Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Feb 14, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #436 of 3,671
  The bluetooth range on my M2's seems to be limited...no more than 25-30 feet at best before drops occur -- worse if there is a wall in between. Anyone else experiencing this?

Does any bluetooth headphone, with a similar sound quality(bandwidth) do it any better? It seems like a limitation of the protocol, not the headphones.

Feb 14, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #437 of 3,671
  Does any bluetooth headphone, with a similar sound quality(bandwidth) do it any better? It seems like a limitation of the protocol, not the headphones.

Sure you can really affect the range depending on your implementation, antenna, shape, size, etc. Look at the Bose sound link mini, it has terrible range, but most of that is due to the enclosure and the antenna just at the top part of the device. Also BT version makes a difference too as well as how much power they decide to provide the unit. For example a pair of headphones doesn't really need 30ft range when 15ft is more than likely a better range if it gives you 2+ hours extra battery life.

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #439 of 3,671
How much range does the Sennheiser Momentus 2 wireless have with the bluetooth of the Chord Hugo or the Retina Macbook Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPhone 5S?

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #441 of 3,671
Feb 14, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #442 of 3,671
Well the bluetooth range isn't great I think.

Samsung Level Over (bluetooth 3.0) has better range.

Back Beat Pro are meant to have phenomenal range (Bluetooth 1). And have great battery life.

But the M2s do connect and reconnect very painlessly.

I'm not really that bothered with the range.

Back in the day I used to use bluetooth headphones in the kitchen from my PC in another room or something, but now I'm just using my PC when I'm near it, or my phone which won't ever be very far away.

Feb 14, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #445 of 3,671
I got the wireless pair of these Sennheisers a week ago and I'm really liking them. Build quality is superb as well as is the sound.
However, there is a serious problem and I'd love to hear if any of you have any similar experiences.

The problem is with the wireless connection. You talked about the short range and yes there are BT audio devices with far better range than these headphones have. Despite the short range I can easily use these while roaming around in the same room as the audio source. No drop outs or hiccups in sound.

The situation is entirely different when the sound source is my iPhone5 and I put the phone in my pocket. At times there might be several seconds without music coming through. However, usually it's just severe braking and drop outs in the sound. Now the interesting part is that this doesn't occur when indoors. But right at the moment when I step outside, severe interruptions in the sound streaming begin. This makes the headphones basically useless for listening music when out and about.

I have contacted the local Sennheiser representative and they're trying to figure out the issue. It could be of course problem with my iPhone (although I have some cheap Sony BT headphones that work flawlessly with it) or it could very well be that there is something wrong with this specific headphone unit.

Meantime, it would be interesting to hear if any of you have used the wireless headphones outside?
Do you play music from mobile phone within your pocket and get uninterrupted sound?

Feb 14, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #446 of 3,671
  I got the wireless pair of these Sennheisers a week ago and I'm really liking them. Build quality is superb as well as is the sound.
However, there is a serious problem and I'd love to hear if any of you have any similar experiences.

The problem is with the wireless connection. You talked about the short range and yes there are BT audio devices with far better range than these headphones have. Despite the short range I can easily use these while roaming around in the same room as the audio source. No drop outs or hiccups in sound.

The situation is entirely different when the sound source is my iPhone5 and I put the phone in my pocket. At times there might be several seconds without music coming through. However, usually it's just severe braking and drop outs in the sound. Now the interesting part is that this doesn't occur when indoors. But right at the moment when I step outside, severe interruptions in the sound streaming begin. This makes the headphones basically useless for listening music when out and about.

I have contacted the local Sennheiser representative and they're trying to figure out the issue. It could be of course problem with my iPhone (although I have some cheap Sony BT headphones that work flawlessly with it) or it could very well be that there is something wrong with this specific headphone unit.

Meantime, it would be interesting to hear if any of you have used the wireless headphones outside?
Do you play music from mobile phone within your pocket and get uninterrupted sound?

There is talk of LTE interference with BT4, try disabling your data connection on your phone and try it out and see if that fixes it temporarily, my expectation is that it will be fine. Not much you can do though to rectify it other than disabling 4G and only using 3G.

Feb 14, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #447 of 3,671
  There is talk of LTE interference with BT4, try disabling your data connection on your phone and try it out and see if that fixes it temporarily, my expectation is that it will be fine. Not much you can do though to rectify it other than disabling 4G and only using 3G.

Yes I read comment about 4G and BT interference. That would also make sense as I always stream music using LTE connection when outside. I need to go out and try this out (LTE connection in my house is a bit poor).

Feb 14, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #448 of 3,671
And since I also read that these headphones can have their software updated, I am extremely curious as to whether they will be updated to BT 4.1. While this may prove to be limiting for some, I'm especially curious if this would be problematic in crowded areas, where 4G bands are all over the place. Or is it just a device to headphone basis?

Feb 14, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #449 of 3,671
And since I also read that these headphones can have their software updated, I am extremely curious as to whether they will be updated to BT 4.1. While this may prove to be limiting for some, I'm especially curious if this would be problematic in crowded areas, where 4G bands are all over the place. Or is it just a device to headphone basis?

Err... But could BT version be updated via software?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back