Sennheiser Launching New Products at CES!
Jan 7, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #213 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by snejk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm starting to believe that Jude is so disappointed about the new Senn products that he's too embarrassed to make a report.

Yeah... I see him staring at his notebook through clouded eyes, his fingers heavy as lead...

Jan 7, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #214 of 265
Another guess:
The new products are good(wireless IEM that doesn't looks like domino bricks earrings might be actually useful),
But Jude is afraid to report that and getting lynched by the angry I-MUST-GET-HD8000 mob.

Jan 7, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #215 of 265
There is still hope, right?
redface.gif

/edit: on the serious side: good IEMs by senn would be great for the European market. Other often discussed higher end brands are, in my experience, hard to find in shops here (to see, or try them) before purchase.

Jan 7, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #218 of 265
I think there's a good chance that the IE6, IE7 and IE8 are going to sound very good. Their frequency responses alone show that these are not normal IEMs with hearing aid drivers. All 3 go down to 10Hz! I really like the feature of the adjustable bass screws on the IE8. Different people have perceived very different frequency responses with the same IEM, I'm guessing because the different shapes of peoples' ears and ear canals--which effect sound differently for different people--don't have a roll in shaping sound with IEMs. The bass adjust screws will give you the ability to fine-tune the sound to your anatomy, not just your preference. For me the Shure E500 was by far the most ridiculously bassy headphone I've ever tried, and I absolutely couldn't stand them because of it; but I've heard other people call them bass light? A feature like this seems kind of necessary for an IEM that will work well for everyone. Those IE8s are coming out in April, and the IE6 and IE7 are going to be here in March. I wonder how much they'll cost. It looks like what Tyll told us a while back--that the new headphones would be dynamic, expensive (they look expensive, anyway), and unlike anything currently on the market--turned out to be true. Thanks to all those who spread rumors about new top full-sized dynamics and electrostats.

Still though, I can't imagine them sounding as good as top full-sized headphones, and IEMs are not a market I'm interested in. I've had nothing but bad experiences with them. I was really hoping for something I would sell my Edition 9 to try out. Oh well, they'll be perfect for a much broader market.

As a side note, M-Audio introduced a $499 triple-driver IEM as well. M-Audio has re branded some of Ultimate Ears' earphones. These look a lot like the triple-fi, but who knows, maybe they're tuned more like the UE10. Oh, and if you really want a new flagship full-sized headphone, take a look at Monster Cable's new $399 Beats, officially endorsed by Dr. Dre.
tongue.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #220 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some people, LOL.
250 millions or so ..........
Actually they don't exactly celebrate christmas on the 6th of January, but they are exchanging gifts.

So they're celbrating epiphany, just like some of my local friends do.

Jan 7, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #221 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In a way.For most of the successors of the eastern roman empire epiphany is the main celebration day with family gathering and gifts and so on, much like our christmas.
Except the 40 million Ukrainians which celebrate christmas on the 6th of January.This has something to do with a time shift between the old julian calendar and the newer gregorian calendar.

Jan 7, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #222 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We here in the frozen north celebrate that the last Santa Claus has left (they are 13 and not very nice) and that we also celebrate elfs, trolls and other mythical creatures. Just another excuse to get hammered...
tongue.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #223 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We here in the frozen north celebrate that the last Santa Claus has left (they are 13 and not very nice) and that we also celebrate elfs, trolls and other mythical creatures. Just another excuse to get hammered...
tongue.gif

The Vikings aren't what they used to be anymore.
Once upon a time they didn't need excuses ...........

Jan 7, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #224 of 265
Well, I don't want to say "I told you so," but I did...

Still, balanced, the HD650 rules. As much as I would like to see an improvement, the existing product still warrants a place on the market.

Jan 7, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #225 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Vikings aren't what they used to be anymore.
Once upon a time they didn't need excuses ...........

I didn't until I developed an ulcer from drinking too much...
biggrin.gif
The funny thing is that we have genes that can handle the drinking as liver damage is way down in the last 25 years while the drinking has tripled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back