Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Jan 21, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #5,179 of 7,699
of course with this manoeuvre you lost your guarantee and you can ruin your babies!!!!!

but I gave it a try...

I took the waxguard out, than replaced with cotton balls with "safety rope" :)

To use different cotton balls I can easily set my "noise" level to the centre.

this mod cut of from the hights but the mids and deeps got really tight.

Jan 21, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #5,181 of 7,699
Errm. You sure you can't just set the balance on your source? There is a setting on the iPhone. Don't know about other DAPs.

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #5,182 of 7,699
If you hear bass on the left side, that is 99% a seal issue. 
I did not have this serious problems with my fit, but I ended up with custom sleeves.
It improves your experience, even, if you had good fit. (I used Comply as well.) 
I have my customs made at ACS. It was perfect at first try, got used to it in 2 days. I think, it fits 90% of customers first time. But they redo, if anything wrong...

IE80 does-not need amp. But if you use one, you can get some extra joy. :)

Jan 21, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #5,183 of 7,699
i am offered an ie8 for round 200 bucks or so or the ie 80 for yet unknown price, how different are tĥese two ? how do they compare with each other , people said that the xba h3 is better but im not exact attracted to its franken fit

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #5,184 of 7,699
If you hear bass on the left side, that is 99% a seal issue. 

I did not have this serious problems with my fit, but I ended up with custom sleeves.

It improves your experience, even, if you had good fit. (I used Comply as well.) 

I have my customs made at ACS. It was perfect at first try, got used to it in 2 days. I think, it fits 90% of customers first time. But they redo, if anything wrong...

IE80 does-not need amp. But if you use one, you can get some extra joy. :)

+1 for ACS.

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #5,185 of 7,699
Okay, so I got my shipping label to send back my sennheiser ie80's and now i'm going to put it in the box as well as just my headphones. Once I sent it, what am I supposed to expect?

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #5,186 of 7,699
  Okay, so I got my shipping label to send back my sennheiser ie80's and now i'm going to put it in the box as well as just my headphones. Once I sent it, what am I supposed to expect?

A small dwarf will knock on your door. Ask him: "what's the password". If he say's S-e-n-n-h-e-i-s-e-r backwards then let him in...
biggrin.gif

....Ok, ok, you will get a package from a Sennheiser agent with new IE80's. They don't really fix yours, they just replace 'em. All you have to do now is wait.....

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #5,189 of 7,699
  How long will it take? And I thought that people don't just hand you free replacements in case of breaking. I am just sending the headphones not the box or the other stuff.

It takes a couple weeks.

Most good companies, like Sennheiser, honor their warranties without making you do parlor tricks. Plus, it's way easier for them to just replace your defective item with a new one than it is to pay a tech to mess around trying to fix yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back