Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Apr 16, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #5,356 of 7,699
I can´t think of anything better than the IE80, no matter the Price class as this is a relative issue and depend on more factors than the soundquality, for example,where are they made? You will pay a lot more Money if they are build in Europe and or the US. In Asia and Africa, the wages are much much lower, so this effect the Price for the consumer.
I have 5 sets and only my JVC are in the same Price range, but they are more suited for acoustic jazz, classic,etc.

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #5,357 of 7,699
Believe me there is much better to  be had. The Sui is on a different level than the IE80 and it is similarly priced. This is coming from someone who had both the IE8 and IE80 and upgraded the cables on them. The FX850 is also clearly superior to the IE80 in every way. Still the IE8/IE80 got me started on my journey here and they will always have a special place in my heart :p.

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #5,361 of 7,699
I bought mine in Munich a year ago in a Saturn store for around 220 euros, so I think 200 euros are probably not that risky for fakes...

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #5,362 of 7,699
Something a bit different perhaps.

I ordered a pair of IE 80s during last years Black Friday sales. They were a good price at the time, but were back-ordered. Through one thing and another I forgot to cancel the order. Lo and behold they showed up today
I used UE TF10s for years. Then I upgraded to Phonak PFE 232s (with grey filters FWIW), which were great. Next came Weston 4Rs that pushed everything else to the side. So the IE 80s were purchased on something of a lark.

Now I have a new set of these Sennies and I'm not sure if I want to try them anymore. I haven't done it yet but I'm probably going to sell off the Phonaks (if you haven't noticed such things aren't high on my to do list), I'd like to have one good set of IEMs about just in case. So I'm looking for advice.

My listening is more mainstream old white guy :D . I'm using a iPod Touch with a Vamp Verza. And I do like me some bass.

TIA

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #5,363 of 7,699
As someone who has a pair of pfe 232's and ie80's, and from your list of other iem's i would say don't open them. I really like the ie80's and i listen to almost strictly EDM, but the bass is too boomy. I always equalize the bass down. But the pfe bass i think is just about perfect. In fact, the 232 is the best iem i've ever heard.

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #5,369 of 7,699
The ones sold at Amazon for 200 Euro and less are not fakes, I heared from an Insider that Amazon buy complete production stocks,so that explains why they are able to go down on the normal Price( 299 Euro) , and boost the sales. Whatever I think the IE80 is on it´s way to become a legend in the way the over ears 600-650 are.Apart from the soundquality they are extremely light and comfortble, somethimes I feel so see if they still in my ears:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back