Safari).

Should I register the product first instead of trying to verify its authenticity?

Yeah, but I didn't get one directly from Sennheiser, but via one of the bigger online retailers here in the Netherlands. I'm not really questioning the authenticity, but it sure helps to ease my mind if that website actually works :blush:.

I scanned my QR code with my phone it takes me directly to the site. The screen tells you to enter the code that you see on THAT screen and hit enter. When you do that it shows you a code, you need to go to the light and look at the holographic image on your M2 box and verify the code on the phone matches the hologram. Then click yes.

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #514 of 3,671
That's exactly my problem, I did enter the ID code on the first screen, and then on the second screen it only shows me a verification button... no verification image or code for me to double check on holographic label on the box. I do not get a yes or no button below it. Does that mean that the database isn't updated yet for newly shipped products (just randomly brainstorming here).

Feb 16, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #517 of 3,671

No idea..I just did it again to give you the steps.

Thank you, I do appreciate your help and thinking with me what could have gone wrong. I guess only Sennheiser can give me the answer... unfortunately it takes a long time corresponding with them via e-mail and/or social media.

Perhaps a different browser?

I've tried several already without any success (IE, Chrome, Safari).

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #519 of 3,671
My set actually came fully charged. And yeah, they look and feel like premium all around.

Anyways, did some more listening today on my way to work and back and can now confirm that it's not LTE that is the problem in my case, it's simply the bluetooth connection that sucks, simple as that.
My iPhone 6 is usually in the left pocket of my jeans and I only need to move the iPhone around a little and the wireless connection starts breaking off, skipping, distortions, terrible. Doesn't matter whether it's streaming or music that's stored on my iPhone. Walking around is already enough. In short: unacceptable
Switching to my Plantronics Backbeat Pro and the bluetooth connection is perfect, no matter how much I move around, so it's definitely not the smartphone that is the cause. It's the Momentum Wireless that's the culprit.
Both headphones use the same BT4.0 protocol, so what is going here? Maybe it doesn't handle well Apple devices, similar to Sony's MDR-1RBT which also suffers from skipping problems when connected to an iPhone/iPad?

Waiting to read more impressions from you guys and how satisfied you are with the wireless connection.

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #520 of 3,671
  My set actually came fully charged. And yeah, they look and feel like premium all around.

Anyways, did some more listening today on my way to work and back and can now confirm that it's not LTE that is the problem in my case, it's simply the bluetooth connection that sucks, simple as that.
My iPhone 6 is usually in the left pocket of my jeans and I only need to move the iPhone around a little and the wireless connection starts breaking off, skipping, distortions, terrible. Doesn't matter whether it's streaming or music that's stored on my iPhone. Walking around is already enough. In short: unacceptable
Switching to my Plantronics Backbeat Pro and the bluetooth connection is perfect, no matter how much I move around, so it's definitely not the smartphone that is the cause. It's the Momentum Wireless that's the culprit.
Both headphones use the same BT4.0 protocol, so what is going here? Maybe it doesn't handle well Apple devices, similar to Sony's MDR-1RBT which also suffers from skipping problems when connected to an iPhone/iPad?

Waiting to read more impressions from you guys and how satisfied you are with the wireless connection.

How do you know when it's charged? Mine is a steady blue now? 

Feb 16, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #523 of 3,671
  Maybe it is some kind of "Memory Foam" inside?

Aye, it is memory foam, but it is now permanent memory... I left it since last night and all day today, and it is still in that position. It would seem that the material has already broken down. If it gets no worse, I would be fine with that, I was just curious if anyone else has noticed this behavior or not.

Feb 16, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #525 of 3,671

It is interesting to know there are connection issues with other phones too.
I keep my phone in left pocket also and today I noticed that all it takes is for me to flip the phone upside down and from a brief try it seems to improve the connection a lot.
So normally I keep the phone in my pocket so that the bottom of the phone faces downwards. With the bottom of the phone up, connection is much better.
I find it quite unbelievable that such a small move could cause so huge difference.

People carry their phones in different ways and this could be one reason why some experience drop outs and some don't.
I am wondering now whether these headphones are designed so poorly that they can't handle small interferences.
At least most other BT headphones are not that nit picky on how we hold our phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back