SENNHEISER INVITES YOU TO BE PART OF HISTORY - (Seeking participants)
Nov 25, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #166 of 183
I'm game to try new things out! :D

I'm a newbie but enjoy listening to new headphones and have experience with testing products for large companies under an NDA.

I also have had experience working with loaner gear during setting up omaha meets. I'm a very trustworthy person.

Thanks for your consideration!

Nov 25, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #167 of 183
I am willing to write a review and have a great headphone set up with MacBook Pro as a source to a Audio GD NFB-8 DAC balanced into a Audio GD Phoenix ACSS to LCD2 Rev 2 and HD650s balanced.  Thanks for your consideration.

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #168 of 183
Late entry!!

I'm not sure if this offer is open to the non-US public but owh well.

Now I'm not the most prolific reviewer nor claiming to be the one with 'golden ears' but I've heard my fair share of headphones ranging from the cheap to the ultra expensive and rare. I also have good relationships with the local headphone retailers, do giving input regarding headphones, sales, pairings and such. To my ears, from a technical standpoint, the HD800 is the best headphone commercially available today, besting out its closest rivals, the T1 from Beyer, Audez'e LCD-2 and even to a certain extent, the Ultrasone Edition 10. Perhaps I can, aside from breaking down the technicalities and qualities of this new product, offer a review or some input from a mid-class consumer's point of view on what we want from a flagship, and what are the things that coerce us into parting with a large chunk of our savings for our passion for music and gear. (As I recently did again with my purchase of the Edition 8 LE). This select few participants will no doubt be raving about sennheiser's new product and will start the wheels of another behemoth audiophile gear.

Edit: If you guys are willing to get a preview set to Australia, I'll be more than happy to arrange some kinda of meeting with the local Sennheiser distributors as well as a local retailer with the largest range of gear to test them out, and pit them against other competitors, including the very new Audez'e LCD-3. I'll condense our findings into a report/review/impressions write up.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #170 of 183

[size=10pt]My journey with Sennheiser began when I was about 9 years old. My dad had a pair of old Senns with yellow foam ear pads; I listened to them obsessively, growing to love them. I used them so much the pads completely wore out, almost to the point of being unwearable![/size]

[size=10pt] [/size]

[size=10pt]Since then I have developed a more sophisticated interest in audio reproduction equipment, culminating with my HD650s paired with a tube amp. I'd greatly enjoy the opportunity to be involved in the audition of a new product, as it would be my first time acting in that capacity. [/size]

Nov 25, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #171 of 183
My journey into the audiophile world began a year ago when I purchased a pair of Sennheiser HD555s. Since then, I've replaced my entire music collection with CDs, tossed my iPod Touch for a player that handles FLAC, and I'm desperately trying to save up for the perfect amp to go with a pair of HD800s. I've flirted with other manufacturer's offerings, but there is nothing sweeter to my ear than a pair of Sennheiser's. Sennheiser launched me into audio nirvana and I'd love to repay that invaluable gift anyway I can.

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #172 of 183
I sell your headphones daily and would love the opportunity to get a chance to see what I may be selling next.  Currently own a set of Sennheiser HD650s and sell them on a daily basis based off my experiences with them over other headphones.  If you think your newest headphones can impress me, then I'm in.

Nov 26, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #173 of 183
I love music.  All I use are headphones.  I have the best avatar on the site.  My name is Lloyd.

Nov 26, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #174 of 183
As a producer and a musician, I've enjoyed the company of various enthusiasts, strangers and friends alike, who simply enjoy music as I do. Exchanging ideas, discussing music, playing with the equipment – all wonderful times. I've spent many years refining my aural sense and sharing my passion with others. I hope for a seat among these participants, and if I’m chosen, I will pour into this event the very unyielding passion that helped me develop my craft after all these years. Thank you.

Nov 26, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #175 of 183

When I bought my first headphone, a HD 555; I was blown away. I couldn’t believe how great it sounds. I then bought a HD 650, and felt like listening to more, which started my Sennheiser journey; I felt in love with the Sennheiser sound signature. I’ve always thought Sennheiser has the best laid-back sound signature. After listening to over 30 Sennheisers, and currently owning 20(yes 20, check my profile), I’m still not at the end of my Sennheiser journey, and I believe being part of this invite will bring my quest to a new level.

Nov 26, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #176 of 183
As a proud owner of Sennheiser Orpheus system with a serial number 129 and HD800, I'm already part of your history as well as your your biggest fan.  Please allow me this opportunity to take part in the next chapter of Sennheiser's headphones revolution.  If selected, I can bring both of the legendary dynamic headphones,  Sony MDR-R10 & Qualia 010, for the fine folks at your company to audition! :)

Thanks,
Purk

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #177 of 183
Hi,

I know there are a lot more experienced head-fi members when it comes to different types of sound signatures and a lot of other stuff, and I am no crazy audiophile, but if you would like a more well rounded of a audience instead of just audiophiles, please consider me; just a member from the general audience group, who really loves music. Thank you.

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #178 of 183
I have been a fan of the sennheiser sound since my first pair of hd580s back around 1994 and have owned another hd580 pair since then along with 2 hd600s and many lower end models. Lets just say that I am a big fan of the sennheiser house sound and would really like the opportunity to be a part of this. I hope I still made it in time.

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #180 of 183
While it would be fun to test out a +$1000 headphone I would be stuck in terms of actually being able to afford it if I am smitten by the sound. So I kinda hope this ends up being a mid tier headphone and I get smitten by it instead :wink:.

This all under the hope I get accepted for the test of course.

In any case it would be fun hearing their latest headphone, affordable for me or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back