Sennheiser MM 450 Travel: Apt-x, small ringing noise when using BT and TalkThrough?
Aug 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

thatBoymathi

New Head-Fier
Hi. I am currently experiencing 3 difficulties with my Sennheiser MM 450 Travel headset. Since I bought my headset used I just wanted to make sure I am not the only one experiencing this.

1) Apt-x connectivity with Mac OS Mountain Lion. I can connect my headset to my MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), but I cannot get Apt-x quality streaming - only SBC. My computer has Bluetooth 2.1.

Summed up:   Does Apt-x require Bluetooth 4?

2) I hear a small ringing noise (only from the right side though) when using Bluetooth. I don't hear the noise when playing music, even though I know it's there. I only hear it when having it turned on with no music.

Summed up:   Is it normal hearing a small ringing noise on the right ear with this model?

3) When using the 'TalkThrough' feature I press the NoiseGard button and I can only use the feature for approx. 5 seconds before the device automatically returning to the state it came from (playing music).

Summed up:   Does TalkThrough only work for 5 seconds?

Thank you all. This is my first post on the forum. I look forward to hear from all you experts!

Aug 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 4
This should help on the apt-X issue: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3891328?start=0&tstart=0

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #4 of 4
i really regret buying the sennheiser mm450x travel due to the following

1- I hear hiss when I listen to music with the cable connected and the headphone is powered on, this can clearly be heard when u lower the volume of your phone ( only the headphone is turned on but not paired by bluetooth )

2- when I turn on noise cancellation and listen to music using a cable I start to hear hiss in both sides of the headphone

and now the biggest disappointment listening to music with bluetooth paired to my sony xperia z ultra and my iPad mini the bass sound is so bad and distorted and muffled and sounds so terrible when I listen to music over bluetooth and noise cancellation is on. The bass goes so bad that I stop music.

I tried testing sound of the same song using different phones and even from my mac, and I can tell u with confidence this is the worst decision I made to purchase these mm450x. 

When I listened to the same song using my philips sbh9001 bluetooth headphones the same song sounds so so so so much better than the crapy sennheiser mm450x

I sent sennheiser so many emails and they never got back to me.

My cheap philips sbh9001 bluetooth headphones sound so so much better than those mm450x. What a shame I bought these headphones and the high price tag i paid for this crap.

I feel that this has been given a recommendation on this site that is not deserved at all.

Watch out everyone 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back