Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Apr 21, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #2,281 of 7,699

Quote:
i just realise that my silver galaxy cable have a defect. the upper part of the jack was abit pushed and causes bend (i dont know how to explain it but i have put a pict). will these effect the sound quality ?
frown.gif

Are you referring to the 2 channel bit separated by the black plastic that bends? Or the whole 3.5mm extension bending from near the housing mount? If the plastic bits are bending then I'd prefer you to get it replaced by either Warranty (if these cables come with any) or with a bit DIY, re-terminate the end with a 3.5mm jack of your choice, I personally like Oyaide, Switchcraft and Viablue's for there build quality. It shouldn't affect the sound now, but you might end up hearing static from future wear and tear as the plastic rings separate the 2 channels and GND respectively. 

It is quite hard to completely snap it off unless you put pressure into bending it 90' degrees etc.....

But yeah unless your really worried you can get it fixed up, but if you take bit more care then it should easily last for a while and no it doesn't affect the sound unless you start hearing static or channel imbalance because the contacts inside are weakened or breaking from pressure that is forcing the jack to bend.

Apr 22, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #2,282 of 7,699

Quote:

there has to be something wrong here... esp since complys or foamies will increase the bass (although muddy the rest of the spectrum)... personally i dont seem to have any fit/seal issues with any of my iems, but the ie80's are certaintly known for their lower frequency reproduction, and not just quantity but amazing quality as well.

I just stumbled upon another song that the IE80 performs great at... this song has a 32hz low 'C' note that I'm curious to see if people can perceive it, and the amplitude at which they perceive. out of the ex1000's, fx700s, and ie80s, the ie80s sure hit this note the best IMO

its at 1.15

http://soundcloud.com/chrisbmusik/chrisb-on-a-whim-free-download

ChrisB - On a Whim

Thanks for sharing another great track. I can hear it.. It's almost as if I feel it more than I hear it. It complements the higher psychedelic tones very well - when it all comes together in your head it's pretty surreal. I doubt the low C is meant to be the center of the attention in this track. But it sure does validate the bass prowess of the IE80s.

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #2,283 of 7,699
I just ordered me a pair of the ie80's for 203quid (327US dollars) from soundexposure.com. Couldnt resist at that price. Am so going to get told off by my family when they arrive. Hope its worth it. Oh and i cant wait :)

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #2,285 of 7,699
what aftermarket cables are there available for IE80?

the stock cable on IE80 keeps falling off the ears when worn-over-the-ears :frowning2:

what good silicone tips are there in the mkt which complements the IE80? i guess it's widespread news that the stock silicone tips are ill fitting.....

Apr 23, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #2,286 of 7,699

Quote:
what aftermarket cables are there available for IE80?

the stock cable on IE80 keeps falling off the ears when worn-over-the-ears :frowning2:

what good silicone tips are there in the mkt which complements the IE80? i guess it's widespread news that the stock silicone tips are ill fitting.....

Unless the stock cable gets hardened due to cold temperature, I don't see how it could keep falling off ears. My problem is the cable for the EX1000.

As for the aftermarket cable, you may try the Piccolino cable mentioned on last page of this thread. It costs only a little over $1300.
wink_face.gif

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #2,290 of 7,699
Funny today my IE80 sounds better than ever before I am not even joking. Could it be possible the milestone hrs of burn-in has just kicked in?

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #2,291 of 7,699
Either that or you could just really be in the mood for them today. Right now I'm listening to my FX700s with my UHA4 and I'm being blown away by the musicality and smooth nature of the combo. I still do prefer my UHA4 to my O2 amp for different reasons.

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #2,292 of 7,699

Quote:
Either that or you could just really be in the mood for them today. Right now I'm listening to my FX700s with my UHA4 and I'm being blown away by the musicality and smooth nature of the combo. I still do prefer my UHA4 to my O2 amp for different reasons.

I never been in a good mood so that possibility is out. It must hit the 1000 hrs of burn ins.

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #2,293 of 7,699

Quote:

How did you get that price? Did you haggle? It says 225 on there at the moment.

No i never haggled, did a google search for the ie80's and that website came up, it was on Sunday as 199, ordered on Monday when was still 199. Got lucky i guess. But 225 is still a good price for them. They authorised dealers too, emailed sennheiser to check.

I received my ie80's today, and am impressed, the standard tips fit well, they look good, far more comfortable than my triplefi's. Was listening to them for like 30mins, and really enjoying them. Letting them burn in now.

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #2,294 of 7,699

Quote:

No i never haggled, did a google search for the ie80's and that website came up, it was on Sunday as 199, ordered on Monday when was still 199. Got lucky i guess. But 225 is still a good price for them. They authorised dealers too, emailed sennheiser to check.

I received my ie80's today, and am impressed, the standard tips fit well, they look good, far more comfortable than my triplefi's. Was listening to them for like 30mins, and really enjoying them. Letting them burn in now.

I'm curious though, are these vendors an authorized dealer? There's no way to know for sure if they are real unless you can verify they are an "Authorized Sennheiser Dealer". Also Sennheiser won't back you up with the 2 year warranty if not. There are many fakes out there so please beware.

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #2,295 of 7,699
I'm curious though, are these vendors an authorized dealer? There's no way to know for sure if they are real unless you can verify they are an "Authorized Sennheiser Dealer". Also Sennheiser won't back you up with the 2 year warranty if not. There are many fakes out there so please beware.

Well i did email sennheiser asking if soundexposure.com were authorised dealers of theirs. And they replied saying they were. I made sure to check before i ordered. Cause couldn't believe they had them for 199quid. And they fakes out already? Any idea how to check if they fake?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back