Sennheiser in Transformers!
Jul 4, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #31 of 40
I just got back from Live Free or Die Hard. About half the time, the characters in the movie were wearing headphones of some kind. I'm too much of a noob to tell what they were exactly, but they looked like Sony's.

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:35 AM Post #32 of 40
In the Departed the girl in the end has HD280s, but she has them on backwards.

Jul 4, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #33 of 40
I hadn't noticed the senns but did notice all of the other blatant product placement. I HATE product placement in movies! I know some people think it makes the movie seem more real, but to me it always feels taked on. Also I know this isn't a thread about the movie, but the "humor" in the film didn't sit well with me at all. I thought it was freakin lame.

PS: Anyone notice the Misfits poster in Sams' room?

Jul 4, 2007 at 9:09 AM Post #34 of 40
Just saw Transformers too. Thought it was ok, but it went on a bit near the end.

I didn't even notice the sennheisers though, but I do remember seeing them now.

Jul 4, 2007 at 9:13 AM Post #35 of 40
Did anyone else notice The Sennheiser HD280s hooked up to a 3' stack of McIntosh components in The Departed? I started laughing right in the middle of the theater when I saw that.
Also, if you ever watched the TV show Sports Night (I love it, have it on DVD) whenever they were in the editing room they were wearing AKG 171s or 271s.

Jul 7, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSurSpoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD-280's are in "The Departed". Off topic, I know. Sorry.
frown.gif

Yep saw the HD280 in the Departed too. Well that particular section was mainly and blatant MCINTOSH plug then anything!! Surely with that setup something like HD650 should have been used. Yeah its not about Transformer but Sennheiser was also there in the thread too
tongue.gif

Jul 7, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That movie...I will not go watch in theaters.. Why? My love for VW, and it was betrayed by the ******* who made that movie.

Even in the preview, when the kid went to get his car, the Camaro was parked next to a Beetle. An AC'd Beetle at that. I was about to scream "jackass...you just missed out on Bumble Bee and got a Camaro..." Turns out the Camaro was Bumble Bee....how the hell are you going to name a Camaro "Bumble Bee", especially when there was a BLATENT show that there was a VW there...and why would you do that? Make one of the most known characters the WRONG CAR??? Why not Make Optimus Prime an Aveo while you're at it?

Ever since I saw the trailer last year...I was kinda ticked about that...

end vent, lol.

Just to clear the air about why VW is not used, is because German car manufacturers have stuck to this policy about not licensing the use of their cars to be portrayed as war machines (like Transformers). Toy manufacturers in recent years have tried and failed in recent years to remake some of the Transformers in the latest Porsche, BMW or VW models due to licensing issues (e.g.: the Binaltech line).

Jul 7, 2007 at 9:20 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by headcheck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep saw the HD280 in the Departed too. Well that particular section was mainly and blatant MCINTOSH plug then anything!! Surely with that setup something like HD650 should have been used. Yeah its not about Transformer but Sennheiser was also there in the thread too
tongue.gif

With that kind of rig they should have shown the Sony R10. Ca-Ching $$$

Jul 7, 2007 at 12:51 PM Post #40 of 40
Today it is all about product placement money paid to the producers.

Apple products are everywhere in the movies and TV. You would think eveyone owns an Apple computer. It is gorilla marketing at it's best (or worst).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back