Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Feb 6, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #241 of 3,671
I think it's the way my ears are shaped. I positioned the earcups slightly back (they have a bit of leeway), else there isn't enough room for the back of my ears. And starts to become slightly uncomfortable, if I don't position 'em that particular way.

Ahh I see.. Mine are a bit smaller, but that's the beauty of the flexible earcups I suppose. The more I am reading about them the closer I get to returning my urbanites and shelling out 500 for these bad boys. Earcup size and comfort is SO essential, forget the color scheme

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #242 of 3,671
Tried them out in the store today, the BT/NC hiss is very faint. The NC does tone down the bass in the music a bit. External voices are still clearly audible with NC.

I prefer the sound signature of my 1/3 priced AKG271's, so I think the asking price is a bit steep.

Gonna sit on the fence until the Sony shows up.

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #243 of 3,671
Previous Sony's noise cancellation has been pretty poor no?

Never seen any love for the MDR-1s - are they meant to be good?

Curious how these will perform:
http://www.definitivetech.com/products/symphony

They're another new high end all in one ANC headphone

Feb 6, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #244 of 3,671
  Previous Sony's noise cancellation has been pretty poor no?

Never seen any love for the MDR-1s - are they meant to be good?

Curious how these will perform:
http://www.definitivetech.com/products/symphony

They're another new high end all in one ANC headphone

Yeah, I think Sony is giving up on ANC for the MDR-1ABT. They have added a couple of codec standards that supposedly outperform aptx though, so maybe no more hissing, but they may be Sony-proprietary for some time (i.e. you need a Z3 as a source).

The MDR-1rs (or the MDR-1rBT) didn't recieve that great reviews, but the successor MDR-1A has gotten very good reviews in local magazines atleast, being rated amongst the best sub $250 headphones.

Regarding the Symphony, I'm sceptical of putting $400 into a company's first product, but reviews will show. Battery time looks considerably lower than the Momentums.

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #246 of 3,671
  I dont like the new Momentum's looks.  Earcups look so flat and dominated by those large earcups, unlike the old momentum where the earcups look suave.  Hope these sound great as well.  Dont know why average consumers bother with wireless/NC, when wired cans give higher FI... agghhh let the peasants flock then

Wired cans give higher what? 

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #247 of 3,671
Wired cans give higher what? 

Im assuming he means that he does not know why people bother with noise canceling or wireless/bluetooth headphones because wired headphones are always known to have better sound quality compared to wireless headphones because the wire is directly connected to the source of your music and the headphone. I believe wireless headphones are for the people who are physically active and do not want to be annoyed by the wire. Personally i dont understand why someone would get a bluetooth headphone if they are not using them for physical activities. :p

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #248 of 3,671
Im assuming he means that he does not know why people bother with noise canceling or wireless/bluetooth headphones because wired headphones are always known to have better sound quality compared to wireless headphones because the wire is directly connected to the source of your music and the headphone. I believe wireless headphones are for the people who are physically active and do not want to be annoyed by the wire. Personally i dont understand why someone would get a bluetooth headphone if they are not using them for physical activities. :p

What always gets me is... Can you even exercise with cups like these? I'd be sweating all over my $500 pair of headphones and I'm pretty sure these aren't waterproof

Feb 7, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #249 of 3,671
What always gets me is... Can you even exercise with cups like these? I'd be sweating all over my $500 pair of headphones and I'm pretty sure these aren't waterproof

Thats exactly what im worrying about too. Personally that isnt going to stop me from getting these headphones. Im just going to take them off and blast the volume when i get sweaty from working out, But i have my own bodybuilding area in my house. So if you sweat hardcore then try finding a person who has these headphones and works out with them. I really cant think of a solution other than a no go for you with these. Also im having this issue with the beoplay h8 and still deciding if it would be ignorant to use these for working out. Still wont stop me from getting my hands on such fine technology lol.

Feb 7, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #250 of 3,671
Shifting via public transport or working in an inside area (kitchen/Office/laundry) isn't exercise but it's bloody annoying with M1 cable - just a tad long enough and wispy enough to catch on everything which in turn pulls at the connection.

I love the fell of my M1 - they are a tight fit which I have to tuck my ears into but it's worth it. Some day it annoys my ears after a while while others I can leave on for hours at a time.

Wormwood

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #251 of 3,671
Hi all,

I have just spoken to my manager! He has told me that any offer we are currently running on headphones will expire at midnight GMT tonight. The code to use if you do wish for any rebate is "headroom2015".

Regards

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #252 of 3,671
I see wireless more for use when in the kitchen cooking, or moving around a bit, out and about in town, or using your PC as a source but you don't want to be tied to it etc.

Wireless makes perfect sense. Obviously if you want higher fidelity, go wired, but a decent pair of wireless headphones with aptx - like the Momentum Wireless, will probably sound much better than the average pair of wired headphones, which is what people will use on average I guess.

For the gym I used some standard samsung in ear wireless - in ear with a short cable to a clip.
Now I have one of the top spec audio technica ones with a built in amp after accidentally leaving my samsungs in a hoodie I put in the wash.
The audio technicas obviously have much better bass and richer sound.

For swimming I use the sony waterproof headphones.
Life changing experience listening to music under water.

With the Momentum Wireless if you want to go wired you can, but you can also be free of that wire, which is a really nice choice to have. I've only used them wireless so far and think they very good personally. Will try them wired too.

But I found these because I was looking for ANC headphones that offered a more complete/better sounding package than the QC25. I really didn't want to deal with batteries, and the QC25 have a very light, plasticky, and I felt underwhelming build given their price. Exposed metal screws, personally thought they felt cheap, although nice looking in some way, comfortable and very portable.

Oh, and cable noise! So annoying. Another reason to go wireless.
Basically in plenty of real world conditions when you'd like to listen to music the Momentum Wireless will probably be much better than a more expensive pair of headphones because you can cancel out that noise etc which would otherwise destroy the listening experience or force you to listen to the music much louder than you'd like.

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #253 of 3,671
I'm definitely not planning to exercise with mine. Didn't even consider it.
Never seen anyone exercise with cans on for good reason I think.

Far too beautiful a piece of kit to be running and knocking about in.

BTW exercise is meant to make your ear drums weaker/more sensitive.
I read you should listen to music half the volume you normally do when doing strenuous exercise or you can damage your ears.

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #254 of 3,671
  Hi all,

I have just spoken to my manager! He has told me that any offer we are currently running on headphones will expire at midnight GMT tonight. The code to use if you do wish for any rebate is "headroom2015".

Regards

Thanks Phil, loads of people have been asking me for the code. I wasn't sure if I could post it here or not. 

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #255 of 3,671
  Hi all,

Regards

Order placed for the wireless set. Thanks to everyone for advice, opinions and the code Phil!

Can't wait to use my first ever set of Sennheiser headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back