Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Feb 14, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #467 of 3,671
Got my M2 Wireless on Friday.  Beautiful headphones and I am loving how portable they are due to the folding function. I can easily store them in the small front pocket of my bag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoke /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I need to do some proper testing but I'm not sure I can tell the difference in sound between these and the Samsung Level Over, which are meant to have weak bass but a nice sound with warm mids.
So far I've not thought, oh the Senn's definitely sound different here. But these are my first pair of decent headphones.

I just want something that sounds decent, is comfortable and practical for wearing most of the day, and cancels noise. Wireless is a bonus.

The Level Overs are bigger, heavier and leave my ears hotter but there's no pinching - so better for big ears, so more comfortable I think.

Also has anyone found an app that will read the battery level of the m2s?
The Samsung Level Over has a nice app that lets you do EQ and also shows the battery level.
Senn should really release an app too (think Platronics have one for the backbeat pro etc. as well).

Also what do you guys use for playing flac on your PC?

Want to properly test them with decent quality source etc.

Have to agree that they sound like the Samsung Level Over, as I wrote here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/710413/high-end-bluetooth-headphones/615#post_11321493
And that is a problem for me. I returned the Level Over not only because they were too bulky for my daily commute to work, but because they didn't offer enough bass.
After getting used to the bass of the Sony MDR-1RBT (returned due to terrible skipping problem with Apple Devices) and my current Plantronics Backbeat Pro, my first impression is that the Sennheiser M2 Wireless sound too flat. 

My ears are 7cm by 3cm, and pointy. Elf ears.

Yeah I still don't think the earcups are normal. Not what you get on a normal pair of over ears. Which to me is style over substance. Think they'd look just as good a bit bigger.
I find the whole style/substance thing odd with products and headphones. A lot of the time things either look really bad but is comfortable, or looks good but is ergonomically compromised.
It's like when they take care to make something look good they sacrifice ergonomics, but if they make something ergonomic it's like they don't even try to make it look good.

Shouldn't be too hard to have a nice looking pair of headphones that actually fit comfortably. The Samsung Level Over are big but look pretty nice. Parrot Zik's are for mini heads and typical to philip stark prioritise looks over ergonomics. Back beat pro are ugly.

Fortunately, they fit well over my ears. Better than the Plantronics actually due to the oval shape. After wearing the Plantronics for several hours on my last business trip, my right ear started to hurt. And yeah, they have a rather cheap plastic look.
The Samsung aren't uncomfortable but are simply too big and weigh too heavy on my head.
The latest Sony headphones (MDR-1RBT, MK2, MDR-1ABT) are both very comfortable/light weight and look great.

Quote:
The situation is entirely different when the sound source is my iPhone5 and I put the phone in my pocket. At times there might be several seconds without music coming through. However, usually it's just severe braking and drop outs in the sound. Now the interesting part is that this doesn't occur when indoors. But right at the moment when I step outside, severe interruptions in the sound streaming begin. This makes the headphones basically useless for listening music when out and about.  
I have contacted the local Sennheiser representative and they're trying to figure out the issue. It could be of course problem with my iPhone (although I have some cheap Sony BT headphones that work flawlessly with it) or it could very well be that there is something wrong with this specific headphone unit.

Meantime, it would be interesting to hear if any of you have used the wireless headphones outside?
Do you play music from mobile phone within your pocket and get uninterrupted sound?

There is talk of LTE interference with BT4, try disabling your data connection on your phone and try it out and see if that fixes it temporarily, my expectation is that it will be fine. Not much you can do though to rectify it other than disabling 4G and only using 3G.

Yes I read comment about 4G and BT interference. That would also make sense as I always stream music using LTE connection when outside. I need to go out and try this out (LTE connection in my house is a bit poor).

Interesting, on my daily commute to work I usually stream a lot of radio music with the TuneIn Radio App on my iPhone 6.
Only have the M2 Wireless since Friday, but noticed some screeching/braking. Only for 2-3 secs, but was wondering if this was possibly due to poor internet connection. I am also mostly using LTE, so this might really be the reason why it happened.
Haven't noticed anything similar with the Plantronics Backbeat Pro (BT 4.0) and the Samsung Level Over (BT 3.0) though.
If that is a confirmed flaw of the M2 Wireless with Apple devices, then they'll have to go back for sure. Not acceptable, but I'll see how it goes after some more listening time on the go.

No interruptions outside here with LTE and iPhone 6 in pocket. Even took them for a brief drive with no problems. Also, after charging the M2's and resetting both devices, the bluetooth range has improved greatly. I suspect the culprit was low battery.

Inet streaming or music that is stored on your iPhone?

Whew. That was close. So 4.1 can be added to ios via a software update.. It's not a whole new chip

If we're talking about Apple, then just take a look what happened with APTX support which is AFAIK also "only" a software codec.
Makes me so mad that Apple doesn't care about their customers. If I weren't used to Apple devices and not so damn lazy, then I'd just switch to Android and get both proper NFC support and APTX.

Feb 14, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #468 of 3,671
As a new product just came into the market with so less stock, I really doubt there could be fake ones 

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #469 of 3,671
Hmm. Wonder if your streaming issues are with the lte connection you have since it is streaming radio. I'd imagine you wouldn't have as much of a problem with downloaded music. Mind experimenting?

I'm hoping Senn does keep software updates on the way if these issues continue to persist. I for one don't use much streaming radio, but am concerned if I have to use 3G as opposed to 4G. Will have to try them myself when they get here. Good thing there's a wire included :)

Feb 15, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #470 of 3,671
  I got the wireless pair of these Sennheisers a week ago and I'm really liking them. Build quality is superb as well as is the sound.
However, there is a serious problem and I'd love to hear if any of you have any similar experiences.

The problem is with the wireless connection. You talked about the short range and yes there are BT audio devices with far better range than these headphones have. Despite the short range I can easily use these while roaming around in the same room as the audio source. No drop outs or hiccups in sound.

The situation is entirely different when the sound source is my iPhone5 and I put the phone in my pocket. At times there might be several seconds without music coming through. However, usually it's just severe braking and drop outs in the sound. Now the interesting part is that this doesn't occur when indoors. But right at the moment when I step outside, severe interruptions in the sound streaming begin. This makes the headphones basically useless for listening music when out and about.

I have contacted the local Sennheiser representative and they're trying to figure out the issue. It could be of course problem with my iPhone (although I have some cheap Sony BT headphones that work flawlessly with it) or it could very well be that there is something wrong with this specific headphone unit.

Meantime, it would be interesting to hear if any of you have used the wireless headphones outside?
Do you play music from mobile phone within your pocket and get uninterrupted sound?

Have the same issue... paired with Xperia Z3 (no LTE connection), when roaming out side and phone in very short range in my pocket, connection suffers from breaks and drop outs. 

Feb 15, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #471 of 3,671
Weird. We've got a mix of good and bad connections. Heard that some BT headphones work better if you keep your phone on the same side as the receiver. But that's a hassle.

Wonder if Senn has gotten any questions about this. Really hoping it's software based and not hardware based. How could they advertise it if the range is horrible?

Try fully charging it.

Feb 15, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #472 of 3,671
Weird. We've got a mix of good and bad connections. Heard that some BT headphones work better if you keep your phone on the same side as the receiver. But that's a hassle.

Wonder if Senn has gotten any questions about this. Really hoping it's software based and not hardware based. How could they advertise it if the range is horrible?

Try fully charging it.

Yes, it would be great if anyone who's got connection issues could try and contact Sennheiser...
I'm just waiting for my M2 wireless to arrive on mid next week from CC and, pardon my finesse, it would be a real piss off if listening over 4G streaming is not quite stable... OK I admit it,on the go I use Spotify :/

Feb 15, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #474 of 3,671

Originally Posted by Ahzari /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The controls are fine, nothing fancy, at least they are discrete as not to mess with the overall esthetic of the headphone.

How do the M2's controls compare to the Zik's ones? Like I wrote earlier, I'm worried that double-pressing to play the next song and triple-pressing to play the previous song might be a little awkward.

Originally Posted by Ahzari /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Parrots had better noise canceling, but there was notable hiss that I dont hear with the Sennheisers. 

How much better is the noise cancellation of the Zik's? How did you compare it?

Feb 15, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #477 of 3,671

2. subguy812
  4. Hi,
  please, what is weight of the wired version? Please use a digital scale for weighing.

Thank you.

I am sorry I do not have a digital scale.

Feb 15, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #479 of 3,671
The M2 wireless control button is a bit too flimsy and I have to get used to it. I don't know how hard I actually have to press. Happened to me more than once that instead of the intended track skip the music simply paused.

Feb 15, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #480 of 3,671
The outdoor Bluetooth connection issues don't surprise me, they're normal for wireless headphones from my experience. It can happen when the phone is in your pocket (or anywhere on your person) on the opposite side of the headphones' Bluetooth receiver. Bluetooth may be able to transmit through walls but cannot pass through water, and since our bodies are mostly water, they naturally interfere with Bluetooth connections. This problem is exacerbated outdoors where there are no walls for the Bluetooth signal to bounce off. You should notice an immediate improvement in the connection by simply keeping your phone on the same side as the headphones' receiver.

If you want to test this theory, simply cup the receiver side of your headphones with your hand ― you'll instantly lose your connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back