Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Oct 28, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #303 of 7,699

Quote:
Imho, the IE80 sounds better than my HD650 with Stefan AudioArt Equinox cable and foams removed. So thats a plus for all I should think.

Awesome, the HD650's with the foam mod sound way better than the stock configuration too.  Did you feel the same way about the original ie8's as well?

Oct 29, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #304 of 7,699

I've heard the GR07 doesn't have any of the weaknesses of the IE8s but that the IE8 is technically a better IEM just that for the price you pay for the GR07 when compared to the IE8 it really closes the gap and makes the GR07 the better value. Better value doesn't equate to a better product necessarily. Otherwise no one would have customs then lol. The IE8s can be great IEMs but they require patients and good EQ and they are great. I just kinda want more in your face and not so much mellowness although with my cable they still are more in your face but they've settled more with extended use than I'd like. Those IE10s are now making me want to wait lol. Either I end up selling my IE8 and upgrading as I still want to have the Senheiser Signature. But if its quite improved with no veil, that is exactly the sound signature I am looking for, something even more along the lines of HD600/HD650. They IE8s may be similar but with its bloated mid bass and veil I can't say its quite the same.
Quote:

If you have IE8's, and were interested in gr07's, you may as well just get both and forget about the IE80's. Sennheiser is almost guaranteed to release an IEM over the IE8 in the next year, (IE9 maybe?); I don't think the IE80 would be a huge improvement over their current version. And from what people here say, the gr07 school the IE8's... So why would the IE80 redeem itself?

Personally, I'm happy with the IE8's; I was going to get the gr07's, but they announced new in-ears too, and I know sennheiser has something else up their sleeves. SO for now, I'd rather just wait.

Oct 29, 2011 at 6:09 AM Post #305 of 7,699

Quote:
Imho, the IE80 sounds better than my HD650 with Stefan AudioArt Equinox cable and foams removed. So that's a plus for all I should think.

I think that settles it for me. I'm getting them. Thank you diabolic-maniacal salesman lol 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #306 of 7,699
im thinking about retireing my IE8 and its between the SM3v2 and the IE80. i guess im going to have to wait till they are more wide spread so theres a proper comparison between the two.

Oct 29, 2011 at 8:43 AM Post #308 of 7,699

Quote:
But alas, I'm not a salesman, I'm an engineer, and we do things very analytically, I even listen to my machinery as they have no way of telling me their symptoms, unlike a doctor's advantage.

That's good. Means you analyze the sound and hopefully no placebo-effect is influencing you :wink:. Although I highly doubt that anyways. But you know the certain headfiers who love to throw that one out all the time.

Oct 29, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #309 of 7,699

Quote:
im thinking about retireing my IE8 and its between the SM3v2 and the IE80. i guess im going to have to wait till they are more wide spread so theres a proper comparison between the two.

If you're even considering the SM3 consider the FX700. Can take the place of both the IE8 and SM3. Not sure about this IE80 though. If the comparisons hold true I think the FX700 is gonna have a very sultry and seductive competitor. I'm actually enjoying my FX700s as I type. I am so glad they didn't disappoint like the EX1000s did :wink: Believe me if it had, I would have closed my account and said goodbye headfi lol. But most of the reviews in general haven't left me disappointed in all honesty. Just the EX1000 was one of the most expensive disappointments, although I did pay quite a bit less than many did TBO.

Oct 29, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #310 of 7,699
As always, I agree with out friend lee's FX700 recommendation, but completely disagree with the EX1000 disappointing in general, as they're my absolute all time favorite universals. That's not to say I don't believe lee didn't find them to his liking. But in all fairness, if the FX700 deserves a recommendation, so too does the EX1000. Gotta give credit where it's due, and the EX1000 happens to be one of the most (if not THE most) competent universals currently available.

We'll know where the IE80 stands in due time. 
smile.gif

Oct 30, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #311 of 7,699
Is there is a big difference between the Senheiser IE8 and IE80? Here in local stores they sell the IE80 is more $100 than the previous version. Is it worth to pay more?

Oct 30, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #312 of 7,699

Quote:
Sir you are correct.

My Sennheiser Dealer told me that there will be an IE-10 released next year that will be distinctly different from the IE-8 or IE-80, a new top-of-the-line. No other info is available as usual.

Quote:
I wonder which dealer (country wise) are you dealing with 0_0

Dealer is in USA.

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #314 of 7,699

Quote:
Quote:

Dealer is in USA.

burtomr when are you gonna post your impressions on the IE8 thread with your new silver cable :). I want others to have confirmation of our findings. I know its not in my head like the non-believers like to insist.

Oct 31, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #315 of 7,699

Quote:
burtomr when are you gonna post your impressions on the IE8 thread with your new silver cable :). I want others to have confirmation of our findings. I know its not in my head like the non-believers like to insist.

I'm also interested in the recable improvements:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back