Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Apr 12, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #4,412 of 7,699
Quote:
I have it for a while. It is very powerful in bass, not good option for excellent voice. If you prefer good voice, go to Shure se 535. 

ur talking about  mid's huh?
blink.gif
 do a bit of modding u'll notice a huge difference.. :p I never loved my 535 though :/

Apr 12, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #4,413 of 7,699
does any of u guy's use a amp for the IE80's? if so.. plz recommend me a one..( would prefer a very natural sounding one.....)

Apr 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #4,414 of 7,699
Quote:
does any of u guy's use a amp for the IE80's? if so.. plz recommend me a one..( would prefer a very natural sounding one.....)

I have been using my IE80 with the Tralucent T1 so far and yielded fantastic result. IMO, the combination even trumped my former IE80's favourite pairing, the Studio V. The T1 does not possess that ridiculous soundstage of the Studio V, but it renders the IE80's presentation a lot more "3D", if that's the right word to use, due to a slight emphasis on the mids region. Generally, the IE80 responds quite well to amping, so I guess even an E7 or E17 would do the trick nicely, depending on how much you decide to shell out.

Apr 12, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #4,415 of 7,699
I am using my IE80s out of my PC at the moment. All my headphones are played out of a Fiio E7/E9 combination using JRiver MC17 as my media player and it sounds very good. When I go solely from the PC/JRiver combo there is a definite decrease in sound quality despite the fact that I am in either kernel streaming or WASAPI mode. The same goes when I combine any amp with my Sansa View - better sound all round but the E7 is great. I have yet to test this system with my iPhone 4S.

So despite the fact that the IE80s are ridiculously easy to drive, an amp adds a definite improvement as far as I'm concerned. One other  thing I have noticed. I have been listening to Deadmau5 via Spotify Premium. Someone just gave me a Deadmau5 CD and for the first time I could hear the sound difference between cda and 320 kbps MP3 which mean that the IE80s must be pretty damn good.

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #4,416 of 7,699
Sooo, the first hour or two of listening to my new ie80's has left me deeply disappointed. :frowning2: :confused:They are just not wowing me like my hd650s do and are not sounding much better than a 40 dollar pair of iems.

They were bought and sold from amazon.com so I am 98% sure they are real. Maybe my expectations were too high? Maybe it is because I am playing them through a Zune HD? Any opinions?

Thanks.

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #4,417 of 7,699
I play my IE80s out of my computer with a Titanium-HD soundcard which I think has a built in amp, definitely sounds a tiny tiny bit better when I played them through my onboard audio. 

Doesn't require an AMP/DAC unit though as I play it out of my iphone and still sounds almost identical. 

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #4,418 of 7,699
Quote:
Sooo, the first hour or two of listening to my new ie80's has left me deeply disappointed.
frown.gif
:confused:They are just not wowing me like my hd650s do and are not sounding much better than a 40 dollar pair of iems.

They were bought and sold from amazon.com so I am 98% sure they are real. Maybe my expectations were too high? Maybe it is because I am playing them through a Zune HD? Any opinions?

Thanks.

I believe the Zune could be your problem. I have one too (HD) and sometimes it just sounds terrible, other times its just fine. The IE80 doesn't always sound great in stock form either. I have yet to mod mine, but you should definitely try it to see if you like the changes it will make to the sound.

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #4,419 of 7,699
Quote:
Sooo, the first hour or two of listening to my new ie80's has left me deeply disappointed.
frown.gif
:confused:They are just not wowing me like my hd650s do and are not sounding much better than a 40 dollar pair of iems.

Thanks.

for how much did u bought it??? 150-200?? then defiantly a darn good fake,,,

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #4,420 of 7,699
Quote:
I have been using my IE80 with the Tralucent T1 so far and yielded fantastic result. IMO, the combination even trumped my former IE80's favourite pairing, the Studio V. The T1 does not possess that ridiculous soundstage of the Studio V, but it renders the IE80's presentation a lot more "3D", if that's the right word to use, due to a slight emphasis on the mids region. Generally, the IE80 responds quite well to amping, so I guess even an E7 or E17 would do the trick nicely, depending on how much you decide to shell out.

Woow.. this seems like a +1 for the T1....  have any one tried the rapsodio's shozi PX-1's??? i wonder how it sound like.. 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #4,421 of 7,699
Quote:
Woow.. this seems like a +1 for the T1....  have any one tried the rapsodio's shozi PX-1's??? i wonder how it sound like.. 
rolleyes.gif

loll sylaw if you want it just go for it :wink:... It's a good amp so I don't think you'll go wrong with it. Although I think getting the Sui would be the bigger upgrade still :wink:...

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #4,422 of 7,699
Quote:
loll sylaw if you want it just go for it :wink:... It's a good amp so I don't think you'll go wrong with it. Although I think getting the Sui would be the bigger upgrade still :wink:...

Oh boy... u know how to blush people dont u 
tongue.gif
. Yep now i have to get both... Damm u lee 
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #4,423 of 7,699
Quote:
frown.gif

Thanks.

Your expectations are too high.
The difference between good and bad IEMs is not as big as people want you to believe.

Edit: I won't even comment on the so-called "improvements" due to amps.

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #4,424 of 7,699
I believe the Zune could be your problem. I have one too (HD) and sometimes it just sounds terrible, other times its just fine. The IE80 doesn't always sound great in stock form either. I have yet to mod mine, but you should definitely try it to see if you like the changes it will make to the sound.

That's disappointing that a 450 dollar pair of headphones wouldn't sound great stock. But I should try them with a better mp3 def.

for how much did u bought it??? 150-200?? then defiantly a darn good fake,,,

Bought for 292 from amazon, not a third party seller. While always possible they can be fake I highly doubt it. I have checked all the tell tale signs from the pics here and they all point to real.

Your expectations are too high.
The difference between good and bad IEMs is not as big as people want you to believe.

Edit: I won't even comment on the so-called "improvements" due to amps.

This is what I'm leaning towards. I sure do wish I had a pair of 20 dollar iems to compare them to. Maybe I'll buy some and just give them to my girlfriend after since I broke hers anyway. :D

Yeah I fell for that scam with the cardas cables for my hd650s and I don't hear a difference. As a matter of fact if anyone wants a cardas fat pipe cable, pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back